Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2015, 06:21 AM   #151
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

No. You take a chill pill, get over it, and drive at the limit like me. Stupid cock.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:00 AM   #152
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

People who think the speed limit is the limit of how fast you should go, not the minimum speed for travel. Holy fuck. If you're going 65 in a 65 you're a slow goddam piece of shit and I hate you, you moron.

I get awful road rage.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:01 AM   #153
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
you can?
Omfg
Quote:
Originally Posted by sppunk View Post
When passing or overtaking vehicle yes.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:02 AM   #154
LaBelle
Socialphobic

People yelling at each other to figure out who'll pay for the damage without even asking if everyone is ok after an accident.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:29 AM   #155
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
People who think the speed limit is the limit of how fast you should go, not the minimum speed for travel. Holy fuck. If you're going 65 in a 65 you're a slow goddam piece of shit and I hate you, you moron.

I get awful road rage.
I don't know if this is actually the case or if this is just your own rule, but that isn't how it works here. Here, the speed on the sign is the maximum allowable speed during ideal driving conditions. So you're a moron if you exceed it, and a model citizen if you don't. Common courtesy here dictates travelling within 10 km/hr of the speed limit or at the speed limit during ideal driving conditions. Night time driving or driving during bad weather for example, would mean that you should reduce your speed.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:58 AM   #156
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
No. You take a chill pill, get over it, and drive at the limit like me. Stupid cock.
i don't speed.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:12 AM   #157
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
you should!
last summer I saw the third parked dog car that day, and I was sick and tired of finding the owner/alerting the next business/store to the parking lot.
that dog looked god damn miserable - wasn't even barking anymore, just lying there.
touching the car it was obvious it's been there too long - couldn't even put your hand on it.

long story short I lost it - and (somewhat carefully) smashed the rear window.
4 hours later we settled at the police station that the owner wouldn't press charges against me, I just paid the car window.
learned lesson - call the cops.

I hardly ever get "road rage" - it's just traffic... but parking animals/children rage, yes, I get that a lot.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:53 AM   #158
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
learned lesson - call the cops.
ah, yes, that does seem a bit more sensible. let them do the smashing.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:06 AM   #159
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
also, fuck you, vix. get off the fucking road.
either take over, or get out of that lane. don't stay there for minutes and blame it on the speed limit and the other driver. for fuck's sake. stupid cunt.
Quote:
i don't speed.
well, what would you do in that situation - if overtaking to make way for the car behind you, involved exceeding the speed limit?

Old 07-15-2015, 10:08 AM   #160
vixnix
Socialphobic

That really gives me the rag though pave. And just general mistreatment/neglect. Like getting a dog and leaving it tied up out the back all day while everyone is out at work/school. Why???

Old 07-15-2015, 10:16 AM   #161
ella
Minion of Satan

Also when people crate their dogs too often just because they dont know how to handle them/what to do with them.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:23 AM   #162
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
That really gives me the rag though pave. And just general mistreatment/neglect. Like getting a dog and leaving it tied up out the back all day while everyone is out at work/school. Why???
yea, that is a sad sight. I wasn't aware it was such a common thing - back home I never saw dogs tied up in backyards. alone, sure - but not tied up.

but here I walk to the train in the morning and pass like at least 5 houses with a tied up dog. fuckers fuckers fuckers

speaking of rage inducing:
kids on leaches. I still see them. WHY

http://q1045.s3.amazonaws.com/up-n-a.../kid-leash.jpg

Last edited by pavementtune : 07-15-2015 at 10:28 AM.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:49 AM   #163
coldestrose
Demi-God

I eat lunch with someone at work who will actually take a bite of her food, and while she's chewing make those "om nom nom" sounds. It drives me fucking insane. She chews with her mouth open too sometimes.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #164
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
well, what would you do in that situation - if overtaking to make way for the car behind you, involved exceeding the speed limit?
if you can't do it, don't stay in the left lane. period.

i get fucking sick of people camping in the faster lanes - doesn't even have to be the most left one -, while there's plenty of space in the other ones.
here as well it's not allowed to overtake on the right hand side, so these people block the whole road, because somehow it's beneath them to be in the same lane that trucks also use. PUCK YOU MISS

Old 07-15-2015, 11:04 AM   #165
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

the safest way to drive is to follow the practices of the place your driving. if nobody down under drives over the limit then good for you vix. If it's like it is here and you're the only one doing it then you're simply being sanctimonious. In the UK, for example, there is stricter enforcement of traffic laws, often by cctv. you can be ticketed in some places for speeding without a cop even pulling you over for it. When I drive in the UK I stay closer to the limit.

If you drive on the highway in Michigan and you drive the limit and never over you're going to cause all kinds of shit on the road because you'll hold up traffic. 95% of cars and trucks are driving 5-15 mpg over. Unless you're a blue haired 85 yr old you're going to get some serious road rage directed at you.

If you want to drive on the autobahn in Germany you'll kill someone if you go too slow, especially if you stay in cruise control when passing and block the fast lane. There are actually laws governing driving TOO SLOW in the passing lane.

Old 07-15-2015, 01:52 PM   #166
yo soy el mejor

ITT annoying behavior

Old 07-15-2015, 03:32 PM   #167
Shallowed
Braindead

Old 07-15-2015, 04:03 PM   #168
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Roads are engineered to accommodate speeds well over the "limit". Speeding tickets generally do not have a box to check for anything under "11-15 over", and even then I routinely maintain this speed near cops and they could not care less. If you're doing 65 in a 65, then go fuck yourself when you get out of the car

Old 07-15-2015, 04:06 PM   #169
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post

If you drive on the highway in Michigan and you drive the limit and never over you're going to cause all kinds of shit on the road because you'll hold up traffic. 95% of cars and trucks are driving 5-15 mpg over. Unless you're a blue haired 85 yr old you're going to get some serious road rage directed at you.
Same for Chicago. 55 means 65-70. And if someone wants to go 80 in the left, then let him by

Old 07-15-2015, 04:07 PM   #170
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
PUCK YOU MISS
8==>tation

Old 07-15-2015, 04:10 PM   #171
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
Roads are engineered to accommodate speeds well over the "limit". Speeding tickets generally do not have a box to check for anything under "11-15 over", and even then I routinely maintain this speed near cops and they could not care less. If you're doing 65 in a 65, then go fuck yourself when you get out of the car
i mean i wouldnt say someone going the speed limit should go fuck themselves... just to be aware of everyone else who wants to go faster, and be courteous. nothing wrong with going the speed limit

Old 07-15-2015, 04:12 PM   #172
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Talking

Quote:
So you're a moron if you exceed it, and a model citizen if you don't.
A model citizen? Sorry you have the hand-eye coordination of an octogenarian, but plenty of folks maintain safe control of their vehicles at more efficient speeds

Old 07-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #173
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

I drive to Chicago from Minneapolis about once a month. The vast majority of drivers have the common sense and decency to refrain from clogging a two-lane highway.

http://streets.mn/wp-content/uploads...daLeftLane.jpg

I have zero tolerance for this shit

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...dqx422hjpg.jpg
if you wanna be a model citizen, get over

Last edited by killtrocity : 07-15-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #174
ella
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
yea, that is a sad sight. I wasn't aware it was such a common thing - back home I never saw dogs tied up in backyards. alone, sure - but not tied up.

but here I walk to the train in the morning and pass like at least 5 houses with a tied up dog. fuckers fuckers fuckers

speaking of rage inducing:
kids on leaches. I still see them. WHY

http://q1045.s3.amazonaws.com/up-n-a.../kid-leash.jpg

It almost got to the point where I was going to buy a leash for my son...when he was about 14 months he was going through a very defiant stage, if we would go anywhere he would scream and tantrum if he was put into the stroller and if I got him out and tried to let him walk while holding my hand, he wanted NOTHING to do with it, he would just sit his little butt on my floor and try to pull away...over and over...if I carried him he would squirm and hit trying to get down. Eventually he got over this, we went on lots of walks around the neighborhood practicing holding my hand (he threw lots of fits at first sitting his butt down and refusing to walk) but eventually he realized the only way he was going to get to walk was if he held my hand. I'm just saying I understand how it gets to that point (buying a leash)...I dont understand though how parents are leashing their 2.5 year old and up...??? lol that's just lazy....or maybe not, I shouldnt judge, I don't know their situation.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:21 PM   #175
yo soy el mejor

i must be the only kid in the world who asked their mother to buy a leash for them. i also desperately wanted to go to etiquette school.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:44 PM   #176
ella
Minion of Satan

Most of the ones I've seen are disguised with a cute stuffed animal backpack as the harness. Probably so it appeals to the kids and so it doesn't look quite so off.....

Old 07-15-2015, 05:18 PM   #177
Mooney
Socialphobic

Arrow

Quote:
Common courtesy here dictates travelling within 10 km/hr of the speed limit or at the speed limit during ideal driving conditions.
Clearly, all the tailgaters and people honking their horn behind you while you 'do your usual thing' which is what you initially complained about disagree.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:11 PM   #178
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I have never seen a child with a leash. Why is this necessary

Old 07-15-2015, 07:04 PM   #179
coldestrose
Demi-God

I've seen the stuffed animal backpack thing. I think you can put their snacks and shit in them so they double as a restraint and a storage unit.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:35 PM   #180
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney View Post
Clearly, all the tailgaters and people honking their horn behind you while you 'do your usual thing' which is what you initially complained about disagree.
Yes, but in this situation, because exceeding the speed limit for any reason is not permissible in NSW, they are in the wrong and should take a chill pill.