Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2007, 06:00 PM   #61
Shapan
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp
Kind of. The thing that makes Smash so good now is its responsive controls. If it loses that through the lag of online play then I'll never play online because I demand an extremely extremely low input command : action ratio. So if it lags even the slightest bit I'll never touch it online. I'm still not sure if I even want Sonic in it. Seeing that gay Pokemon trainer in it already pisses me off a little bit. I figure he probably won't be, but Nintendo said they'd love to have him in it.

Do you think Marth will be in it?
with ike in im pretty sure marth is gone. ive never played fire emblem but ike's look is like a hybrid of roy and marth.

i know what you mean by the gayness of the lag, i was playing strikers the other day and it was freezing and pissing me off. did you ever play the online thing that was used for melee? my roommate and i tried it once but it was so repulsively laggy that we couldnt continue. i heard nintendo's got a lot of complaints and are trying to work out the kinks, if online play is smooth then it will be awesome. and while i hate pokemon, i think pokemon trainer is a decent compromise. instead of adding a few extra pokemon they just make this interchangeable character, and those pokemon are like the least annoying ones. i hope jigglypuff is back though, i love using that character.

i really hope sonic's in just because ive been a huuge sonic fan since i was a kid. i mean, he's the third party character everyone wants, why not? ill play with him so much if he's there.

i wonder if they'll keep wavedashing and everything. i dont know how id choose to use the wiimote over the gamecube controller or what advances it could really offer.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:10 PM   #62
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke de Spa
i liked viii best and i played vii first.

viii & x have the best magic systems out of what i've played (iiids, vi, vii, viii, ix, x), but tidus kills x. squall's a dick but he doesn't have a voice
I was a huge fan of the materia system; I don't know if I really liked the drawing magic thing, though. I liked the character Squall, he was pretty cool, but I think the storyline (which was okay, but just not really interesting to me, so completely subjective here) paired with characters that I never really liked are some of the things that made 8 as a whole just "okay" in my mind. But I really liked 9 though, so my opinion on FF games is a little off. I'm really a big fan of FF games that stick to the original FF setup, which is perhaps why I like 4, 6, 7 and 9 the most. I don't like it when they try new things to capture new gamers.

I agree that Tidus absolutely killed 10, though I'd like to add so did the sphere grid. Customizable characters are nice, but I like distinguishable classes in a FF game. Why even bother having different characters at that point?

Old 09-27-2007, 06:12 PM   #63
Rockin' Cherub
Braindead

the magic system in viii is horrible but i don't want to talk about it

Old 09-27-2007, 06:12 PM   #64
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapan
with ike in im pretty sure marth is gone. ive never played fire emblem but ike's look is like a hybrid of roy and marth.

i know what you mean by the gayness of the lag, i was playing strikers the other day and it was freezing and pissing me off. did you ever play the online thing that was used for melee? my roommate and i tried it once but it was so repulsively laggy that we couldnt continue. i heard nintendo's got a lot of complaints and are trying to work out the kinks, if online play is smooth then it will be awesome. and while i hate pokemon, i think pokemon trainer is a decent compromise. instead of adding a few extra pokemon they just make this interchangeable character, and those pokemon are like the least annoying ones. i hope jigglypuff is back though, i love using that character.

i really hope sonic's in just because ive been a huuge sonic fan since i was a kid. i mean, he's the third party character everyone wants, why not? ill play with him so much if he's there.

i wonder if they'll keep wavedashing and everything. i dont know how id choose to use the wiimote over the gamecube controller or what advances it could really offer.
I'm sure Puff will return, she's a staple character. See, about Ike, that's what I was thinking, that he might be replacing Marth and Roy completely. I mean, obviously from SSBM we learned that EVERYBODY wants to be the cool looking guy with a sword, which is why we're seeing characters like Pit getting pulled out, or why so many n00bs use Link and Marth (poorly). I've never used the online play for SSBM, but your words make me think my fears for SSBB may come true.

Edit: Puff was a great character to use against people who don't really play too much, so they think they're going to stomp her but then you just spam her aerial over+A and over+B attack and rest for funny and simple victories. I guess that's the usual tactic now with her. Clearly not up to par with top tier characters, but fun to use against newer players.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #65
Shapan
Socialphobic

im hoping strikers was laggy because our connection was shitty, which my roommate told me was probably the case, because any freezing in brawl would completely throw a game off. and the online thing i used for melee was something done by some hacker, so of course it would be glitchy.

hopefully its smooth, if it does we can battle it out.

and yeah i love how people underestimate jigglypuff. shes got some crafty moves and her side smashes are pretty good, but too often i think "even if i get my percent up i can probably set up the sleep" she was especially good in the first one, her down aerial sleep combo would work practically every time. but ive always preferred melee, i have a bunch of friends that prefer the original and others than prefer melee.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:07 PM   #66
???
Minion of Satan

Lightbulb

Quote:
I was a huge fan of the materia system; I don't know if I really liked the drawing magic thing, though. I liked the character Squall, he was pretty cool, but I think the storyline (which was okay, but just not really interesting to me, so completely subjective here) paired with characters that I never really liked are some of the things that made 8 as a whole just "okay" in my mind. But I really liked 9 though, so my opinion on FF games is a little off.
oh, you're kidding, bro. 8 has so much heart in it, its so breathtakingly beautiful from start to finish. actually makes me cry sometimes. i love every character, laguna is hilarious, seifer is legendary, edea's badass...the story is also probably the most original one in the whole ff series, time travelling sorceresses and whatnot. i am convinced there will never again be a game (or movie) this beautiful, period.

the battle system is too easy though, i agree. using summons repeatedly and boosting so hard your thumb falls off loses its appeal, ff7 had more diversity battle wise and you actually felt like you earned your limit breaks when you got them. drawing new magic from enemies is a cool idea though.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #67
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

who the hell gives  A FUCK about any final fagtasy after vi, not me.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:26 PM   #68
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

if you use summons in viii you're not playing it right

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197343/19814

Old 09-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #69
Shapan
Socialphobic

my only complaint about ff8 is that cheesy song they play when squall and rinoa are in space and i think they're revealing their feelings to each other.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:44 PM   #70
Luke de Spa

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

rinoa should have died

Old 09-27-2007, 07:49 PM   #71
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

someone should have died, but I still liked the end a lot.
I like VIII the best, just a bit more than 9. I liked the idea of drawing magic out of enemies but they didn't implement it well.
I played 7 first and it's okay but 8 and 9 are both much better.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:02 PM   #72
???
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapan
my only complaint about ff8 is that cheesy song they play when squall and rinoa are in space and i think they're revealing their feelings to each other.
i think that's a beautiful song- the song in 9 is cheesy. eyes on me was a huge hit in china and japan.

i can see why some of the characters were unpopular (ie rinoa and squall especially) but i don't think the game needed to be so drastic as to kill off any lead characters. its a one-off title, won't get any sequels etc so might as well have a wholesome happy ending. for me it was traumatic enough just to read some of the fucking fanfics that came out- squall beating up rinoa and accidentally burning down the garden, zell going anorexic then turning gay and contracting AIDS, irvine leaving selphie for quistis who gets raped by a gf. so ridiculously emo some of that bullshit but there was some surprisingly good writing going on!

ed: LOL at all this

Old 09-27-2007, 08:05 PM   #73
Luke de Spa

fanfic writers should have died

Old 09-27-2007, 08:19 PM   #74
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Cherub
the magic system in viii is horrible but i don't want to talk about it
drawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdr awdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdraw drawdrawdrawdrawdrawdraw?

Old 09-28-2007, 06:26 AM   #75
Ever
Minion of Satan

I'm tired of rpgs, I wanna good rts now. guess it's time to get Age Of Empires II again. That game was golden.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:18 PM   #76
Rockin' Cherub
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviousJ
drawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdr awdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdraw drawdrawdrawdrawdrawdraw?
good point

Old 09-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #77
ILOVECATS!!1
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess
tooooooootally!

thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away!
try two months, lol.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:50 PM   #78
BumbleBeeMouth
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever
I'm tired of rpgs, I wanna good rts now. guess it's time to get Age Of Empires II again. That game was golden.
I won money on that game!!

Old 09-28-2007, 09:15 PM   #79
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I used to play Magic online for $$ and cards but mostly $$

Old 09-28-2007, 09:50 PM   #80
I'm Hardcore
Banned

i've just been sitting on my deck with my mom+aunt talking about how shitty life is.

at least its sunny and warm

Old 09-28-2007, 09:56 PM   #81
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeMouth
I won money on that game!!
This is the coolest thing I've ever heard. How much did you win? Were you in a tournament?

Old 09-28-2007, 09:57 PM   #82
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Hardcore
i've just been sitting on my deck with my mom+aunt talking about how shitty life is.

at least its sunny and warm
Talking about the shittiness of life in general, or your life specifically?

Old 09-28-2007, 10:00 PM   #83
I'm Hardcore
Banned

Quote:
Talking about the shittiness of life in general, or your life specifically?
life in general. i dont think my life sucks that much.

my aunt is going through some financial difficulty. she basically works 7 days a week now, to cover that. my stepdad also had to drive 3 hours this morning because his stupid daughter's car broke down.

she is such a bone head. she bought a car from 1971, and drove it 3 hours up north, ON THE SAME DAY. Without even getting a mechanic to look at it.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #84
Luke de Spa

it's not shitty, it's just a complex illusion. free will is a myth, there can be no personal responsibility, let's play video games and try to forget what we are

Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #85
I'm Hardcore
Banned

im listening to blues records, they can be my equivalent of video games today

Old 09-28-2007, 10:02 PM   #86
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Seems like common sense would've at least said don't drive it that much, let alone have someone look at it. What's going to happen with that?

Old 09-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #87
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke de Spa
it's not shitty, it's just a complex illusion. free will is a myth, there can be no personal responsibility, let's play video games and try to forget what we are
I agree with you so hard right now.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:05 PM   #88
I'm Hardcore
Banned

Quote:
Seems like common sense would've at least said don't drive it that much, let alone have someone look at it. What's going to happen with that?

it gets funnier...her boyfriend is 27, she is 16. And he didnt know that you need to refill the radiator with water.

So, he drove 3 hours, to fill a fucking radiator with water.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:07 PM   #89
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Her boyfriend = total pimp, first of all. But second, yeah, that's the easiest thing ever to know. Like, even if you don't have access to radiator fluid you can just use straight water for a little bit. Does she have lots of common sense issues?

Old 09-28-2007, 10:09 PM   #90
I'm Hardcore
Banned

her and her boyfriend both exist on a completely different planet.

and fuck, its sick that he's dating a 16 year old. If i was her father, i'd punch that lowlife right on the jaw