Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
severin
no more than sympathy

Default faith no more to play european summer festivals

i have it on good authority that 2 of the biggest festivals in germaney (and with that europe) are currently in a bidding war over a faith no more gig...fantastic news i'd say

Old 02-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
Mo
Immortal

Really? A bidding war? I assume you mean RaR and Southside?
Does their target audience even know who Faith No More are? :P

But yeah, great news indeed.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #3
severin
no more than sympathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
Really? A bidding war? I assume you mean RaR and Southside?
Does their target audience even know who Faith No More are? :P

But yeah, great news indeed.
yeah those two...and with this festival season being a bit short in valid headliners they need the big name...from what i heard there are massive amounts of money involved

Old 02-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
Mo
Immortal

But "massive amounts of money" for Faith No More? I can't imagine them drawing a huge crowd?
And I'm sure RaR's gonna win. At least I hope so - Faith No More live on TV would be neat.

/Also, my first answer should have been "What would they be doing in Wacken?" :|

Last edited by Mo : 02-20-2009 at 10:34 AM.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
redbull
Immortal

they will be at lollapalooza i think

Old 09-02-2014, 11:57 AM   #6
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Default New Faith No More album in 2015 (18 years later)

New album in 2015 (18 years!!!) new single is the following:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-tour-20140902

"...
Are there influences that are coming in from bands that weren't around 17 years ago?
Oh, yeah. Justin Bieber — I don't even know how old Justin Bieber was when we were playing last time — and now, he's a major influence. [Laughs.] We didn't even have the vocoder effect back then. It's amazing how technology is moving forward.

Are there younger, newer movements that are influencing you?
I'm only going to answer for myself. I've really gotten into a lot of things, stuff outside the country: Balkan-influenced stuff, stuff that goes outside Western ways of thinking about music that can be really powerful, but not in ways that are tried-and-true rock & roll ways? For example, there's this Bulgarian guy Ferus Mustafov who does this crazy shit; there's no rock & roll in it at all. But there are just things that he does. Musicians are musicians; there's just certain ways that they attack what they do that you key off of that.
..."

Old 11-05-2014, 05:39 AM   #7
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

1st single comin this mooonttthhh

wahoo!

and damn, 18 years. crazy that it's been so long
I dont need a wige or girl or whatever to feel good. I got my hand and my cock....do feel free to wank yours and after flooding the floor you feel no desire to meet a chick..... try it kids..... make em hard and feel free like u never did before
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel
Hey how are you? If she’s serious and not just playing just tell her to email me so I can touch base with her. My email is on the origin page

Last edited by Mals Marola : 11-05-2014 at 05:46 AM.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:56 AM   #8
fuzzyroes
Banned

Whats the attraction for these guys?

Aren't they just a shitty RHCP knock off?

Old 11-05-2014, 06:11 AM   #9
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

They were influential at the time. I think most would argue that it was RHCP biting Faith No More when they made their late 80s/early 90s stylistic transition. They were also pretty experimental for a hard rock band at the time - stuff like incorporating electronics and rapping and even having pretty/soft songs seems run-of-the-mill now for a band of that genre but they were definitely cutting new ground when they did it. They also absolutely tear balls live. I haven't really enjoyed their music in a number of years but I saw em live in 2009 and it was one of the tightest live shows i've seen.

So yeah, it's mostly nostalgia factor at this point but I think to call them a "shitty RHCP knock off" probably undersells them a little bit. Still not as great as Helmet though.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:16 AM   #10
fuzzyroes
Banned

I hear ya, that makes sense. I think I've only ever heard that "you want it more" song.

Do they have any shit worth checking out that still holds up today?

Old 11-05-2014, 06:25 AM   #11
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

I dunno about holds up today but these are two enduring favourites of mine:

Old 11-05-2014, 06:27 AM   #12
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

oh and they did a total cracker of a cover of War Pigs:

Old 11-05-2014, 06:38 AM   #13
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Whats the attraction for these guys?

Aren't they just a shitty RHCP knock off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I hear ya, that makes sense. I think I've only ever heard that "you want it more" song.

Do they have any shit worth checking out that still holds up today?
jesus it's like you looked in the "pocket book for most common insults & insinuations thrown at a band" for these posts, rofl

to answer both, "no" & "yes"

good choice on stripsearch by the way, johnny. prob the most forward-looking track of theirs at the time yet somehow underappreciated (only on maybe one or two of the thousand Greatest Hits compilations that have come out since AOTY)

in any case to that let me add to that Caffeine & Evidence

the former of which has probably my favorite live performance to have ever been aired (that i've seen) on MTV

then evidence, some kinda leftfield jazzy lounge pop thing, straight out the Weather Channel in the best way possible

I dont need a wige or girl or whatever to feel good. I got my hand and my cock....do feel free to wank yours and after flooding the floor you feel no desire to meet a chick..... try it kids..... make em hard and feel free like u never did before
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel
Hey how are you? If she’s serious and not just playing just tell her to email me so I can touch base with her. My email is on the origin page

Old 11-05-2014, 07:23 AM   #14
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
I dunno about holds up today but these are two enduring favourites of mine:

Stripsearch has a nice groove, but it doesn't really do much for me. Be aggressive's pretty sweet though. I'll have to check out more of these guys.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:29 AM   #15
fuzzyroes
Banned

The lead singer from Incubus really fucking aped this guy eh?

Old 11-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #16
fuzzyroes
Banned

Mars, not bad tracks that you posted. But they're not really doing that much for me though. These guys are definitely a lot more diverse than I had assumed though. I'm gonna download their discography

Old 11-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #17
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

I don't mean to be rude man but does it not occur to you to actually spend a little bit of time listening to these bands before you formulate an opinion about them?

Old 11-05-2014, 07:44 AM   #18
fuzzyroes
Banned

I see your point, but I just figured that these guys weren't worth checking out. Nothing about their major single made me wanna go explore their sound any further. I know it's generally not a good idea to judge a band by a single, but theres so many bands out there, so little time.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:50 AM   #19
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

True that! But hey man, youtube is your friend if you want to do a quick tour of a band's output. Wasn't that long ago I remember having to download a record off soulseek to listen to it before you could work out of you were into a band or not. Jeez how things have changed huh.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:56 AM   #20
fuzzyroes
Banned

haha yeah, fuck, soulseek was shit. Nothing beat those glory days of Napster though.

Youtubes the bomb, but my computers kind of a hunk of shit. It's super old. Downloads and internet browsing are quick, but for some reason ever since Youtube was "upgraded" it's slow as fuck and I have to watch it at a 240p setting for it to be watchable and even then it's pretty choppy. So just doing some random music exploring is even kind of a pain in the ass on it.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #21
fuzzyroes
Banned

I find just downloading discographies on Torrent sites is the easiest way to go, and even then it can be overwhelming because for a newbie of a band it's hard to know where to even start.