Quote:
Originally posted by Injektilo

selected quotes from her :

"whose the guy beside the chick from a perfect circle?"

"Jimmy is the aisian one"

"I LOVE U BOLLLYYYYYYY" all fucking night

"I just wanna kiss his huge bald head!"

to her boyfriend "would you be jealous if I was making out with billy"

are you serious!! i heard the "i luv u billy" part... lol... yeah, she tried pushing thru, i didnt budge, but the she went around and other ppl let her thru until she was right infront of me
ah well, hope my pics turned out ok

Old 12-20-2002, 03:54 PM   #32
machinaddict
Apocalyptic Poster

Zwan Rawks! 100 bucks in a scalpers pocket, but it was worth every fucking cent.
I stood beside the sound guy for the whole night right at the top of the stairs because having discovered that about half the people in the pit were about 6 feet tall (where did all these tall people come from?) I decided that I wouldn't be seeing anything down there. The sound guy was an ass, he wouldn't give me a copy of the setlist when I asked, and put it in his pocket during jesus, so i wouldn't steal it. I can't recall seeing declaration of faith on the setlist, maybe its called something else now.
Smiley's shirt was classic though!

Old 12-20-2002, 04:04 PM   #33
shaniqua
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by machinaddict
I can't recall seeing declaration of faith on the setlist, maybe its called something else now.
it was listed as DOF
glad you made it in.

Old 12-20-2002, 04:19 PM   #34
Apart
Apocalyptic Poster

how cute you all are. and even more so, how SHY you all are! why do none of you speak to eachother? you waste hours talking back and forth to one another here on the boards, but dont end up talking when you have a chance to meet? sure makes a lot of sense! hah.

and by the way. did it ever occur to you to yell directly into any annoying bitches ear to simply "SHUT THE FUCK UP"? it actually works y'know. grow some balls and try it someday, christ.

canadians

Old 12-20-2002, 04:22 PM   #35
autumnNOCTURNE
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Apart
why do none of you speak to eachother? you waste hours talking back and forth to one another here on the boards, but dont end up talking when you have a chance to meet? sure makes a lot of sense!
I tried. Just couldn't get through.

Quote:
and by the way. did it ever occur to you to yell directly into any annoying bitches ear to simply "SHUT THE FUCK UP"? it actually works y'know. grow some balls and try it someday, christ.
She had a large boyfriend who she would hide behind after she shot her mouth off.

Old 12-20-2002, 04:37 PM   #36
Apart
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by autumnNOCTURNE

She had a large boyfriend who she would hide behind after she shot her mouth off.
yeah, im sure he would go right in with those fists if someone were to tell her to shut it. please
i've told guys twice the size of me to fuck off with the yapping at shows before, and the worst thats happened? they ranted and ranted and ranted back at me, big deal. they're pretty much all talk anyways. half the time though, it really does work. people are usualy not dumb enough to start a physical fight because somebody wants them to shut up. and with this, YOU end up annoying THEM, shutting them up in the process. try it as a experiment sometime for christs sake.

then again, maybe it's just Portland

Old 12-20-2002, 04:40 PM   #37
autumnNOCTURNE
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
and the worst thats happened? they ranted and ranted and ranted back at me
Therein is the key.

I was there to enjoy the show, not to get this guy started yapping as well. The twat was doing enough of that on her own.

I don't see why it bothers you so much.

Old 12-20-2002, 04:46 PM   #38
Apart
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by autumnNOCTURNE

I don't see why it bothers you so much.
aw, poor gurl...you'd love to think that wouldnt you? hehe. looks like you were the one being "bothered" through the entire show. nice try though. but if it helps you compensate for your little annoying experience at the show, then keep trying. and have a fun life withholding everything you think, dumbass.

Old 12-20-2002, 07:13 PM   #39
MachinaMan

great show.

i dont know if i can add anymore to what people said.

i waited outside at the back door after the show. first to come out was matt but no one noticed him or something. no one said anything. i was like wait was that...matt....
he got on the bus and when he came off people clapped for him and he acknowledged them with a slight wave.

pajo, paz, then billy and jimmy came out. billy said thank you a lot and stood on the steps of the bus and finally went in. he may have signed a few autographs. jimmy went on after billy. matt got on last and ran into the bus door on his way in. it was really funny. he seemed a bit out of it.
then i left as it was raining and freezing freeezing cold.

the show of course was insanely awesome. i dont know if it can be topped. club shows are the only way to see a band. i'm convinced. not that i wasn't before. but i thought the sound was great. i could actually hear paz playing the violin, unlike at the hfs show where i couldnt hear it.

alright . gotta run

kevin

Old 12-20-2002, 08:12 PM   #40
darkhavoc
Amish Rake Fighter

Read all the messages here, brought back a lot of memories from the HMV signing and that tiny show at the Guvernment a couple years back. I regrettably wasn't able to make it to Zwan show... I've been extremely busy as of late. However, from these messages and the little bit I saw on Much sounds like Zwan is the real deal and the show was nothing short of amazing. I sound trite, I know, but I’ve been severely out of the loop this past year or so with the craziness of filmmaking. It's nice to see postings from Aaron, Rob, and Shaunna, perhaps others I met those many moons ago, but I seem to remember you guys like it was yesterday. I also saw Christina a lot on Much... aw, I just smiled. Hopefully, I will see you guys again in the near future when Zwan comes back. Please respond guys, I love to hear how you’re all doing.

See and talk to you all soon.

- Johnny

Old 12-20-2002, 08:21 PM   #41
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Thumbs down

I bought a sticker for 2 dollars.

Old 12-20-2002, 08:27 PM   #42
shaniqua
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by darkhavoc
Read all the messages here, brought back a lot of memories from the HMV signing and that tiny show at the Guvernment a couple years back. I regrettably wasn't able to make it to Zwan show... I've been extremely busy as of late. However, from these messages and the little bit I saw on Much sounds like Zwan is the real deal and the show was nothing short of amazing. I sound trite, I know, but I’ve been severely out of the loop this past year or so with the craziness of filmmaking. It's nice to see postings from Aaron, Rob, and Shaunna, perhaps others I met those many moons ago, but I seem to remember you guys like it was yesterday. I also saw Christina a lot on Much... aw, I just smiled. Hopefully, I will see you guys again in the near future when Zwan comes back. Please respond guys, I love to hear how you’re all doing.

See and talk to you all soon.

- Johnny
johnny vong?

Old 12-20-2002, 11:00 PM   #43
darkhavoc
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally posted by pale_princess

johnny vong?
Yup, it's me, Shaunna. How goes everything?

Old 12-20-2002, 11:45 PM   #44
Mayfuck & Samsa
Banned

Quote:

then again, maybe it's just Portland
Or maybe its's just that you're a fag!

Old 12-21-2002, 01:15 AM   #45
Boseph
Ownz

Thumbs up

That was the greatest night of my life.

Zwan rocked, everything was perfect.

Old 12-21-2002, 01:37 AM   #46
seign
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by RobTheGood
i always hate going into the middle of a "pit" because people behind me won't be able to see. I don't know what it's like to experience that, so i try to avoid having it happen to anyone else.
You get tons of respect from me for that comment. I wish other concert goers were as considerate as you.

Last edited by seign : 12-21-2002 at 01:46 AM.

Old 12-21-2002, 01:49 AM   #47
seign
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by only_three
i agree awesome show
my recording turned out quite good
heres a clip
www.stealthaudio.net/fyl.WAV

its 10 seconds long so a quick d/l
sounds fan-fucking-tastic! is the rest of your recording that nice? any errors or anything?

Old 12-22-2002, 03:13 PM   #48
only_three
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally posted by seign

sounds fan-fucking-tastic! is the rest of your recording that nice? any errors or anything?
Thank you.
The rest of the recording is like that the only errors are the ones made by the sound guy (ie poor mixing).

Old 12-23-2002, 12:12 AM   #49
autumnNOCTURNE
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by darkhavoc
Please respond guys, I love to hear how you’re all doing.
Hey hey, Johnny!

I'm well. And living in Toronto, now . . . we should get together at some point.

Too bad you couldn't make it to the show -- had my eye out for you, too.

Old 12-23-2002, 04:58 AM   #50
Molly
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally posted by RopeyLopey
I am just wondering, who's in charge of saying what music they put on before the show - I don't mean cuff the duke - the first and last song - they were so great! - I mean that Elvis singer just before the Zwan entered the stage - why?
do you mean that terrible cover album they had on? the one with come as you are and sweet home alabama and stuff?
cause my friend and i were wondering what the hell that was. it was hilarious.

Old 12-23-2002, 01:59 PM   #51
RobTheGood
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally posted by seign

You get tons of respect from me for that comment. I wish other concert goers were as considerate as you.

Thank you I've been to too many shows, and seen too many people mauled and disappointed by shows because they can't see, or they get the shit kicked out of them in the pit, etc etc.

This is the reason why i don't mosh as well -- i just keep to myself

rob

Old 12-23-2002, 02:05 PM   #52
Have A Headache
Oblivious Virgin

does anyone have mp3's of this show

Old 12-23-2002, 05:53 PM   #53
D113
Amish Rake Fighter

Default Did you get my PM?

Quote:
Originally posted by only_three

Thank you.
The rest of the recording is like that the only errors are the ones made by the sound guy (ie poor mixing).
I sent you a PM, you may want to read it.

D

Old 12-23-2002, 07:05 PM   #54
RobTheGood
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally posted by Molly

do you mean that terrible cover album they had on? the one with come as you are and sweet home alabama and stuff?

The sound guy on the mixer board selects the music that is played over the PA system during the breaks.

Actually, during Ozfest last year (2001) the soundguy kept playing Machina the entire day. He was the soundguy at the small stage (in Toronto at the Docks).

It was pretty fun, but i kind of got sick of Raindrops + Sunshowers after that, because he kept starting the CD over again after each band went on stage.

So the sound guy, who travels with the band, selects the music. Don't blame the Opera House

Old 12-23-2002, 07:21 PM   #55
Myxomatosis
Ownz

Quote:
Originally posted by Molly
That cover album (which was also played before the Columbus show) is called "Gravelands", and it's from The King:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...=Ajxkbikp0bb79

Old 12-23-2002, 08:06 PM   #56
D113
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally posted by RobTheGood

So the sound guy, who travels with the band, selects the music. Don't blame the Opera House
Actually.. that is only a third right my friend.

Sometimes the band chooses the opening music. Such was the case for Rage against the machine.. perhaps due to political agendas...

As for the zwan concert. I think everyone noticed the change from the "cover" album songs.. to the song that came on right before Zwan came on. Most often, that music is chosen by the band, becauses it's a "curtain-call" of sorts. For instance.. in many venues, the program music/noise is piped backstage into the dressing rooms. In this case, that particular song lets Zwan know that it's time to make their way to the stage.

The third option is music being chosen by management. This could ******* other bands on the same label.

As for the docks.. well.. that was probably the sound guy.

D