FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Because all white people look the same.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:30 PM   #32
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Like there was some guy that got busted who'd go in hundreds of houses just to steal womens underwear.
When you and other people discuss these crimes online with such amazement and wonderment, it glorifies the waste of life who committed these crimes against humanity.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:48 PM   #33
fuzzyroes
Braindead

Yeah, I guess I was acting like a douche.

To be fair, it was some very twisted content matter that I wasn't expecting to be reading when I came on here. So it was a little bit off-putting initially.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:52 PM   #34
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Shuzz the zuck up, zuffy.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:54 PM   #35
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Petition to change name of thread to "DIDJA KNOW They caught the East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker/Golden State Killer?!"

Old 04-25-2018, 10:58 PM   #36
reprise85
garbage person

Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.

Quote:
That's probably not even that hard of a thing to do. A lot of people don't even lock their doors, especially not if they're home. I mean it's deranged that he'd wanna do that, but there's a lot of fucked up people out there. Like there was some guy that got busted who'd go in hundreds of houses just to steal womens underwear.
he only did hot burglaries at night. someone was always home

im not sure you appreciate how much he did this. he was hitting up 3-4 residences a week, sometimes more, sometimes multiple in one night, often many on the same street. while there were neighborhood watches and extra police patrols trying to find him. while he called police and taunted them and told them he was going to rape someone on such and such street tonight.

he did this for about 6 years

Last edited by reprise85 : 04-25-2018 at 11:04 PM.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:00 PM   #37
reprise85
garbage person

Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.

Quote:
I don't understand how this guy was able to rape so many people without anyone being able to identify him after?
he meticulously planned his attack so no one ever saw him. people weren't even able to gauge his weight very well. he would use a very bright flashlight and then tie people on their stomachs and tell them if they tried to look at him he would kill them.

there were some sketches from victims and from people who saw him running in neighborhoods. but he wore masks and possibly wigs and in the end was a generic looking white male

Old 04-25-2018, 11:04 PM   #38
fuzzyroes
Braindead

Definitely pretty creepy. But there's all sorts of prolific break and enter criminals out there.

I suppose it's more rare in the states where there's a good chance someone might shoot you, but 100 break ins in a criminals life isn't really all that stunning.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:09 PM   #39
reprise85
garbage person

it was more like 200, plus ya know, 50 rapes and 12 murders, calling victims up years later to scare the shit out of them, leaving poems for police, etc. he wasn't really a burglar, he was a hot prowl sexual burglar and usually didn't take things of value even though he could have easily. he didnt just break and enter and take shit. he broke in when people were home, tied them up, and basically pretended he lived in their house for a few hours. ate their food, looked through their shit. eventually he added rape to this. then murder.

look the guy is one of the worst offenders we know of and he finally got caught and i'm glad

Last edited by reprise85 : 04-25-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:16 PM   #40
fuzzyroes
Braindead

Good grief. I can't believe I've never heard of this guy.

I suppose in those days nobody had security cameras, so it would be harder to find any leads after the fact.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:10 AM   #41
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

besides the prevention of future attacks, which is good, is it really of any comfort that he got caught at all? he's been doing it for like 40 years. getting him now is akin to furiously extinguishing a dying fire that burned down an entire forest. there is hardly any "justice" to be made here.

Old 04-26-2018, 05:02 AM   #42
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Jane Carson-Sandler, who was sexually assaulted, . . . said she received an email on Wednesday from a retired detective who worked on the case telling her they have identified the suspected rapist and he's in custody. "I have just been overjoyed, ecstatic. It's an emotional rollercoaster right now . . . I feel like I'm in the middle of a dream and I'm going to wake up and it's not going to be true. It's just so nice to have closure and to know he's in jail."

Old 04-26-2018, 05:28 AM   #43
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

yea I was just about to say - "justice" is one thing. knowing for decades that the person who knows you and your name and raped you - is out there somewhere, could in theory live 2 miles from you, still - cannot be very relaxing.

Old 04-26-2018, 06:34 AM   #44
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

stop being such a stupid fuck, fuzzy. jesus fucking christ.

Old 04-26-2018, 06:34 AM   #45
Cool As Ice Cream

can fuzzy be muted again for being too fucking stupid? maybe a bit longer than a week now? thx.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:32 AM   #46
reprise85
garbage person

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
besides the prevention of future attacks, which is good, is it really of any comfort that he got caught at all? he's been doing it for like 40 years. getting him now is akin to furiously extinguishing a dying fire that burned down an entire forest. there is hardly any "justice" to be made here.
it can help victims with closure, and he can help psychologists/investigators learn how to catch other perps. and he hasn't been doing it for 40 years that we know of. he stopped in 1986, besides a few phone calls after that.

a lot of it is righteous spite, that he should be exposed for what he did instead of taking it with him when he dies. but i don't see much wrong with that either

Old 04-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #47
reprise85
garbage person

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
yea I was just about to say - "justice" is one thing. knowing for decades that the person who knows you and your name and raped you - is out there somewhere, could in theory live 2 miles from you, still - cannot be very relaxing.
he does in fact live near an area he used to terrorize. not sure how far away without a distance indicator but seems within a few miles. red is his house and white is places he broke in

Old 04-26-2018, 10:24 AM   #48
yo soy el mejor

i read the first night an officer switched to the night shift, this dude went into the cop's house and raped his wife. it makes sense how he knew.

i wanna go watched that old-ass episode of cold case files now. american justice, too. hey, erica, did you watch the reincarnation of cold case files?

Old 04-26-2018, 11:28 AM   #49
MplsTaper
Ownz

Just found out Patton Oswalt's late wife Michelle was an author on the book that was completed posthumously and published in February. He posted a nice video thanking her even though the cops never will.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43908916

Old 04-26-2018, 02:52 PM   #50
reprise85
garbage person

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i read the first night an officer switched to the night shift, this dude went into the cop's house and raped his wife. it makes sense how he knew.

i wanna go watched that old-ass episode of cold case files now. american justice, too. hey, erica, did you watch the reincarnation of cold case files?
no i haven't seen new ones

here's nerdfather's first post where he has a list of all EAR/NOS's attacks as the visalia ransacker. fucker did 11 houses in one night once

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedM...sacker_part_1/

the rest of them focus on after the VS burglaries, into where he started raping https://www.reddit.com/user/nerdfath...d00yj&count=75 you can see them all there. it was actually 12 posts. i saw it first when he was on post 4 or 5 so i got one or so per week, that's why i know a lot about this guy in particular.

Last edited by reprise85 : 04-26-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:02 PM   #51
reprise85
garbage person

look at these composites and his picture from the VS ransack days. damn forensic artists are amazing.

Last edited by reprise85 : 04-26-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:42 PM   #52
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
look at these composites and his picture from the VS ransack days. damn forensic artists are amazing.

first one is a spittin' image

Old 04-26-2018, 06:41 PM   #53
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
besides the prevention of future attacks, which is good, is it really of any comfort that he got caught at all?
it's a classic mystery that has finally been solved (allegedly) more so than "justice being served".

Old 05-12-2018, 07:03 PM   #54
buzzard
Minion of Satan

DeAngelo Sr. divorced his wife and moved to South Korea, where he had another set of children with the exact same names as those he had with his previous wife.

Old 05-12-2018, 09:26 PM   #55
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
it's a classic mystery that has finally been solved (allegedly) more so than "justice being served".
i dunno, even if we're talking about 'narrative', then catching some guy via family DNA does nothing for me. it's the equivalent of winning a pool match by potting a fluke. the guy outsmarted everybody and would have never been discovered if it wasn't for a brute DNA sweep and an unlucky relative. he might as well have been anybody else.

Old 05-12-2018, 09:30 PM   #56
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

don't get me wrong this person is a fucking monster and i'm happy he got caught, especially for the victims's sake, but as a spectator i get no sense of 'closure' or 'achievement' when a guy like that gets caught so randomly

Old 05-12-2018, 09:32 PM   #57
redbreegull
Immortal

it wasn't so random though. the cops went to pretty incredible lengths to track him down. it just took a few decades of technological development

Old 05-12-2018, 09:57 PM   #58
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

this article provides a bit more detail. there was definitely painstaking work involved, but the procedure that led to the guy's catching, is also referred to as "a shot in the dark".

Old 05-12-2018, 10:00 PM   #59
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

if i were to pass this old man on the street i'd only think in passing how cold his gaze is

Old 05-12-2018, 10:18 PM   #60
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

you know what, forget about all that stuff.

i guess it's just engaging in this serial killer glorification thing, where the lines might begin to blur between fiction and reality. and i suppose as far as fiction goes, i would have liked for him to be caught in a more deliberate, cerebral way.

but this guy was an incredibly cruel and relentless piece of shit, and i'm glad he got caught. with a bit of luck, he'll live long to suffer to consequences of his actions.