Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2005, 05:14 PM   #31
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by paranoid

Well, for one that was just an example of a few songs. Cash Car Star and Dross he performs the high sqeel guitar parts, in Shame he does the ebow guitar lead, which in my opinion makes the song. Also, Shame is the best song on that fucking album. period.

James had a good sized amount of input into the pumpkins first 3 records. Without him we wouldn't had I Am One, Soma, Mayo (atleast the way they are) the guitar solo in Zero (which puts the icing on the cake folks), Farewell and goodnight, the crazy guitar crashing noises in Tales of a Scorched Earth, there are countless others. If you listen to the Pumpkins music enough, and close enough, you'll be able to distinguish the difference between Billys playing and James playing.

Go pick up the latest guitar world with billy and read the article, you'll hear straight from the horses mouth the importance of James to that band.
Shame is the best song on that album? WHAT!!?? Not even top 5 on that album. That is crazy!

Old 07-19-2005, 05:16 PM   #32
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Well, for one that was just an example of a few songs. Cash Car Star and Dross he performs the high sqeel guitar parts, in Shame he does the ebow guitar lead, which in my opinion makes the song. Also, Shame is the best song on that fucking album. period.

James had a good sized amount of input into the pumpkins first 3 records. Without him we wouldn't had I Am One, Soma, Mayo (atleast the way they are) the guitar solo in Zero (which puts the icing on the cake folks), Farewell and goodnight, the crazy guitar crashing noises in Tales of a Scorched Earth, there are countless others. If you listen to the Pumpkins music enough, and close enough, you'll be able to distinguish the difference between Billys playing and James playing.

Go pick up the latest guitar world with billy and read the article, you'll hear straight from the horses mouth the importance of James to that band.

Of course he is gojng to say that in public. He doesn't want to make him look bad. C'mon now! Is he supposed to say he sucks?

Old 07-19-2005, 05:17 PM   #33
Quiet
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Corgan Rules

Shame is the best song on that album? WHAT!!?? Not even top 5 on that album. That is crazy!
So... James isn't as important as Billy because Shame isn't one of your favorite songs on Adore? That's your response?

Old 07-19-2005, 05:18 PM   #34
Quiet
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Of course he is gojng to say that in public. He doesn't want to make him look bad. C'mon now! Is he supposed to say he sucks?
Well, he did call him "lazy", so I don't think he really cares about making him look bad...

Old 07-19-2005, 05:21 PM   #35
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Christ, you didn't even read the article and your trying to argue a point without looking at the facts first.

Billy has said a lot of negative shit about James in public over the past couple of years as it is, so i don't think he would have ever hesitated to say his playing in the band sucked if he ever thought so.

Read the article and see for yourself... He pretty much says that Him and James were the center of that group. Jimmy was either in or out, but the magic in the band centered around the two guitar players.

As far as shame goes, you're getting into an argument over opinion. It's my opinion that Shame is the best song, so dont ridicule me because of it.

What are your top 5 favorite adore songs btw???

Old 07-19-2005, 05:21 PM   #36
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Quiet

So... James isn't as important as Billy because Shame isn't one of your favorite songs on Adore? That's your response?
My point is that basically any guitarist could have done what James did. That's my point! Don't act like he is so damn great when he isn't! He is an order taker and an average one at that.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:25 PM   #37
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Well, read how Shame was recorded in the blogs and you can see that James wasn't ordered to play that part.. it was all improved, and according to Corgan a very chilling and beautiful experience. Sure, technically any guitarist could have done what james did, but as far as creativity goes, that is out of the question.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:25 PM   #38
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Christ, you didn't even read the article and your trying to argue a point without looking at the facts first.

Billy has said a lot of negative shit about James in public over the past couple of years as it is, so i don't think he would have ever hesitated to say his playing in the band sucked if he ever thought so.

Read the article and see for yourself... He pretty much says that Him and James were the center of that group. Jimmy was either in or out, but the magic in the band centered around the two guitar players.

As far as shame goes, you're getting into an argument over opinion. It's my opinion that Shame is the best song, so dont ridicule me because of it.

What are your top 5 favorite adore songs btw???

Ok. I have to go get that magazine then. You are not wrong for liking that song the best on that album. I was just shocked.

My top 5 in no particular order (besides #1)
1. For Martha
2. Ava Adore
3. Behold the nightmare
4. Tear
5. Once upon a time

I love the entire album. The only song I don't really dig isn Annie dog. I also love to sheila, pug, and daphane descends.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:26 PM   #39
Quiet
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

My point is that basically any guitarist could have done what James did. That's my point! Don't act like he is so damn great when he isn't! He is an order taker and an average one at that.
If any guitarist could do what James did and he's as terrible as you say, then why would Billy keep him around all those years? Billy has basically said James was a pain in the ass... if he weren't crucial to the sound of the group, then why would he keep him around?

Old 07-19-2005, 05:28 PM   #40
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

If any guitarist could do what James did and he's as terrible as you say, then why would Billy keep him around all those years? Billy has basically said James was a pain in the ass... if he weren't crucial to the sound of the group, then why would he keep him around?

C'mon now! Billy is very loyal towards the band and it's members. His take was that they all got there together and it will stay that way. You should know that.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:29 PM   #41
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Talking

Quote:

So you're calling Billy a liar now

Old 07-19-2005, 05:35 PM   #42
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Ok. I have to go get that magazine then. You are not wrong for liking that song the best on that album. I was just shocked.

My top 5 in no particular order (besides #1)
1. For Martha
2. Ava Adore
3. Behold the nightmare
4. Tear
5. Once upon a time

I love the entire album. The only song I don't really dig isn Annie dog. I also love to sheila, pug, and daphane descends.
1. For Martha- James plays the clean ********** guitar throughout the entire song.
2. Ava Adore- I am not sure but i think James play's the solo in this song, if not he did play it at all of the live shows.
3. Behold is the only song on Adore that James co wrote with Billy... it is not credited in the liner notes but in '98 this was pointed out in an interview. (I honestly don't remeber which one, and i am not about to search it out). He also plays the weird feedback guitar solo in the middle.
4. Tear- I don't think he had a lot to do with this song.
5. Once Upon A Time- Wrote the high part that is played through this song, played it as an ebow part during the live shows.
6. Daphne Descends- wrote the ebow guitar melody in this song, which in my opinion makes this song.
7. Pug- I believe he wrote or was part of writing the distorted guitar melody that starts before the second verse. I am only basing this on the fact that it doesn't sound like billy's melodic style to me however. So i guess my basis for this is weak.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:35 PM   #43
Quiet
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

C'mon now! Billy is very loyal towards the band and it's members. His take was that they all got there together and it will stay that way. You should know that.
Yeah, he was VERY loyal when he kicked Jimmy out and when he replaced Darcy with Melissa.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:36 PM   #44
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:

oh, ok, so i guess that james and darcy WILL be in the new Pumpkins!! oh hooray!!

Old 07-19-2005, 05:40 PM   #45
br191804
Demi-God

So I take it people have heard this new before. Sorry that I brought up such a sore subject. The dj had me convinced it was real.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:45 PM   #46
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Yeah, he was VERY loyal when he kicked Jimmy out and when he replaced Darcy with Melissa.

You are just dumb! Did you watch the full circle. They kept saying how he is very loyal. What choice did he have if he still wanted the pumpkins to continue? He didn't! He said that the plan was to bring Jimmy back and you know what HE DID. He took him back once Jimmy got over his addiction. He wanted Jimmy to get better as opposed to having him continue with the band and eventually kill himself. He would have welcomed Darcy back if she wanted to come back. Once again, he didn't have a choice in the matter. He had to continue that rock machine and it was best to get another person. If it would have stopped then, he would have been telling everyone that Darcy was the band. She definitely wasn't!

WTF? Do you not understand this? It makes perfect sense to me.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:46 PM   #47
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

oh, ok, so i guess that james and darcy WILL be in the new Pumpkins!! oh hooray!!

If darcy and james want to come back, you know that Billy will allow them to. We all know that.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:47 PM   #48
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

Quote:
He had to continue that rock machine
I love you Corgan Rules. Will you marry me?

Old 07-19-2005, 05:52 PM   #49
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:

You are just dumb! Did you watch the full circle. They kept saying how he is very loyal. What choice did he have if he still wanted the pumpkins to continue? He didn't! He said that the plan was to bring Jimmy back and you know what HE DID. He took him back once Jimmy got over his addiction. He wanted Jimmy to get better as opposed to having him continue with the band and eventually kill himself. He would have welcomed Darcy back if she wanted to come back. Once again, he didn't have a choice in the matter. He had to continue that rock machine and it was best to get another person. If it would have stopped then, he would have been telling everyone that Darcy was the band. She definitely wasn't!

WTF? Do you not understand this? It makes perfect sense to me.
Look, you don't need to start calling people dumb here. Sure, some people pick on you, but let them be the assholes, you throwing names around just makes it worse for you.

The basic fact here is that everyone had an intergral part of the band, maybe not evened out perfectly but everyone had a role that was important. Billy was solely not Smashig Pumpkins.. if he was, he'd just continue on as a solo artist. To continue the band without James and D'arcy may still be the Smashing Pumpkins, but it would not be the same for many reasons.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:56 PM   #50
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Look, you don't need to start calling people dumb here. Sure, some people pick on you, but let them be the assholes, you throwing names around just makes it worse for you.

The basic fact here is that everyone had an intergral part of the band, maybe not evened out perfectly but everyone had a role that was important. Billy was solely not Smashig Pumpkins.. if he was, he'd just continue on as a solo artist. To continue the band without James and D'arcy may still be the Smashing Pumpkins, but it would not be the same for many reasons.

Of course it wouldn't be the same, but we don't have any clue if his solo years would be better than the pumpkins or not. It is way too early to tell. After all, it has only been 1 album and he went in a completley new direction.

Oh by the way, Quiet is a wuss. Everything I say, he always adds that I am wrong which is BS. I have my own opinions and I don't hide them in fear just because the majority disagrees with me. He just can't think for himself and I hate people like that.

Last edited by Corgan Rules : 07-19-2005 at 06:04 PM.

Old 07-19-2005, 06:11 PM   #51
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Talking

Quote:
Oh by the way, Quiet is a wuss. Everything I say, he always adds that I am wrong which is BS. I have my own opinions and I don't hide them in fear just because the majority disagrees with me. He just can't think for himself and I hate people like that.

Old 07-19-2005, 06:22 PM   #52
Luke de Spa

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you
Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by DeviousJ

Old 07-19-2005, 06:51 PM   #53
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Of course it wouldn't be the same, but we don't have any clue if his solo years would be better than the pumpkins or not. It is way too early to tell. After all, it has only been 1 album and he went in a completley new direction.

Well how do you know if you are wrong or right?? So far a lot of your argument has been without base, and you haven't stuck to one conviction as far as I'm concerned. Mostly you like to disagree, and in doing so you like to shoot out rude comments like "you are dumb blah blah blah" without considering the weight of the other persons argument. Because of this YOU come across as the retard and therefore you get picked on alot, and people don't take your opinions as seriously. TRUST ME, you'd be more respected if you didn't come off as so hostile and angry towards other peoples beliefs and opinions.

Billy has admitted himself that he is not to keen on being a solo artist, he likes being in a band situation, and the Pumpkins are his home. I think he put his best foot forward in being solo, but the passion is very different. Not necessarily lacking, but you can tell his heart is absolutely in the context of the smashing pumpkins.

Old 07-19-2005, 07:11 PM   #54
Jackbox
Ownz

Corgan Rules, you are seriously one of the biggest retards i've ever had the displeasure of meeting on the internets. Seriously.

There's no way you could ever be subjective about anything billy corgan will ever make. You're just as fucking deranged as those teeny boppers that worship britney spears and the likes, except worse, because you degrade a good musician to an everyday pop idol with the consistent rantings and ravings about various inane subject matters.

I hope your mind expires.

Old 07-19-2005, 07:16 PM   #55
Luke de Spa

Quote:
Originally posted by Jackbox
There's no way you could ever be subjective about anything billy corgan will ever make.
You mean "objective".

Also, uh, mega-loles at everyone trying to argue with Corgan Rules. Water off a duck's back, my friends.

Old 07-19-2005, 07:27 PM   #56
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Exclamation

Quote:
Geeze... I would sure love to hear that super-suck band. They are absolutely nothing withour Corgan. What are they going to make Daydream part 2 with James singing at the end instead of Billy.

Corgan is the band! Without him, Iha and Darcy aren't worth a shit.
You are a pathetic piece of crap and for the first time I feel like punching you in the face. Now I know what the rest of the board feels like!

Old 07-19-2005, 09:53 PM   #57
COG
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by *************

um, first of all...you can't put together a correct sentence.

secondly, you just said above that he has NO talents. now he just is a lazy person with "not too much talent."

moron. go see the wizard of oz and get a new...um, what're they called again?...brains?
I'm not getting in this, but if you wanna be the grammer police, then you should know that his sentance was correct, however.
"Go see the wizard of Oz and get a new brains." Is not. sorry

Old 07-19-2005, 09:58 PM   #58
SpFission
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by COG

I'm not getting in this, but if you wanna be the grammer police, then you should know that his sentance was correct, however.
"Go see the wizard of Oz and get a new brains." Is not. sorry
I think both of you failed grammar class.

Old 07-19-2005, 10:15 PM   #59
ZackZ
Mister Class and Quality

This is like noob fight at the OK corral. YEEHAW!

Old 07-19-2005, 10:17 PM   #60
Luke de Spa

Quote:
Originally posted by ZackZ
This is like noob fight at the OK corral. YEEHAW!
What the hell is going on in your avatar?