Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty sp View Post
Yep, just check, your right

Checked

Old 09-20-2016, 07:40 AM   #33
sjpaterra
Ownz

MACHINA sucks. This band fell apart after 1996. Anyone who denies it is a fucking fanboy with no real taste in music

Old 09-20-2016, 09:58 AM   #34
run2pee
Minion of Satan

machina is overlong and confusingly produced, yet it is awesome as has been proven on this very site time and again. anyone who denies it isn't listening. possibly owing to some deep fetish re the year 1996

Old 09-20-2016, 10:59 AM   #35
trevorbrooks
Demi-God

agreed machina has some great stuff. if properly produced, the era would be their best. it had some of the mature/good lyrics like we saw on Adore but the rawk and everything in between that we got on Mellon Collie all while having a definitive sound of its own.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:49 AM   #36
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Listened to said sadly today. such a great song.
yeah the machinas have some essential shit. home and siyl are two of the holiest of holies.

Old 09-20-2016, 03:24 PM   #37
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

To answer the original question, the spoken word section of Glass & The Ghost Children is a recording of an interview with the fictional rock star named Glass, who is the lead singer of the fictional band Glass & The Machines of God. The story of Glass and his band is told in a very rough, outlined, and abstract form in some of the songs on Machina I&II.

As no one - neither Billy nor fan - has been able to extract a convincing plot summary from the album, it's apparent that the Machina Mystery was grafted onto the album later in the process, perhaps even after it was completed. The character of Glass is just an interesting poetic device Billy employs on several songs.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:20 PM   #38
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
To answer the original question, the spoken word section of Glass & The Ghost Children is a recording of an interview with the fictional rock star named Glass, who is the lead singer of the fictional band Glass & The Machines of God. The story of Glass and his band is told in a very rough, outlined, and abstract form in some of the songs on Machina I&II.

As no one - neither Billy nor fan - has been able to extract a convincing plot summary from the album, it's apparent that the Machina Mystery was grafted onto the album later in the process, perhaps even after it was completed. The character of Glass is just an interesting poetic device Billy employs on several songs.
I'm glad it was 'Glass' and not B0lly. That makes more sense

Old 09-20-2016, 08:23 PM   #39
FoolofaTook

What if it was bEllie? What then, huh? Would you still be glad?

Old 09-21-2016, 04:05 PM   #40
sjpaterra
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorbrooks View Post
agreed machina has some great stuff. if properly produced, the era would be their best. it had some of the mature/good lyrics like we saw on Adore but the rawk and everything in between that we got on Mellon Collie all while having a definitive sound of its own.
oh i didn't say MACHINA was built with shitty after-market parts or anything. It's got "good bones" but good god, who the fuck wants to sit through and try to enjoy 70+ minutes of album filled with the crying tree of mercury, the imploding voice, blue skies bring tears, heavy metal machine, and all that stuff... wound, with every light, glass and the ghost children, everlasting gaze, et al are quality SP tunes... no doubt... but let's call a spade a spade: they made a better effort than they did an album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
machina is overlong and confusingly produced, yet it is awesome as has been proven on this very site time and again. anyone who denies it isn't listening. possibly owing to some deep fetish re the year 1996
My fetish is for 1990-1994 - to be honest. I say 1996 because, well, that's when jimmy left. NO band - ever - has recovered from a lineup change. Sorry. it's rock and roll FACT

Old 09-21-2016, 04:32 PM   #41
FoolofaTook

What if Atsuo had replaced him, huh? What then? I bet you TSP would of gotten HELLA better, instantly, released a black metal/drone doom crossover classic and you would be eating turtle turds like the dunderheaded nincompoop you are.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:33 PM   #42
FoolofaTook

o what a shame jimmy left and b0llz recorded To Sheila, arguably a top tierer, up there with Soma and Mayo and Ruby.. o fie! alas! for shame!

MERCIFULL HEAVENSS!!!

Old 09-21-2016, 10:05 PM   #43
sjpaterra
Ownz

yeah, what a sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-shame. Speaking of which... That's a real prize of a song. I'm so glad they had a drum machine to really bring that song to the level it needed to be.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:27 PM   #44
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

april 28, 2000 - welcome back! once again we drag back into the world of the infiltration net kicking and screaming...who was it that said "fuck the internet"? we'll have to hunt him down and make him sit in blair witch project 2 chat rooms...we couldn't live with out you so we had to start yet again...we'll let someone else handle the t-shirts this time and we'll stick to the dumb jokes and, oh yeah, music...we hope that this new site offers more into that opaque concept album...you mean you haven't figured out who june is yet? You don't know the intimate details behind the gish lyrics conspiracy?...oh there is so much to see and be seen, if you know what I used to mean...so sit back and enjoy as this site becomes your re-official source for new rumors, humors, and unlocking the mysteries of MACHINA...we have so far to go...p.s. this site is a compliment to the wonderful fan sites that already exist on the pumpkins...we want you to go them for the ephemeral minutiae and we will stick to the big picture...lots of love from terry, jack, phil and samantha...the claptraps of gommorah!

may 7, 2000 - Sunrise, FL - hello from the sunshine state! last night was a gas...we had it all...rock people ...rich girls unleashed unknowingly on a sleepy public, to declare siren songs of domination...we let her loose because she is us and we are becoming her more and more in a half-life sense of the word...so as I write we prepare in dusty tomes for tonight's show...what is it going to be? maybe tonight is the night to let it all fall apart so it can be put together humpty dumpty style...we are lost in the wilderness of florida, sunstreaked and crying...is there anybody out there we declare in junk 50's poetry, and the slapback drums yes! yes! yes! cause we are way out there and we are coming to your town...or at least a mall near you...the story is being told I have to remind myself cause I forget that we are in it and the ending is not yet written...or is it in an envelope near you? check under your pillow cause you might find a yellowed tooth or maybe a band of gold or maybe just a plain old band...may god bless florida! it brings out the demon in me...ps. the next b-side is liberty and the epiphany machine, coming to a u.k. record shop near you backed with that song why try, try, try, and keep on trying...we ask ourselves that every single day in every single way...xo

may 9, 2000 - Atlanta, GA - if you hear the drummers drumming and hear this sound a coming...hello from atlanta georgia, we just got in and made it out barely alive from our trip to the sunshine state...everything was humming so let me thank everyone for great shows in miami and also last night in orlando...what can I tell you today?? my head hurts and I am dizzy from all the positivity! remember the good old days of pure unfocused angst?? anyway, discussions have begun for our next video which will be "try"...we may shoot it in L.A. in june or even possibly japan...time will tell but if we shoot in los angeles maybe some disgruntled fans can appear in the video as well dressed disgruntled fans...the poetry of this moment begs for something else but unfortunately I am at a rare loss for words (ha ha)...being at Disneyworld the other day made me think of a young pop singers who dream of toppling the dirty rock with white teeth and starry eyes! just so everyone knows, we always win in the end...long may we continue to speak the secret language of the moment, in sound and derision, with love and true heart...it is all too literal and there is so much to say... i disintegrate and reconnect...bye june, I'm going to the moon, I hope you'll be there too! tonight atlanta, tomorrow the world...again!! in love and fishes...

may 10, 2000 - Birmingham, AL - when I asked someone what the tabernacle was like in atlanta, they told me it was a shithole...well they we're wrong because not only was last nights show one of the best of the sacred and profane tour, but I thought that the place was beautiful and inspiring...the band always plays better when people are close up...sweat was dripping off the walls and you just knew you were in the right place...long live rock and roll! the upcoming b-side for the try single is changed, and will probably be "here's to the atom bomb" instead of "liberty in the crosshairs of time"...after our current american tour, we are going to go to japan for about 8 shows, australia for 4 or 5 shows, and then thru canada for the edge fest/summersault in august...we are hoping to then go to europe for a roughly 35-40 show tour, and then back to america for a final time (my guess would be 20 or so shows before christmas)...after that we want to go to mexico and south america and finally possibly south africa...after that we have a great surprise in store (don't bother asking cause I'm not going to tell)...remember that not everyone knows we are out here, and by that I mean band and fans...you have to vote (so to speak) and use your voice to help topple the current wave of pre-packaged smiles and fancy steps...so vote by calling your radio stations, vote by writing the magazines you read, vote even TRL so they know that we are out here...demand your music and voice to be heard...it doesn't even have to be us (the pumpkins) that you vote for but they can't possibly understand unless we all make a real racket...I can tell you that one of the biggest ways radio stations gauge what people like and are listening to is by the request calls that they get...I appreciate what everyone did with project 33 and trying to get a video on trl, but remember that boy band fans are voting everyday in every possible way...it is possible to make change if you believe...if we didn't believe we would have broken up many years ago ...we love you, God bless, xoxo

may 12, 2000 - Dallas, TX - someone hands you a bottle that says vitamin e but really it contains vitamin x, as in used to be...the plot lines have changed so many times in so many ways I'm not sure just what part of the book I am in...chapters are written just as quickly as pages are discarded...has anyone mentioned to you that this all could be a ruse? a put on of the highest order, a conspiracy so thick that the participants are not even aware of their own roles, even though they speak the lines as written, drawing on the guns to fire flowers into your open mouths...we were forced to speak in code before for lack of recognition left us at the doorstep cold and unhappy, so what makes you think now is any different...one has to only take the temperature of the body to bear witness to the fact that the heart still beats alive, and as the monster awakens so to will the old ways of destruction and epiphany cracking...welcome back say the signs but we have never left, so play victim, cry foul, blame whomever whatever anytime, you cannot stop the rock from achieving it's ultimate goal of harmony and true resolution...we are in control...seek elsewhere and you will not find...we hold the key, and it may be you that cannot find the door...but alas the door has been open, so go, dust off your vinyl and peer between cracks well worn, there is a reason that meteorites keep moving until they hit something, only to shatter into a million pieces...I celebrate the earth, in mourning, in passing, in every single breath...I so desperately want all of it to work, for everyone to get what they need, to see what they need to see...blessed are the moments of celebration, where one recognizes the paradigm that things are the way they are for some unseen reason...we are all dying all the time, and life is to short to hold on to dreams that are no longer dreaming, words that have no meaning, feelings no longer feeling...xo

Old 09-21-2016, 10:39 PM   #45
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Damn, you always have a sexy avatar