Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2014, 09:30 PM   #91
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

what a horrible thread

i also like massive attack mezzanine is one of my favorite albums to listen to front to back

Old 11-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #92
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
imo doggg
if you have that opinion than your opinion is invalid

tbh if you're making a list then your opinion is invalid and is better of not voiced

how about that

Old 11-09-2014, 09:38 PM   #93
Elphenor
Braindead

OK

Old 11-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #94
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

There is pretty much nothing objective about art and i wish most people stopped trying to pretend there is. As such, everyone's opinion about music, or art as a whole, is pretty much invalid. There's only people you agree or disagree with.

I mean i shove my opinions about art into people's faces all the time and i like to think i'm right, of course, but i'm no more right or wrong than the next guy. Even if that next guy would be like, John Peel (well if we're talking about music).

Casablanca is not objectively a good film, the Great Gatsby is not objectively a good book, Led Zeppelin is not objectively a good band. Because i really don't think there's any such thing. There's sometimes a majority of people agreeing that so and so is a great artist. Or that such and such is great art. That's just the opinion of a majority. It doesn't make it objectively good. And doesn't make anyone who disagrees ignorant or invalidates their opinion.

But that's probably just my opinion.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #95
null123
Minion of Satan

Soft Cell

Old 11-09-2014, 11:38 PM   #96
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
There is pretty much nothing objective about art and i wish most people stopped trying to pretend there is. As such, everyone's opinion about music, or art as a whole, is pretty much invalid. There's only people you agree or disagree with.

I mean i shove my opinions about art into people's faces all the time and i like to think i'm right, of course, but i'm no more right or wrong than the next guy. Even if that next guy would be like, John Peel (well if we're talking about music).

Casablanca is not objectively a good film, the Great Gatsby is not objectively a good book, Led Zeppelin is not objectively a good band. Because i really don't think there's any such thing. There's sometimes a majority of people agreeing that so and so is a great artist. Or that such and such is great art. That's just the opinion of a majority. It doesn't make it objectively good. And doesn't make anyone who disagrees ignorant or invalidates their opinion.

But that's probably just my opinion.
There are objective things about art it's just the question of what's "better" or what's the "best" or even what's "good" are completely subjective because those words don't mean anything.

I would objectively say Led Zeppelin is a technically gifted band with a very very talented guitarist and a singer with quite a lot of range and a charismatic personality.
They objectively inspire a large fan base and their music objectively makes a lot of people jump up and down.

I subjectively find them boring as shit.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:45 PM   #97
Elphenor
Braindead

I have no shame in admitting that I absolutely love Soft Cell with every bit of my heart

Old 11-10-2014, 12:02 AM   #98
Trotskilicious
Banned

limp bizkit sucks i'm sure there's some kind of statistical way to prove it. i'm working on it.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:42 AM   #99
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

http://m.smh.com.au/entertainment/mu...10-11ju89.html

Thought this was salient to the discussion...surely any band of oldies that doesn't reunite for money gets a few points. Even if plant was the only one who stopped it from happening...

Old 11-10-2014, 01:48 AM   #100
Elphenor
Braindead

Yeah I read that earlier.

He gets my respect for that for sure

Old 11-10-2014, 02:11 AM   #101
null123
Minion of Satan

Old 11-10-2014, 02:30 AM   #102
Elphenor
Braindead

Yesssssssss

Old 11-10-2014, 02:55 AM   #103
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
limp bizkit sucks i'm sure there's some kind of statistical way to prove it. i'm working on it.
Do you think that you wouldn't hate Limp Bizkit as much if they weren't phenomenally popular? Because then you could just point and laugh at them without being vitriol.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:22 AM   #104
Trotskilicious
Banned

no i'd still hate them if i knew what they were but the odds of that would be low if they weren't so famous

Old 11-10-2014, 03:29 AM   #105
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post

Thought this was salient to the discussion...surely any band of oldies that doesn't reunite for money gets a few points. Even if plant was the only one who stopped it from happening...
they do and the reason is that there's no zep without bonham

granted there was a page & plant tour

Old 11-10-2014, 04:13 AM   #106
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post

I think the main reason they don't reform is because theres no way Plant can hit most of those notes anymore. They did that one off reunion thing and Plant was singing everything several octaves lower. It sounded like shit.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:16 AM   #107
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
no i'd still hate them if i knew what they were but the odds of that would be low if they weren't so famous
Theres tons of other nu-metal bands that are much more shitty and deserving of hate than Limp Bizkit. What about Slipknot? wearing little Halloween masks like a bunch of fools? Or how about Powerman 5000? Or the many Limp knockoffs like Saliva and that click click boom band?

Old 11-10-2014, 04:32 AM   #108
null123
Minion of Satan

Old 11-10-2014, 05:01 AM   #109
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Theres tons of other nu-metal bands that are much more shitty and deserving of hate than Limp Bizkit. What about Slipknot? wearing little Halloween masks like a bunch of fools? Or how about Powerman 5000? Or the many Limp knockoffs like Saliva and that click click boom band?
I'm apparently not as much of a connoisseur of buttrock as you are

out of all of those bands only one of them has a total man child shithead pretending to be a rapper in it

Old 11-10-2014, 05:03 AM   #110
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah, Durst kinda sucks. But it was a tight band.

As embarrassing as Durst was, he still had some decent rhymes

Old 11-10-2014, 05:14 AM   #111
Trotskilicious
Banned

Old 11-10-2014, 05:16 AM   #112
Elphenor
Braindead

connoisseur of buttrock

Gold