Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #1
frenchy

Wink December 2nd 2014 : Radio show taping in Paris, France (information & video)

Hello,

Yesterday, Billy & Jeff did an accoustic 4 songs set in Paris France for a national radio. This was as well filmed for Dailymotion. The broadcast date should be announced soon.

As I was one of 20 invited people in the audience, here's what I can share with you.

Part 1: Interview. (as far as I remember - these are not his exact words)
Q: How would it be to have The Smashing Pumpkins touring with Marilyn Manson.
B: That'd be dangerous.... for everyone... for the bands and the audience.

Q: Would you rather have Miley Cyrus or Courtney Love as your opening band.
B: Miley Cyrus

Q: If you had the choice, after this session to either get drinks with everyone in the audience, plus models... or go home and spend the evening with your cats, which option would you chose ?
B: Home with the cats, everyday of the week.

Q: If Miley Cyrus asked you to cover a Smashing Pumpkins song, what would be your reaction ?
B: It's OK, I don't mind this.

Q: Would you write a song for her ?
B: I've been contacted to write songs for her, but I'm not willing to write songs that will be evaluated among other songwriters to pick the best hits. I would not mind writing a song for her if she asks me direclty, but that's not the way it works.

He then talked about the current Pop scene and how smart people listen to good music. Among intelligent listeners, he mentioned Radiohead fans & Muse fans.

Between questions, Billy chose songs to be heard on the radio, so he chose:
The latest singles of Lenny Kravitz, AC/DC and Royal Blood. Then we chose "Pop Muzik" by M.

At some point, the radio host mentioned that he lost his viriginity while listening to the SP song "Love" on repeat. Billy was surprised and joked about it "If I had known I would have slowed it down". The host asked whether Billy could play it for him. Billy replied that he would do it if the host sings it and text his ex-girlfriend about it.

Part. 2 : Recording of the live set. Since this was not broadcasted live, they had time to play teases and practice a bit.

Billy & Jeff accoustic:
Heart Of The Sun [Pink Floyd] (tease) - BC & Jeff played the intro to practice for about 30 seconds.
One and All
Drum + Fife
Unknow new track
Unknown new track
Love - (sung by the radio host)
Show Ending improvisation - BC & Jeff doing an impro while the radio hosts are ending the show.

At the end of the show, Billy went directly to the small audience and spent some time to talk to everyone, sign autographs and take pictures.
Overall, Billy was in a very good relaxing mood and was really nice with everyone. The new songs sounded great accoustic.

Since I knew the teases would not be released by the radio, I recorded the "Love" tease and Show Ending improvisation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh6I...ature=youtu.be