Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2017, 11:50 AM   #361
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Did anything else happen apart from this?
>>>

"Matt Cameron did seven songs, as mentioned, but appeared on only one for the finished record, "For Martha"."

---

"Matt Cameron was used on a number of different tracks but appears on only one on the finished record, ‘For Martha’. According to James Iha, another song Cameron initially played on, ‘Pug’, started life as “a minor key blues death march” before Corgan programmed a drum machine and employed a number of synths."

---

"Also on Adore, you worked with Matt Cameron a little bit, what are your memories of working with Matt?

BC: Excellent drummer. We got along fine, beyond that I don’t know. He’s not an easy person to get to know, as a lot of people are, which is a quality that I’ve grown to appreciate in people as I’ve gotten older. At the time, I was probably a little bit more like an excited puppy, because I was a fan, and I was excited that he was playing on the record. I do remember particularly, we tracked “For Martha” live, the whole band. James, D’arcy, and Matt were in the other room, and I was in a sort of isolated room playing the piano live. I do have very good memories of that, because it’s like a 7 minute song, a really difficult song to get the right emotion to, and it took a lot of focus on his part to get such a great take.

i seem to remember billy telling in one of his 'confessions' how he sort of abused one of the drummers during the adore sessions, wanting them to play like Jimmy, even though they're obviously not Jimmy, and making the situation so hard for them that they had to leave.

it might not have been Matt Cameron, i'll have to do some digging later to find it. you know what i'm talking about?

Old 05-20-2017, 12:30 PM   #362
jakobtheliar
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i seem to remember billy telling in one of his 'confessions' how he sort of abused one of the drummers during the adore sessions, wanting them to play like Jimmy, even though they're obviously not Jimmy, and making the situation so hard for them that they had to leave.

it might not have been Matt Cameron, i'll have to do some digging later to find it. you know what i'm talking about?
Matt Walker.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:52 PM   #363
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobtheliar View Post
Matt Walker.
>>>

Matt Walker:

"...about half way through the Adore session all the darkness seemed to catch up to us. Billy and I were at odds and it just seemed to make sense for me to turn my focus to Cupcakes who were already signed to Dreamworks. I was just waiting for my schedule to free up so we could record our debut. I fell out of touch for a short time with Billy, but I remember running into him in NYC not too long after the split, and he was excitedly telling me that Kenny was coming into the fold. Kenny is an iconic drummer, and although some fans questioned the choice stylistically, it was a perfect example of Billy not being afraid to change things up, take some chances, and see what might come of it."

https://spfreaks.wordpress.com/2014/...n-of1000faces/

Old 05-20-2017, 02:23 PM   #364
Jelly Blossom
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post

As jakobtheliar noted above, it was Walker not Cameron. I just want to back you up on this cuz I read the same interview/article that you're referring to. I think it might have come from the Adore boxset.

Old 05-20-2017, 03:33 PM   #365
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
CHRIS CORNELL's collaboration with TIMBALAND was much better than BILLY CORGAN's attempts to reach a younger audience.
For all the respect I have for Cornell, I really, really, REALLY did not like that album.

Old 05-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #366
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

You guys are fucking stupid. Like, genuinely fucking stupid.

It was Matt Cameron.

Both Cameron and Walker played on Adore tracks but the drummer in question was Cameron.

Old 05-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #367
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

Sorry to burst your 5-seconds-of-googling bubble

Old 05-20-2017, 07:27 PM   #368
Jelly Blossom
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabshack View Post

It was Matt Cameron.

Both Cameron and Walker played on Adore tracks but the drummer in question was Cameron.
Lolz

Old 05-21-2017, 11:56 PM   #369
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabshack View Post

It was Matt Cameron.

Aggressive

Old 05-22-2017, 02:39 AM   #370
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

It was Matt Cameron.
It was Matt Cameron.
It was Matt Cameron.
It was Matt Cameron.
It was Matt Cameron.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:08 PM   #371
sjpaterra
Ownz

Billy corgan and Chris Cornell both suck. The only reason why Chris is cooler is because he's dead

Old 05-22-2017, 03:48 PM   #372
myosis
Minion of Satan

and he could sing

Old 05-22-2017, 04:10 PM   #373
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

and because belly isn't cool whatsoever

Old 05-22-2017, 04:10 PM   #374
glass85
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
and he could sing

If he could sing, now he can't.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:40 PM   #375
sjpaterra
Ownz

He was able to sing

Old 05-22-2017, 11:50 PM   #376
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Damn, listening to the first track and this is pretty great. It has that millennial "the future of rock is electronica" vibe when they were mixing bleep bloops and filters from dance producers.

There was obviously some gold in this period before it was killed off by throw-back acts like The Strokes and White Stripes. Or maybe it was killed off by its own hubris because people wanted to get back to the essence of Rock n' Roll. Controversy!

Old 05-23-2017, 02:35 AM   #377
Jelly Blossom
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass85 View Post
If he could sing, now he can't.
At least Cornell could sing. Bellie never could and still can't.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #378
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Still no comment by the Billster on Cornell's passing? Bizarre. Oh a bit late but Cornell was clearly busting Corgan's balls about the $40k, in no way was he claiming Corgan owed him money, just putting over a home truth relating to Billy's cash-grab remark. Pretty obvious really. I think Billy was more pissed at Chris because he thought they were good, whereas him and Kim Thayil have always had problems.

Whatever, Corgan was a big admirer of Soundgarden and okay, he feels Cornell stepped on his toes but when the guy is dead that's probably the time to find a bit of perspective, show some maturity and say a few nice things about him. Disappointing.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:31 PM   #379
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenewRevive View Post
Still no comment by the Billster on Cornell's passing? Bizarre.
Nope.

Jimmy was the only one >>>

Old 06-11-2017, 10:23 PM   #380
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
It has that millennial "the future of rock is electronica" vibe when they were mixing bleep bloops and filters from dance producers.
Adore?

Old 06-11-2017, 11:02 PM   #381
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Still no comment by the Billster on Cornell's passing? Bizarre. Oh a bit late but Cornell was clearly busting Corgan's balls about the $40k, in no way was he claiming Corgan owed him money, just putting over a home truth relating to Billy's cash-grab remark. Pretty obvious really. I think Billy was more pissed at Chris because he thought they were good, whereas him and Kim Thayil have always had problems.

Whatever, Corgan was a big admirer of Soundgarden and okay, he feels Cornell stepped on his toes but when the guy is dead that's probably the time to find a bit of perspective, show some maturity and say a few nice things about him. Disappointing.

It's a little odd because he certainly said nice things about Cobain and Staley. What's he supposed to do though? A tweet or something? I'd guess he'll get asked at his next interview and say something then. I think that's how it went with the other guys.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:02 AM   #382
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
It's a little odd because he certainly said nice things about Cobain and Staley. What's he supposed to do though? A tweet or something? I'd guess he'll get asked at his next interview and say something then. I think that's how it went with the other guys.
Yeah, probably. Billy can never shut up about Cobain though, inserts references to him whenever possible, almost like he really wants to be associated as his peer or something. I get the impression Billy didn't know Staley or AIC very well, so probably didn't have enough contact to develop a beef with them.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:06 AM   #383
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
I get the impression Billy didn't know Staley or AIC very well, so probably didn't have enough contact to develop a beef with them.
a missed opportunity. SO SAD.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:09 AM   #384
Cool As Ice Cream

Oh wait that's what Trump is doing.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:32 AM   #385
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
a missed opportunity. SO SAD.
Haha, true, can't imagine Billy not finding something to get bent out of shape about if he'd known them.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:48 PM   #386
inkless
Ownz

Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-6P...ature=youtu.be

aw enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.

The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

Last edited by inkless : 07-20-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Old 07-20-2017, 03:52 PM   #387
glass85
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkless View Post
Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-6P...ature=youtu.be

aw enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.

The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.
Another drug addict loser has gone away...

Old 07-20-2017, 04:05 PM   #388
BurtSampson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass85 View Post
Another drug addict loser has gone away...
and yet fatass billy is still alive for some reason

Old 07-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #389
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

http://i.imgur.com/rD5o2Oy.gif

Old 07-20-2017, 09:46 PM   #390
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

that's really beautiful, to be honest