Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 04:43 AM   #61
Starla

Any thoughts on this?

*warning* it's slightly graphic. You can see what is going on but it's blurry. A Syrian rebel cutting open a soldier and eating one of their organs.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:48 AM   #62
Starla

Some of the comments on that

InvalidUsername315 34 minutes ago

I agree with Glenn Beck? Get ready kids, it's Apocalypse time!

Time to kill myself.

Every day is apocalypse time on the internet!

Old 06-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #63
jczeroman

Old 06-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #64
Starla

With the patriot act, hasn't spying always been a topic of conversation anyway? I don't see what Snowden has come out with that is so compelling. There is something off about him and this sudden information. Now we have the NSA deflecting the criticism by claiming they foiled 50 terrorist plots. I guess they failed with Boston.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #65
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

what's compelling is that he puts his face on it

Old 06-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #66
Starla

I guess.. but we've had people come out before and talk about how we are being spied on. Didn't Julian Assange cover some of this too?

Old 06-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #67
Trotskilicious
Banned

he's also quite a bit of a narcissist as well

i like anonymous leaks; avoids morality questions, legal persecution, self-congratulation, idolization and gives the sense that anyone could be doing it

Old 06-22-2013, 01:01 AM   #68
Order 66
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
With the patriot act, hasn't spying always been a topic of conversation anyway? I don't see what Snowden has come out with that is so compelling. There is something off about him and this sudden information. Now we have the NSA deflecting the criticism by claiming they foiled 50 terrorist plots. I guess they failed with Boston.
snowden brought the intricacies of the program to light. i respect he possibly ruined his life for something he felt strongly about but my definition of a "whistleblower" is somebody who exposes fraud or illegality, which neither came up. i don't see any long term repercussions as in the NSA really changing anything, so predictably this is probably going to be more about snowden than the datamining

Old 06-23-2013, 05:37 AM   #69
Starla

It won't change anything. And we'll continue hearing about all the foiled plots and people's lives who have been saved thanks to nsa. I wonder if they are going to be able to extradite him.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #70
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
snowden brought the intricacies of the program to light. i respect he possibly ruined his life for something he felt strongly about but my definition of a "whistleblower" is somebody who exposes fraud or illegality, which neither came up. i don't see any long term repercussions as in the NSA really changing anything, so predictably this is probably going to be more about snowden than the datamining

He exposed the entire system as fraudulent and illegal, including and especially the (lack of) oversight assigned to the agencies and the unconstitutionality of the allowance of such surveillance by the lobbyist and politicians.

He also gave clarity on what some suspected but many still deny, that the 'war on terror' is a hoax and the metadata mining on the populace is for the purpose of drawing up political hit list. It's not about catching terrorist, other than to expand the definition of the term to entrap and ensnare ever more activist who stand against the tyrannical nature of a government who would do such things.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #71
The Omega Concern
Banned

N.S.A. Leaker Leaves Hong Kong on Flight to Moscow

HONG KONG — The Hong Kong government announced on Sunday afternoon that it had allowed the departure from its territory of Edward J. Snowden, the former National Security Agency contractor who has acknowledged disclosing classified documents about United States government surveillance of Internet and telephone communications around the world.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/24/wo...&ei=5065&_r=2&

Old 06-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #72
hnibos
Braindead

I'd shut up if I were you. The NSA is viewing this thread, you know.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #73
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

did you get lost?

Old 06-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #74
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...29707318_n.jpg

Old 06-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #75
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
I'd shut up if I were you. The NSA is viewing this thread, you know.

I'll leave that to the cowards.

You know nothing of the history of the tyrannical nature of government itself. You have a series of President's establishing this STASI like control grid for the corporate borg they adhere to and a dumb downed Prozac nation brainwashed into NOT questioning authority.

We are so screwed. that includes the cowards who think being PC is gonna save them. LOL. suckers.

As for Snowden: If your on the fence, consider his biggest enemies at present as a deciding factor:

Pelosi, Obama, Biden, Schumer, Boxer, Boehner...hmmmm? Snowden or the other pile of crap? I think I choose Snowden.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #76
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I hope Snowden gets a bullet in his brain. What kind of a patriot makes a round the world tour of our moral, economic and political enemies: china, Russia.... Where's he going now? Cuba? Venezuela?

He's a coward. If he was anything other than a self righteous traitor he'd have stayed in his homeland and taken what was coming to him.

No. He's no hero. He's like pussies who fled to Canada in the 1770s to wait for King George to save their asses.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #77
Trotskilicious
Banned

so what was the most recent courageous thing you've done

Old 06-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #78
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
I hope Snowden gets a bullet in his brain. What kind of a patriot makes a round the world tour of our moral, economic and political enemies: china, Russia.... Where's he going now? Cuba? Venezuela?

He's a coward. If he was anything other than a self righteous traitor he'd have stayed in his homeland and taken what was coming to him.

No. He's no hero. He's like pussies who fled to Canada in the 1770s to wait for King George to save their asses.

He's being charged under the Espionage Act for revealing the government was spying on its citizen's illegally.

That's called irony Mr Shill...im sure its over your head.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #79
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

LOL. You are so fucking easy.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #80
Order 66
Socialphobic

seriously though he should come home. he's well off enough to lawyer up and the chances of him even getting something bad as a few years in a minimal security prison are pretty low

Old 06-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #81
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:

and your so fucking dumb.

A DNC talking shill who thinks his pension is safe from the looters he willingly supports that will take it away someday.

He just following orders, ya know...

https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads...5/original.jpg

Old 06-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #82
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
talking to me cuz i'm still wondering what makes you an authority on courageousness

Old 06-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #83
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
talking to me cuz i'm still wondering what makes you an authority on courageousness
No, TOC.

You're not easy. You're complicated

Old 06-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #84
Trotskilicious
Banned

I'm like Che Guevara with bling on, I'm complex.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #85
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
No, TOC.

You're not easy. You're complicated

I'm consistent. He's confused. He was like you in some ways, brainwashed marxist defender. He still loves the class envy redistributive b.s. like you, but at least he sees Obama as the flub that he is now.

And at least he'll address things and come up with arguments.

You've never done that to any effect that I've seen once.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #86
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

watching the Paultards and conspiracy freaks drool all over this traitor as he hides in Russia is great entertainment.

Apparently all you need to do to be a hero in TOC's eyes is commit treason, sell out your country and go running to an Oligarch.

I wonder who the traitor talked to in China before he asked Putin for help. Espionage world tour 2013!!

Breitbart would be so proud right now! LOL

Old 06-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #87
The Omega Concern
Banned

I see you've completely avoided Noam Chomsky's comments about the Obama Administration running the biggest terrorist operation perhaps of all time.

You do know who Noam Chomsky is right?

You do realize how far left you must be to put Chomsky in the bin of the Stand with Rand crowd? It can't be done, but I'm sure you'll try.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #88
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I wasn't talking about Leftists. I was talking about you.

Kind of shows what a troll you are, since 99% of the time you post ridiculous shit that Chomsky would NEVER endorse. Your ilk is the antithesis of what the New Left is all about.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #89
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Next you'll quote Glenn Greenwald

Old 06-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #90
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
watching the Paultards and conspiracy freaks drool all over this traitor as he hides in Russia is great entertainment.

Apparently all you need to do to be a hero in TOC's eyes is commit treason, sell out your country and go running to an Oligarch.

I wonder who the traitor talked to in China before he asked Putin for help. Espionage world tour 2013!!

Breitbart would be so proud right now! LOL

Snowden took two oaths. One to keep secret the info he came across, the other to uphold the Constitution. He, like other whistleblowers, saw the two in conflict with each other. He chose to honor the one that supports the Constitution.

that's his right. He is entitled to a fair trial but I'm guessing he wouldn't really get one if he stuck around stateside.

You don't like espionage, but it appears you have no problem with the U.S. government creating a Stasi on steroids control grid on its citizens. That pretty much makes you a bootlicking brownshirt, much worse than the likes of Snowden.