Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #1
???
Minion of Satan

Default trips & vacations

describe your best and worst. doesn't necessarily have to be abroad either.

also, where are you thinking of going next.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
Azael
Apocalyptic Poster

The US was the best and worst for so many reasons, certainly a defining point in my life.

I've like to go somewhere where it's Summer all year round.

WTH is that purple thing anyway?

Old 11-29-2007, 10:24 AM   #3
???
Minion of Satan

<- Ultros the sassy squid from Final Fantasy 6. he's badass.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:25 AM   #4
???
Minion of Satan

wth is that duck thing anyway??

Old 11-29-2007, 10:26 AM   #5
Azael
Apocalyptic Poster

it's a duck

how does Ultros close his mouth?

Old 11-29-2007, 10:29 AM   #6
???
Minion of Satan

Unhappy

he can't

Old 11-29-2007, 10:35 AM   #7
Sylvia Woods
Apocalyptic Poster

lake george is the answer to both.
i was like 10.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:40 AM   #8
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

best: a day trip to hillsborough river state park outside of tampa.

worst: trip to orlando two years ago during which i crashed my car.

next: a week-long camping trip in the great smoky mountains

Old 11-29-2007, 10:40 AM   #9
???
Minion of Satan

oh yeah, but back on topic:

best: japan, i saw tokyo and kyoto and just did everything awesome that i had time for. met some wonderful people.

worst: venice, italy. as beautiful and inspiring as the city is, the tourists far outnumber the locals and all the travelling by boat made me nauseous. plus i went and got intense sunburn like an ass.

next trip: hopefully take my girlfriend back to japan next year or save up to go to iceland in 1-2 years.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:27 AM   #10
ensoul*
Banned

mein na:chster Urlaub wird besser

Old 11-29-2007, 11:36 AM   #11
KrazeeStacee

I've never been anywhere outside of the US besides Canada and it wasn't very exciting either time. The last time I only spent a couple hours there.

Anyhow, my worst "trip" that comes to mind is this camping trip me, my ex and a bunch of his idiot friends went on. This one guy's uncle owned a bunch of land somewhere right on the border of Wisconsin/Illinois...so we took like, 4 or 5 vehicles up there with a bunch of people - found a good spot to pitch our tents and then we sat around drinking and smoking and being stupid all night. I didn't have much fun and this girlfriend of one of the guys got so wasted she puked in his tent, almost peed on me and then my bf had to carry her passed out to a car so she could rest and she got puke on his sweater. It was horrible, but the worst was the next morning - we all woke up to rain, I rolled over into a big puddle in our tent...we decided to leave since everything was soaked and shitty...we packed up and as the cars started trying to roll out, everyone was getting stuck. I had a Geo Metro and I knew how to drive so it was no problem. Two girls tried to take their little Jetta or whatever around the muddy path, but like the geniuses they were, they ended up getting stuck in a huge mud pile and it took at least 2 hours to get them out. It was a complete disaster - and the best part was the guy who arranged all of this, who's uncle's land it was, once he was packed up he just left. He didn't help us get the rest of everyone's cars out, or pack up, or even give us directions back. He just left. Oh I just wanted to kill all of them by the time we left.

The best was probably Bonnaroo this year, it rocked hard - I got to see lots of my favorite bands (Tool, DJ Shadow, Aesop Rock, Flaming Lips, and more), got to have a lot of fun on drugs, had some really cool neighbors that were tapers. Music fests are always my favorite trips of the year. Wakarusa in Kansas last year could've been the best but with all the fucking crazy cops and shit it was just a really bad vibe the whole time. But Clinton State Park is beautiful and Clinton Lake (one of or the biggest man-made lake in the US) was awesome...we were camped out in a little separate section just a 5 minute walk down to the lake. It's so hot that it's just unbelievable how nice it feels to swim in the cool lake every morning. Plus it was such a small fest that it wasn't too overwhelming and more intimate - except homeland security was watching out with fucking cameras perched in bird houses and night vision goggles. (wtf?)

Our next trip is down to Kentucky to visit Mark's family for Christmas. After that it'll be another music festival - hopefully something new this time. And if we ever have enough money to go out of the country I'm sure we'll end up going to Amsterdam. Mark really wants me to go - I'm pretty sure I'd love it there. But I'd also like to make it to a lot of other countries.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:55 AM   #12
Lucy Sky Diamonds
Braindead

Location: No Canada like French Canada, it's the best Canada in ze land.

Best: Mountain biking in the Aran Islands off the west coast of Ireland.

Worst: Pretty much any time I've had to go to Toronto for any reason.

My next trip is in a little more than 3 weeks from now, I'm going backpacking in Israel, Egypt, Jordan, and Palestine. We're also spending the day in Athens, Greece, but it's only 18 hours, so it hardly counts. I am so excited to see pyramids I cannot sleep.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:14 PM   #13
???
Minion of Satan

my old highschool geography teacher had a bit of an indiana jones thing going and hired some guy to take him and his girlfriend to the top of the pyramids at night. i wonder how risky that must've been, i'm sure those egyptians would've jailed his ass in no time