Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #61
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 30,945
Default

eulogy, I'm not saying Blue Moon or Shocktop are top quality beers, but you sound like trots. they're both pretty good

 
redbreegull is offline
Old 05-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #62
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
Blue moon is basically coors wheat brand
not basically

it is

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 05-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #63
Toby
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Location: the mtns
Posts: 43,037
Default

I love Torpedo

 
Toby is offline
Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 PM   #64
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Pretzel Logic's Avatar
 
Location: someone more...punk rock?
Posts: 3,562
Default

Where do you come up with this? The bar isn't upscale because it carries Blue Moon. I've been to hole in the walls that have Blue Moon. For the sake of your argument you read "If a bar serves Blue Moon, then it is upscale." No one said that. Learn to read.

 
Pretzel Logic is offline
Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 PM   #65
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
eulogy, I'm not saying Blue Moon or Shocktop are top quality beers, but you sound like trots. they're both pretty good
i refer you to my previous analogy

they are olive garden

bud light is fazoli's

if you don't agree, you need to drink better beer.

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 05-24-2012, 11:59 PM   #66
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel Logic View Post
Where do you come up with this? The bar isn't upscale because it carries Blue Moon. I've been to hole in the walls that have Blue Moon. For the sake of your argument you read "If a bar serves Blue Moon, then it is upscale." No one said that. Learn to read.
no upscale bar should/does serve blue moon on draft

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #67
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

for the record, i would still eat fazoli's if the occasion called for it.

but i wouldn't hold olive garden up as anything even close to high quality.

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #68
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I love Torpedo
it's pretty excellent and pretty widely available

so it gets a big thumbs up from me

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #69
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Pretzel Logic's Avatar
 
Location: someone more...punk rock?
Posts: 3,562
Default

I'd like to see a beer list at what Eulogy considers an upscale bar. And it can't be obscure beers that aren't widely available. An upscale bar needs at least some widely available beers.

 
Pretzel Logic is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #70
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel Logic View Post
An upscale bar needs at least some widely available beers.
lol why?

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #71
hnibos
Braindead
 
hnibos's Avatar
 
Location: I was just reading, right?
Posts: 15,009
Default

Absolutely needs it.

 
hnibos is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #72
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

"i prefer my upscale bars to have a similar draft list to applebee's, thank you very much"

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #73
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 30,945
Default

ITT: eulogy becomes a bourgeois prick who makes fun of people for drinking beer that doesn't cost over 2 dollars a can

 
redbreegull is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #74
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

it's amazing how much he still sounds like the guy in time's square going to olive garden

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #75
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord
 
duovamp's Avatar
 
Location: heavy metal pool party
Posts: 35,396
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
GOOD BEER CAN COME IN CANS, IS ONE OF MY POINTS HERE.

JESUS CHRIST PRETZEL LOGIC IS AN IDIOT
Clack clack clack clack clack.

 
duovamp is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #76
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
ITT: eulogy becomes a bourgeois prick who makes fun of people for drinking beer that doesn't cost over 2 dollars a can
i already said i eat fazoli's if the occasion calls for it

but i won't talk about its quality

i drink my share of high life and pbr and bud light and shit because it's cheap and prevalent. i won't try to convince people it's good though.

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #77
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Pretzel Logic's Avatar
 
Location: someone more...punk rock?
Posts: 3,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
lol why?
I've been to bars before where I did not recognize any beers on the list. Doesn't mean they were upscale places.

The fact that you think an upscale bar can't have widely available beers is ludicrous. Places are upscale because of the atmosphere, decor, clientele, prices etc. Not their snobby beer list.

 
Pretzel Logic is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:08 AM   #78
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Pretzel Logic's Avatar
 
Location: someone more...punk rock?
Posts: 3,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
it's amazing how much he still sounds like the guy in time's square going to olive garden
Again, you only bring up what is convenient to berate me. I made clear in that thread I was with my parents on all those occasions and I had no say on where we would go. You are like talking to a fucking wall.

 
Pretzel Logic is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #79
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

also let's remember that the reason i initially posted in this thread was pretzel logic's idiotic assertion that good beers don't come in cans

lol

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #80
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 30,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
i already said i eat fazoli's if the occasion calls for it

but i won't talk about its quality

i drink my share of high life and pbr and bud light and shit because it's cheap and prevalent. i won't try to convince people it's good though.
first of all if you are living in the MD area there is no excuse for not drinking Natty Boh as your go to bottom level beer

second of all get over yourself, you sound like an idiot. I don't mind mid-level beers but I wouldn't go around talking about their quality

 
redbreegull is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #81
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel Logic View Post
Again, you only bring up what is convenient to berate me. I made clear in that thread I was with my parents on all those occasions and I had no say on where we would go. You are like talking to a fucking wall.
my point is that you sound like the kind of person who would go to olive garden in time's square

i don't give a shit why you went there five years ago

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:11 AM   #82
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
first of all if you are living in the MD area there is no excuse for not drinking Natty Boh as your go to bottom level beer

second of all get over yourself, you sound like an idiot. I don't mind mid-level beers but I wouldn't go around talking about their quality
should i be espousing the merits of miller high life?

no.

you're the idiot here. everyone drinks crappy beer sometimes. and that's fine. but getting into a debate about the quality of blue moon v. shocktop is kind of dumb.

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:11 AM   #83
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Pretzel Logic's Avatar
 
Location: someone more...punk rock?
Posts: 3,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
my point is that you sound like the kind of person who would go to olive garden in time's square
Well I'm not, but you won't take that into consideration.

You are WAYYY to pretentious.

 
Pretzel Logic is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:11 AM   #84
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel Logic View Post
I've been to bars before where I did not recognize any beers on the list. Doesn't mean they were upscale places.

The fact that you think an upscale bar can't have widely available beers is ludicrous. Places are upscale because of the atmosphere, decor, clientele, prices etc. Not their snobby beer list.
you don't go to good bars.

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:12 AM   #85
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Pretzel Logic's Avatar
 
Location: someone more...punk rock?
Posts: 3,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
but getting into a debate about the quality of blue moon v. shocktop is kind of dumb.
It's just opinions. I swear to God you INSIST that your opinions are facts.

 
Pretzel Logic is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #86
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

also your definition of "widely available" is probably a lot different than mine

sierra nevada is widely available and excellent. blue moon is widely available and mediocre.

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:14 AM   #87
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel Logic View Post
It's just opinions. I swear to God you INSIST that your opinions are facts.
a lot of people think olive garden is excellent

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #88
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 30,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
should i be espousing the merits of miller high life?

no.

you're the idiot here. everyone drinks crappy beer sometimes. and that's fine. but getting into a debate about the quality of blue moon v. shocktop is kind of dumb.
miller high life = bottom rung beer

shocktop and blue moon = middle level beers

Sorry that you don't think it's appropriate to discuss the quality of beer unless it has a fucking pedigree or something, but you sound like a moron. Who the fuck has the money to go out and drink expensive ass beers enough that he feels entitled to shit on blue moon?

 
redbreegull is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #89
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

jesus fucking christ i didn't think pointing out that blue moon and shocktop are kind of crappy/mediocre beers would be controversial

you can get MUCH better beers for like $1 more per 6-pack.

learn something, my god.

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 05-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #90
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
miller high life = bottom rung beer

shocktop and blue moon = middle level beers

Sorry that you don't think it's appropriate to discuss the quality of beer unless it has a fucking pedigree or something, but you sound like a moron. Who the fuck has the money to go out and drink expensive ass beers enough that he feels entitled to shit on blue moon?
blue moon is barely cheaper than the beers i'm talking about, if at all.

 
Eulogy is offline
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kick-Ass was a far better movie than I expected Nimrod's Son General Chat Archive 45 06-14-2012 06:02 AM
Why are o-boarders so damn ugly? rub_the_y Pumpkins Archive 343 02-12-2011 05:10 PM
COUNTERCULTURE MAINSTREAM Jesus Cambodia Pumpkins Archive 5 01-17-2009 09:24 AM
Spinoff: US Places ravenguy2000 General Chat Archive 11 01-11-2009 10:56 AM
Pic Post: You RIGHT NOW!!!! [NSFW] House of Bread General Chat Archive 19964 08-25-2008 11:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 AM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2019