Me?

Old 11-08-2017, 03:00 PM   #92
ilikeplanets
Braindead

that would be exorcising, took

Old 11-08-2017, 03:04 PM   #93
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I may have the face of an aged dame but my waistline is pretty maidenly.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:52 PM   #94
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
i'm gonna start exercising for an older woman here
Speaking of women our seniors, still not totally sure what the situation with Longboard Mom is. That's the one who offered to give me her number at work, and invited me to a dinner party with two of her Tinder matches. Wasn't sure if she's poly, or... I just decided that for once I wouldn't think too hard about it, and whatever unfolds would be what unfolds. But I haven't been hearing from her as much recently, and when she does text, it feels a lot more terse than usual. I wonder if something has upset her. Part of me feels that it may be because I haven't made good on my promise to introduce her to some other friends. Just haven't found the time, and my grad/post-grad friends are always busy during the semester. I figure she wouldn't want to hang with a bunch of twenty-something undergrads.

Coincidentally, it was when I went to that techno club thing with Longboard Mom that I met the woman I'm seeing tonight. She was the only person there who looked normal and not like some spirit-hooded glowing-leg-warmer hula-hooping rave weirdo, so she caught my eye and we traded texts making fun of the ravers.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:56 PM   #95
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I guess I'm also seeing somebody on Friday who was wearing a spirit hood and those clunky neon DC skate shoes when I ran into her. She seemed pretty cool, so I looked past the fashion sense.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:59 PM   #96
Disco King
Minion of Satan

And, again on the topic of women our seniors, a woman contacted me wanting to meet up. She suggested trading photos, and that felt weird to me, having had met everyone I've ever dated in real life. She claims to be 27, but when she sent her photo... she didn't look 27.

Not that I mind. There's nothing wrong with her, and I'd still date older than 27 (Longboard Mom's 35). But it's just... are you telling the truth tho?

Old 11-08-2017, 04:03 PM   #97
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
your boys can call her "mummy 2"
Mummy 2: The Mummy Returns

Old 11-08-2017, 04:10 PM   #98
Ram27
dumb

SHIT guys so I actually did get promoted to being a director next semester

holy FUCK i'm so happy now

i get an extra credit hour that's a free A, and get to fuckin direct baseball games holy shit

i said to my professor 'thanks for the opportunity' and he was like 'i have 100% faith in you'

shit

fuck

woah

Old 11-08-2017, 04:12 PM   #99
FoolofaTook

Thumbs up

Hell yeah ram! Nice going.

Old 11-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #100
ilikeplanets
Braindead

cool, good jerb

Old 11-08-2017, 04:55 PM   #101
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
And, again on the topic of women our seniors, a woman contacted me wanting to meet up. She suggested trading photos, and that felt weird to me, having had met everyone I've ever dated in real life. She claims to be 27, but when she sent her photo... she didn't look 27.

Not that I mind. There's nothing wrong with her, and I'd still date older than 27 (Longboard Mom's 35). But it's just... are you telling the truth tho?
how did she get in contact with you?

she could have easily sent you older pictures of her if she "needed" to lie... lots of people on tinder don't have up-to-date pics, it seems. including this one woman i am talking about, but in actuality her pictures did not even do her justice. she's almost 40 and she looks awesome.

Old 11-08-2017, 04:59 PM   #102
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post

i get an extra credit hour that's a free A, and get to fuckin direct baseball games holy shit

i said to my professor 'thanks for the opportunity' and he was like 'i have 100% faith in you'

shit

fuck

woah
awesome dude!

Old 11-08-2017, 05:50 PM   #103
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
how did she get in contact with you?
Errm... FetLife.

I didn't intend to use my account for dating or anything like that. The website isn't necessarily a dating site, a lot of people use it more like a Facebook-type thing to share events and such. Through that, I've been to a few events here and there (workshops, info-session, and munches, not interested in play parties). Even says on my profile that I wasn't looking to use it as a dating site, which isn't exactly unheard of, because a lot of people already in exclusive relationships will put similar things on their profiles.

But she messaged me, commenting on how she is also new to the scene, and would like to go to events and get to know somebody in a similar boat. So I thought, what the heck. We traded numbers.

Quote:
she could have easily sent you older pictures of her if she "needed" to lie... lots of people on tinder don't have up-to-date pics, it seems. including this one woman i am talking about, but in actuality her pictures did not even do her justice. she's almost 40 and she looks awesome.
I hope you two are hitting it off! I assume you've gone out already? How did it go?

There's a regular customer I have a small crush on who must be in her 50s or something. But she's married. I chat with her about photography when she comes in, though, because she's a commercial photographer.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:51 PM   #104
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post

shit

fuck

woah
Everything's coming up RAM!

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-st...-15_dblbig.jpg

Old 11-08-2017, 08:36 PM   #105
Ram27
dumb

my cuffs are bone dry!

Old 11-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #106
FoolofaTook

I got wasted last night. It was great. Ended up watching live OM and Alcest on youtube until 2 AM.

like a boss.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:08 PM   #107
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Errm... FetLife.

Through that, I've been to a few events here and there (workshops, info-session, and munches, not interested in play parties).
What's a munch?

I figure it's some sort of snack-infused gathering, as chewing on each other would surely be filed under "play parties."

Old 11-08-2017, 11:31 PM   #108
FoolofaTook

I think it's a weird fetish thing.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:57 PM   #109
Ram27
dumb

probably

Old 11-09-2017, 03:01 AM   #110
FoolofaTook

Ram I don't have a hetero man-crush on you I swear.

But if you like you can triple spoon with teh b0lly and me whilst listening to Alcest's Shelter...

Imma be in the middle ok?

Old 11-09-2017, 03:44 AM   #111
FoolofaTook

You are dating an incredibly good-looking guy. You both feel the attraction building up. What do you do? Now is not the time to decide! It’s too difficult to think when passion overtakes you. You must decide before you go on the date what your limits will be.

1) Do not be unequally yoked.

Take 2 Cor. 6:14 seriously.

Don't team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? (NLT)

If you are dating someone who doesn’t have a personal relationship with Christ, you are playing with fire. If you fall in love, what will you do? Don’t let the relationship progress to a physical point and then hope you can cut it off later.

2) Put on the armor of God daily.

You need all the help you can get in today’s world. Are you spending time with God? Do you depend on Him to meet your needs of love and security? You can resist temptation if you put on the whole armor of God (Eph. 6:10-20).

3) Put obedience over passion.

Not everything we do that’s right, feels good. In fact, usually the opposite is true. It feels incredibly good to give in to passion. But, the authority of Christ needs to take precedence over your physical drives. Society tells you to give in to the moment. Christ tells you to be obedient to His word.

4) Physical expression must be appropriate.

Physical touch/intimacy should correspond with commitment. This doesn’t mean anything goes if you are engaged. Physical touch should be in the context of a meaningful relationship, not reduced to satisfaction of personal need.

5) Limits must be set mutually.

Both partners should take responsibility for setting limits. Mutual boundary keeping reflects maturity.

6) Examine your personal motives.

What is your motivation -- power and control, gratifying your own ego, meeting a selfish need, or genuine affection?

7) Is there too much physical and too little other?

If the social, emotional, spiritual dimensions are missing or lacking, you are out of balance. If you can’t stand the person but have a great physical relationship, rethink the relationship.

8) Less is better.

If one person is uncomfortable with any type of physical expression, don’t do it. You should respect and honor each other. Don’t push a date to do anything that makes him/her feel uncomfortable.

9) Be guided by love versus lust.

Love is the fruit of the Spirit. From love comes self-control. Operate in love, not lust.

10) Allow the Holy Spirit to direct and lead you.

If you feel convicted of certain behaviors, stop doing them.

Special Note: If you are a teen, you must honor your parents and respect their counsel (Ephesians 6:2-3). You are subject to parental authority. Don’t be sexually active just because you can get away with it.

Old 11-09-2017, 04:18 AM   #112
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
What's a munch?

I figure it's some sort of snack-infused gathering, as chewing on each other would surely be filed under "play parties."
Haha, yeah, it's a meet-up for the scene for people to get to know each other, and for newbies to become acquainted with the scene. Typically held in a vanilla setting, like a cafe or pub. Pretty low-key, so only people part of the group will be aware of the group's purpose.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:16 PM   #113
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Fet Life reminds me of my ex so much

Old 11-09-2017, 01:42 PM   #114
yo soy el mejor

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
FELLAS!
YEAH!

Old 11-09-2017, 01:50 PM   #115
yo soy el mejor

i've got tomorrow off from work so i will probably get a little crazy tonight by having two to three gimlets or gin and tonics with tim. but i should really see if i can make a last minute appt with my general doctor or tear into my math work tomorrow to take advantage of a weekday with no work or school.

i tried setting up an appt with my lawyer (to meet with the other lawyer) but arranging a meeting time is like herding cats minus the cute factor.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:56 PM   #116
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Haha, yeah, it's a meet-up for the scene for people to get to know each other, and for newbies to become acquainted with the scene. Typically held in a vanilla setting, like a cafe or pub. Pretty low-key, so only people part of the group will be aware of the group's purpose.
the emo scene?

Old 11-09-2017, 04:28 PM   #117
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
the emo scene?
The teen werewolf scene.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:16 PM   #118
yo soy el mejor

the floppy hat and bow-tie scene