Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2020, 09:07 AM   #31
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Well luckily he's not here to say that, is he, leave me alone will you? as Freddie Mercury once proudly sang, "fuck off and die"

Old 04-09-2020, 09:08 AM   #32
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

When I was really little, kindergarten-age or so, I used to have these dreams where the situation seemed normal and happy at first. And then inevitably there'd suddenly be this menacing vibe, like once I was in this big play area with other kids, and this one kid suddenly looked scared and kept silently shaking his head no, no, no. The dreams would always end with me looking down at my stomach and feeling this tugging around my belly button from behind, as though I had a rope going through my body and out my back. And I would slowly be dragged backward toward this thing I could never see, but at the same time knew was some kind of hooded figure with kind of a large aura of shadow around it. I'd wake up terrified before it actually grabbed me, but it all felt so inevitable, as though I'd known all along that I only had so much time before the figure would appear.

This maybe doesn't count, but for a long time I would have dreams where I was back in my home town, and nothing really connected them except for how the town looked: it was all wrong, but it was consistently all wrong from dream to dream, like the high school was always the same building that just didn't happen to look anything like my real school.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:00 AM   #33
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

1. i find out my grandmother is still alive, and that she's been dying for years, and i haven't visited her this entire time (she died in 2011)

2. similar, i find myself in some way with my friend Scott who died a few years ago and I'm like "I knew you didn't really die!"

3. i go back to Louisiana to be with my ex, and once I'm there I realize I've left without telling anyone, and either try to arrange to come back or decide to keep living there but not with my ex. I often have the though that I've dreamed this before but it's really happening now.

4. I had left my cats in LA alone and my ex left them alone and they starved, so I thought (not for real, in the dream world). I go back to our trailer for some reason or another and my cats are still alive! Apparently we left enough food out for them to eat this entire time (since 2004...).

5. I have to pee but can't find a bathroom/there's huge lines/all of the stalls are dirty

6. I realize I've been missing college classes and am now failing

7. my therapist decides she doesn't want to treat me anymore, for no reason, and i'm upset and confused

8. drug related dreams, i've gotten drugs somehow (buy/stealing/finding) and either can't take them for some reason (want to find a needle or something to smoke with) or I do take them but don't feel anything

I also have some recurring nightmares around sexual abuse but I don't really want to detail them. Suffice to say, they are fucked up.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:02 AM   #34
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
freud would have said this means that I want to have sex with my grandparents
Not just Freud, friend. Not just Freud.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:03 AM   #35
FoolofaTook

i have tons of weed dreams. about buying or hiding or preparing for a session. and i never get to smoke or get high. something always happens to ruin it.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:05 AM   #36
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
i have tons of weed dreams. about buying or hiding or preparing for a session. and i never get to smoke or get high. something always happens to ruin it.
Luckily in the real world you are high every day

Old 04-09-2020, 10:08 AM   #37
FoolofaTook

Shit I wish. Two and a half years now since I was blazing proper.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:13 AM   #38
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
1. i find out my grandmother is still alive, and that she's been dying for years, and i haven't visited her this entire time (she died in 2011)
exactly my experience!

Old 04-09-2020, 10:23 AM   #39
FoolofaTook

Luke Parker took Hannah B on his hometown date during last night’s episode of The Bachelorette. Here, he opened up about his religion and his church, bringing her along to a meeting where he could talk openly about his past experiences.

Throughout the episode, Luke talked about his church, but never really narrowed down what religion he was.

As it turns out, he calls himself a good Christian boy in his ABC Bachelorette bio. During the episode last night, he revealed that his high school years had introduced him to a world of partying and that’s what his world was all about. He also revealed that his college years were all about chasing sex.

Until one day when he was taking a shower. That’s when he claims he had a connection with God, who sent him on a brighter path. He also claims he saw a piece of heaven that day.

Since then, he has changed his ways. This isn’t the first time that viewers have heard about his sexual escapades from college and how he used to chase girls around. But it is the first time that he’s opening up about his dedication to the church.

His Bachelorette bio also reveals that Luke has now decided that when he dates, it’s for marriage. He’s excited about what the future brings, but as viewers know, his comments about Hannah’s sex life on next week’s episode may just send him home. He claims that if she has had sex while filming the show, he doesn’t want to continue the journey.

Even though he has changed his ways since college, it seems a bit hypocritical from a man who admits he chased sex throughout college.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:24 AM   #40
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post

2. similar, i find myself in some way with my friend Scott who died a few years ago and I'm like "I knew you didn't really die!"

3. i go back to Louisiana to be with my ex, and once I'm there I realize I've left without telling anyone, and either try to arrange to come back or decide to keep living there but not with my ex. I often have the though that I've dreamed this before but it's really happening now.

4. I had left my cats in LA alone and my ex left them alone and they starved, so I thought (not for real, in the dream world). I go back to our trailer for some reason or another and my cats are still alive! Apparently we left enough food out for them to eat this entire time (since 2004...).

5. I have to pee but can't find a bathroom/there's huge lines/all of the stalls are dirty

6. I realize I've been missing college classes and am now failing

7. my therapist decides she doesn't want to treat me anymore, for no reason, and i'm upset and confused

8. drug related dreams, i've gotten drugs somehow (buy/stealing/finding) and either can't take them for some reason (want to find a needle or something to smoke with) or I do take them but don't feel anything

I also have some recurring nightmares around sexual abuse but I don't really want to detail them. Suffice to say, they are fucked up.
Thanks for sharing, genuinely mean that. I'm sorry to hear that you have that level of stress in your dreams, though. Especially #4.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:25 AM   #41
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Exclamation

Quote:
This message can't be viewed because FoolofaTook is in your ignore list

Old 04-09-2020, 10:26 AM   #42
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
I'm at my grandma's house a lot in my dreams. she's lived there since before i was born. sometimes the dreams are neutral and i'm wandering around through empty rooms. but sometimes they're scary like when i was on her porch at night and there was a demon trying to come in, but he was kept away by the christmas lights near the ground. and once in the backroom--in another dream- a penis shot out these huge glowing spiders dripping ooze just running all over the pace.

I wanna buy that house and live in it one day
Is the spider pissing penis monster a selling point or does that drive the value down?

Old 04-09-2020, 10:27 AM   #43
cork_soaker
full of longing

hidden rooms in my grandparents' house — doors in the back of closets that open into tunnels descending into cavernous spaces where the ground is littered with the ruins of things

very house of leaves-y

Old 04-09-2020, 10:27 AM   #44
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
I dreamed last night that I got an acting gig in a post modernist film version of Little Red Riding Hood. The director was George Miller. I played a supporting role as a Witch who is part of a coven that hunts wolves and worships a Forest Goddess. The wolf was a half man half wolf demon that preyed on young women and in human form acted as a ruling lord over a rural and forested region in Medieval Germany. The entire film was in German. But the character of the Wolf spoke with a Russian Accent.

The dream went on and on. I remember that we did a press tour before it was to be released. At one point George Miller got angry at a reporter and swore he would not release the movie until 2036. Everyone in the cast was crushed.

Then I woke up.

I have not had a dream that long and detailed that I can remember in years.
Well, thankfully social distancing restrictions will probably be in place until about 2036, so there's plenty of time. If we're alive, I'd totally love to see that film.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:41 AM   #45
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Talking

i had a dream a couple of nights ago that ended with me swimming around a pool like a dolphin then getting out to hear from my mother that Billy Corgan was just joined on stage by Donald Trump to announce the upcoming Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness musical

Then my mom started crying & said she really didn't want Trump to be president, which is when I realized it was a dream

Old 04-09-2020, 10:47 AM   #46
FoolofaTook

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post

Old 04-09-2020, 10:54 AM   #47
myosis
Minion of Satan

i haven't really had recurring dreams in a long time...
the only pattern i noticed in the last year is when I have high anxiety, I might dream about my parents and/or brother living with me. as opposed to me living with my parents... I am clearly in my own apartment.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:55 AM   #48
myosis
Minion of Satan

oh yeah and sometimes i discover that my apartment is much much bigger or different than I thought

Old 04-09-2020, 11:01 AM   #49
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
When I was really little, kindergarten-age or so, I used to have these dreams where the situation seemed normal and happy at first. And then inevitably there'd suddenly be this menacing vibe, like once I was in this big play area with other kids, and this one kid suddenly looked scared and kept silently shaking his head no, no, no. The dreams would always end with me looking down at my stomach and feeling this tugging around my belly button from behind, as though I had a rope going through my body and out my back. And I would slowly be dragged backward toward this thing I could never see, but at the same time knew was some kind of hooded figure with kind of a large aura of shadow around it. I'd wake up terrified before it actually grabbed me, but it all felt so inevitable, as though I'd known all along that I only had so much time before the figure would appear.
yes those recurring dreams were horrible at that age. I had a few, and they were all inside my house regarding artwork that was on the walls and would become menacing to me. one of those was a macramé depicting a grandfather clock, that looked like it had a smiling face... it would actually come alive and grab me, and get this, painfully tickle me (which was the wake-up point).

Old 04-09-2020, 07:35 PM   #50
redbreegull

in the last few years I have had lots of recurring nightmares where I can't move, speak, breathe, or otherwise do something I am physically trying to do. Sometimes these dreams are that I am trying to harm myself by smashing my body into things but the way my body is reacting is like if I were very drunk. It kind of feels like sleep paralysis, but I am also familiar with demon in your room hag in your doorway sleep paralysis hallucinations, and these are a lot more like dreams than open-eye sleep hallucinations. Sometimes it's bad enough that I wake up struggling or even recently, shouting.

Old 04-09-2020, 08:30 PM   #51
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Thanks for sharing, genuinely mean that. I'm sorry to hear that you have that level of stress in your dreams, though. Especially #4.
thanks. i dont know if they are still alive or not but we did not actually leave them to starve, if that wasn't clear. although he did kill one of them. but that's another story. she's never in the dream though, it's always just the two boy cats

oh i have another one where i go on a trip and forget about my cat or get committed or in some other way am on a trip or stay longer out on a trip and forget to feed my cat and am rushing home to see if she is ok

Old 04-09-2020, 08:33 PM   #52
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
exactly my experience!
sorry to hear

in my dream she is sometimes being purposefully kept away from me because they know i will steal her painkillers

Old 04-09-2020, 08:35 PM   #53
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
in the last few years I have had lots of recurring nightmares where I can't move, speak, breathe, or otherwise do something I am physically trying to do. Sometimes these dreams are that I am trying to harm myself by smashing my body into things but the way my body is reacting is like if I were very drunk. It kind of feels like sleep paralysis, but I am also familiar with demon in your room hag in your doorway sleep paralysis hallucinations, and these are a lot more like dreams than open-eye sleep hallucinations. Sometimes it's bad enough that I wake up struggling or even recently, shouting.
sounds shitty, i'm sorry to hear