Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-12-2015, 10:07 PM   #1
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Default menstrual cups

anyone used one before? im trying it out... seems preferable to paper products, at least in theory

Old 06-12-2015, 10:09 PM   #2
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

starla has a menstrual pyramid

Old 06-12-2015, 10:10 PM   #3
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

goddess of the cup

Old 06-12-2015, 10:12 PM   #4
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

it took me like half an hour but i think i have it in right. the idea of being able to pee and not have to worry about blood except twice a day or so its pretty amazing. i know u guys wont understand but the gurls will

Old 06-12-2015, 10:12 PM   #5
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

http://forums.netphoria.org/customav...ar14884_30.gif

Old 06-12-2015, 10:26 PM   #6
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

that's all miya has used since i've been with her, so like, 7 years. She uses the disposable ones (cause there's the type you just keep forever but wash). what are they called again..the brand...i never remember cause she just calls them cunt cups.

anyway they say to not reuse but she usually uses maybe only two per period, rinses them everytime they're emptied. Then throws them out once her period is over.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:43 PM   #7
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

K is a big fan. That's all I got.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:43 PM   #8
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i got the kind you wash. its pretty strange. they say you shouldn't feel it but uh, i havent had anything in that part of my body for a while and it's not very roomy in there so i do feel it a little. that or i have it in wrong. or both. i mean im pretty confident i have it in the right place, just dont know if ive done it correctly so it won't leak.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:23 PM   #9
Bread Regal
Banned

the lip of the cup is supposed to, like, rest again the cervix, correct?

Old 06-13-2015, 12:42 AM   #10
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

No. The little tab at the bottom is supposed to stick out of your vagina and is there to facilitate removal. I've trimmed mine drastically. At first it was very obvious that I had it inside of me but I got used to it and now I can't/won't switch back.

Old 06-13-2015, 12:44 AM   #11
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Cervix is too far up. Reprise what sort of technique did you use to get it in? I fold mine in half and just shove it up there. I'll empty and wash it like 2 times a day and usually in the shower. My period only lasts 2-3 days but with it I don't worry about any leakage or infection. It's amazing.

Old 06-13-2015, 12:46 AM   #12
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Also the silicone gets discolored after a while the same way a spatula or baking pan does. But it's not bad. I don't worry about it.

Anyway.

Old 06-13-2015, 01:49 AM   #13
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I got one back in 2006 and then lost it, got another one in 2008 and ended up losing that a couple of years ago. I use different things every period, I don't know why. Sometimes I just don't like the feeling of having something inside me, so if I'm not doing anything active and I can change them very regularly, i just use pads. I haven't tried cloth pads yet though.

Old 06-13-2015, 01:50 AM   #14
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I had to trim my second one, which was a diva cup. But my moon cup was ok as it was.

Old 06-13-2015, 01:50 AM   #15
hnibos
Braindead

what do you mean by lost it

Old 06-13-2015, 01:59 AM   #16
Bread Regal
Banned

well you don't exactly have it in there year round.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:06 AM   #17
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I have the moon cup in size B. I would like to try this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MNR...=AY1UT6GRQ4RM1 because it's pink. What's the point tho; it'll just get all stained.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:15 AM   #18
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
Cervix is too far up. Reprise what sort of technique did you use to get it in? I fold mine in half and just shove it up there. I'll empty and wash it like 2 times a day and usually in the shower. My period only lasts 2-3 days but with it I don't worry about any leakage or infection. It's amazing.
yeah basically i just made the diameter as small as possible and shoved it up there until just the stem was out and it's firmly up there. seems to have worked, this morning had a little blood in there and none leaked. not a hard test but it did pass. i unfortunately have really long periods that get pretty heavy so it still has some tests to pass.

i got a $5 generic cup on amazon. honestly if it works i dont see a need to get a different one, it's a good size for me (as small as possible) and seems to be adequate.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:17 AM   #19
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
the lip of the cup is supposed to, like, rest again the cervix, correct?
it's just supposed to go past your pubic bone and basically trap anything that comes out of the vagina it. once it goes past the bone there's a larger canal so it just opens itself up and forms a seal

Old 06-13-2015, 07:19 AM   #20
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I got one back in 2006 and then lost it, got another one in 2008 and ended up losing that a couple of years ago. I use different things every period, I don't know why. Sometimes I just don't like the feeling of having something inside me, so if I'm not doing anything active and I can change them very regularly, i just use pads. I haven't tried cloth pads yet though.
im really tired of staining my underwear. my periods have been erratic and heavy and i end up with a lot of leakage. birth control is risky for me since i have high blood pressure and thyroid problems, so i decided to just deal with the periods. if i lose weight it will probably get better.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:57 AM   #21
vixnix
Socialphobic

I just get white cotton underwear and soak them in something like this:

http://www.vanishstains.com.au/Image...300&height=300

Bonnie I've heard that the stains are worse when you rinse with warm/hot water. I used to rinse mine out in the shower, too, and it stained. But I've read that if you rinse with cold water first, then soapy warm water, the staining should be less. This makes sense to me because I've noticed if I soak my underwear straight away in cold water, the stains come out better than if I rinse them out in the shower and then soak them with the stain remover.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:58 AM   #22
vixnix
Socialphobic

I've been getting really horrible migraines with every period, lately, so I'm going to the doctor on wednesday. I can't take it any more and menopause is still probably at least a decade away.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:17 AM   #23
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

just thinking about the act of putting in a cup makes me a little queasy.

and yes, always rinse stains as soon as you can with cold water.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:35 AM   #24
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

I have no idea how you cup using ladies do it.

it seems very impracticable - unless you are at home every time you have to empty and wash this thing.
how would you do that while outside the house - at work for example.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:20 AM   #25
bignothing
Demi-God

My friend carries a tiny water bottle for this purpose, but yeah I agree. Not for me. I hate having something inside me, and I'm afraid of infections and just generally like leaving that area alone. But on birth control my periods are basically nonexistent anyway. Maybe if I still had heavy ones, I'd get one.

Reprise, I didn't know birth control could mess with your thyroid. I'm gonna go read into it, since my thyroid is also a mess.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:30 AM   #26
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Women. Are. Filthy.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:36 AM   #27
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignothing View Post
My friend carries a tiny water bottle for this purpose,
uuu and then she rinses it in a public/office bathroom?

I don't even want to know haha, these cups gross me out.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:48 AM   #28
bignothing
Demi-God

haha yeaaaaah she says she just rinses it on the toilet itself? It's like... I mean, it's fine! But no, thanks.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:42 AM   #29
vixnix
Socialphobic

it's no less hygienic than changing a tampon in public toilet though...

I felt the same way when I started using a cup, but to be honest I found it much cleaner. Often if I was out and about I would just empty it and put it back in without rinsing, knowing that it was only going to be a couple of hours until I was home and could wash it properly. I never had any infections or anything...

Menstrual blood isn't dirty or germy in and of itself. There were only 1 or 2 days during my menstrual period when I would have to empty my cup while I was out and about. The rest of the time, I could go from morning to evening without emptying it.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:00 PM   #30
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignothing View Post
My friend carries a tiny water bottle for this purpose, but yeah I agree. Not for me. I hate having something inside me, and I'm afraid of infections and just generally like leaving that area alone. But on birth control my periods are basically nonexistent anyway. Maybe if I still had heavy ones, I'd get one.

Reprise, I didn't know birth control could mess with your thyroid. I'm gonna go read into it, since my thyroid is also a mess.
ive never used tampons because of the not wanting anything inside me thing but im really getting sick of pads, especially with my crazy periods lately.

i havent had to do anything with it outside of home but if i did yeah, id either try to get in a handicap stall to rinse it with water or just wipe it out and put it back in until i get home

its working well so far. im a lil bit sore from figuring out how to pull it in and out. that shit makes a tight seal now though. since i havent had intercourse in like a decade its really hard to get in and i havent figured out how to do it smoothly