Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Music News and Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2015, 01:40 AM   #151
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,643
Default

woah what's this thread about now?

elph's unrelenting superficiality? oh of course.

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:57 AM   #152
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds
 
Sonic Johnny's Avatar
 
Location: Centralia
Posts: 16,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
mc ride more like mc "i drive a 2007 minivan with carseats in the back" fuck that shit, got anything more, you know, provocative?
What amazes me is how there's not a single dad anywhere on earth that enjoys post-punk.

 
Sonic Johnny is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:58 AM   #153
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds
 
Sonic Johnny's Avatar
 
Location: Centralia
Posts: 16,416
Default

HEY YEAH WAIT A MINUTE

Elph my dad likes The Fall. Therefore The Fall is dad rock?

 
Sonic Johnny is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:08 AM   #154
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,643
Default

dude there are lots of 40+ year old dudes that love the cure and have kids now holy shit my mind just broke

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:24 AM   #155
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Funbags's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
more like DADgarden & PEARL Dad

 
Funbags is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:15 PM   #156
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,643
Default

dadrock to me is safe, twee and established easy listening bands that dont take many risks. If decembristd take a risk its with a hurdy gurdy so yeah total dadrock

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #157
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 15,268
Default

That's what it is and I thought I expressed that opinion.

Yes there are Dads that like The Fall and The Cure but they will never be Dad Rock

 
Elphenor is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:45 PM   #158
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 15,268
Default

And I just have a hard time thinking of Grunge as something that Rocks when I listen to so much stuff like The Damned

When I want to ROCK give me some fucking Punk not this fake metal shit

 
Elphenor is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:55 PM   #159
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan
 
The exploding boy's Avatar
 
Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."
Posts: 7,843
Default

My favorite phase of The Damned is when they went kinda naff with the goth thing.



At least it was tongue in cheek. To be fair this song is more victorian....70's rock to me or something... But like Shadow of love.

 
The exploding boy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:09 PM   #160
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds
 
Sonic Johnny's Avatar
 
Location: Centralia
Posts: 16,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
And I just have a hard time thinking of Grunge as something that Rocks when I listen to so much stuff like The Damned

When I want to ROCK give me some fucking Punk not this fake metal shit
I would take you seriously if you showed any kind of proclivity for some quality hardcore, but you sorta dont.

 
Sonic Johnny is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:57 AM   #161
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 15,268
Default

I like a really large amount of hardcore

 
Elphenor is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:01 AM   #162
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 15,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bye june View Post
Yeah I meant Soundgarden

Pearl Jam on the other hand have been making the same boring album for years. It's disappointing.
Why is it okay to shit on Pearl Jam but not Soundgarden.

I happen to like PJ more than Soundgarden honestly

 
Elphenor is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:03 AM   #163
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 15,268
Default

Can we break out the pitchforks on this guy because he dare express his honest opinion that a band has been boring?

Seriously, these guys aren't mad because I called a band boring and music is subjective, they're mad because I called the WRONG band boring

 
Elphenor is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:08 PM   #164
bye june
Ownz
 
bye june's Avatar
 
Location: Sadlands, KY
Posts: 931
Default

I can say it because I've listened to everything by both bands.

It seems you've only heard a few singles.

I don't typically talk shit about bands I've only heard a few times, like The Fall. I listened to one album and didn't like it...but I'm not going to write them off as unimportant or unchallenging or talk shit.

 
bye june is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:18 PM   #165
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,643
Default

I think we dont manhunt bye june much because he doesnt fill threads with his dumb opinion

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:21 PM   #166
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 39,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
I would take you seriously if you showed any kind of proclivity for some quality hardcore, but you sorta dont.
i wish i had everything at my fingertips when i was a child

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:37 PM   #167
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan
 
Mals Marola's Avatar
 
Location: When the topic turns to the bassist, Corgan becomes uneasy.
Posts: 6,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
Can we break out the pitchforks on this guy because he dare express his honest opinion that a band has been boring?

Seriously, these guys aren't mad because I called a band boring and music is subjective, they're mad because I called the WRONG band boring
nobody's "mad" it's just kind of irritating. bj made a pretty succinct post that i don't think anyone aside from hardcore pj fans would argue with (of which there are prob none here?)

you just kind of throw shit everywhere whether it makes sense or not, and often reveal you have no clue what you're talking about despite talking with the authority of a high school principal

 
Mals Marola is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:40 PM   #168
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan
 
The exploding boy's Avatar
 
Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."
Posts: 7,843
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
I think we dont manhunt bye june much because he doesnt fill threads with his dumb opinion
But lets not forget guitargate please. Think of the guitars. Never forget.

 
The exploding boy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #169
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan
 
Mals Marola's Avatar
 
Location: When the topic turns to the bassist, Corgan becomes uneasy.
Posts: 6,081
Default

i like to think juney-baby learnt from his mistakes re:that whole escapade
i remember the song involved being pretty enjoyable too for what it's worth

 
Mals Marola is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:51 PM   #170
toase
Apocalyptic Poster
 
toase's Avatar
 
Location: AA meetings
Posts: 3,501
Default

manhunt, bj

 
toase is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:02 PM   #171
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 15,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bye june View Post

It seems you've only heard a few singles.
No I've heard all their albums.I think. I liked grunge and metal when I was like 15.

 
Elphenor is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:18 PM   #172
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 15,268
Default

4th of July is a good song. I remember liking that song a lot.

Have you seen them live?

 
Elphenor is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:35 PM   #173
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,643
Default

what hardcore u like bruh

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:30 PM   #174
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds
 
Sonic Johnny's Avatar
 
Location: Centralia
Posts: 16,416
Default

u into bridge 9 or deathwish mang. Varisty jerseys or entombed cutoffs? skramz or powerviolence?

 
Sonic Johnny is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:58 AM   #175
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 15,268
Default

When I say hardcore I'm talking about 80's American Punk

But not Black Flag, fuck Black Flag

I bet SJ likes Black Flag

Last edited by Elphenor : 02-06-2015 at 03:03 AM.

 
Elphenor is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:01 AM   #176
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 15,268
Default

Is "At the Drive In" hardcore

Or is that post-hardcore

 
Elphenor is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:06 AM   #177
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 15,268
Default

DK, Germs, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, etc.

You know, the usuals

 
Elphenor is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:09 AM   #178
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds
 
Sonic Johnny's Avatar
 
Location: Centralia
Posts: 16,416
Default



*sigh*

y'know, Bad Brains, Agnostic Front, Discharge, Cro-Mags, Gorilla Biscuits, Negative Approach, Madball, Bane, Propaghandi, Punch, Code Orange

y'know... hardcore?

 
Sonic Johnny is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:11 AM   #179
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds
 
Sonic Johnny's Avatar
 
Location: Centralia
Posts: 16,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
But not Black Flag, fuck Black Flag
you are an idiot. Rise Above is the distillation of everything you like into its rawest, most honest no-bullshit no-posturing form. If you like jibbery joy division clones and you don't like black flag but you claim to just wanna rock, you are a fucking idiot.

 
Sonic Johnny is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:12 AM   #180
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds
 
Sonic Johnny's Avatar
 
Location: Centralia
Posts: 16,416
Default

ATDI is definitely post-hardcore but post-hardcore can be pretty great too. You should listen to Drive Like Jehu, Elph. If that band doesn't do it for you you are beyond redemption.

 
Sonic Johnny is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can somebody explain okcupid to me Order 66 General Chat Message Board 410 06-17-2014 02:13 AM
happy birthday billy corgan reprise85 Pumpkins Archive 49 04-02-2012 10:07 PM
Tracklisting for new Stone Temple Pilots album revealed WeilandFan Music Board Archive 33 03-23-2010 11:26 PM
a good new message board meme that could be implemented here dean_r_koontz General Chat Archive 25 11-13-2009 04:09 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014