Old 06-30-2010, 11:56 PM   #1
sammy khalifa
Pledge

Default 7/24 Pittsburgh - Mr. Smalls

pre-sale on Friday at 10 am at wxdx.com

Old 07-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
bradanders
Amish Rake Fighter

At one time, there was a show scheduled in Memphis on this date. What happened to that show?

Old 07-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
redbull
Immortal

it is canceled.
why does billy wait until three weeks out from a show to book it

Old 07-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
bradanders
Amish Rake Fighter

That's pretty shitty. I was planning on going to that show.

Was it canceled because of low ticket sales I wonder?

Old 07-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #5
redbull
Immortal

it was canceled because they didn't confirm the show with the venue prior to advertising it. SP3 = shit show.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

I will be buying tickets on Saturday. Who here is going?

Old 07-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #7
sammy khalifa
Pledge

I will be. Gonna be great to see them at Mr. Smalls though I'm not gonna be able to get there till 9 or so cause of work. At least I'll be able to get a good spot at the Cleveland and Columbus shows.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:29 AM   #8
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

I remember a year ago I could only see them in Cleveland. But the year before that they were at the Palumbo Center and they did a good job of filling it.

I'm super excited about seeing them at Mr. Smalls though because I'll be so close! I've seen dozens of bands there, and can't imagine the Pumpkins being there. I'm almost certain they'll be sold out in 10 minutes this morning just in the prerelease alone.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #9
sammy khalifa
Pledge

Yea, I guess Mr. Smalls capacity is only 650 - I didn't know it was that small - and they have been pimping it a lot on the X so this should sell out. I've seen a bunch of bands at Mr. Smalls too - probably my favorite venue in Pittsburgh - so it'll be great to have the Pumpkins there!

Old 07-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #10
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

If I'm not able to get into the prerelease, do you think I'll be able to get tickets tomorrow? Please tell me they haven't sold out yet...

Old 07-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #11
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Wait a second, are there no requirements for the presale?

For other concerts I thought you had to be a Visa card member or something. For these, I don't see any sort of special requirement, other than ordering them from The X's website.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #12
sammy khalifa
Pledge

Yep, no special credit card requirements. I just went to the X website and followed their link. I wouldn't think it would be sold out yet.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #13
LunchWithBilly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
it was canceled because they didn't confirm the show with the venue prior to advertising it. SP3 = shit show.

They cancelled the Memphis and New Orleans shows because the Knoxville date was booked inbetween those two days.. My friend works at Minglewood in Memphis and they definately thought the Pumpkins were coming, but their management cancelled both shows on the same day they advertised it on the venue's website..I planned on going to both of those cancelled dates- i'm very disappointed

But i'm not driving 8 hours to go see them in Knoxville.. fuck-o-that...

Old 07-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #14
Wampa3
Amish Rake Fighter

Definitely didn't hear about this show until today.

Its a real shot in the dark, but does anybody have a spare ticket that they need to sell?

Old 07-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #15
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Has it sold out already?

Old 07-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #16
Wampa3
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
Has it sold out already?
yeah, thats what it says on the venue website. With only 650 tickets available, I'm not really surprised. I'm guessing they sold out within minutes.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #17
Wampa3
Amish Rake Fighter

Anybody have an extra ticket?

*sits back and prays

Old 07-20-2010, 09:13 AM   #18
Wampa3
Amish Rake Fighter

NM, I just randomly checked the Mr. Smalls website for tickets and they had randomly released a few tickets. I didn't realize how many until I refreshed the page and it said that there were no more available. I was kicking myself for not jumping on them quicker but then one ticket came back up again. So I snatched that up and now I'm going !!!!

Old 07-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #19
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Very cool. See you there.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #20
sammy khalifa
Pledge

Anyone plan on getting in the first 20 for soundcheck?

Old 07-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #21
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

My girlfriend will be at work until 4 that day, so I'll be lucky to make it there before six tbh.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:12 AM   #22
sammy khalifa
Pledge

Gotta love how it works out that I can make soundcheck in Cleveland and Columbus but not in my hometown! Oh well - I'm lucky I got in for 2 soundchecks.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:03 AM   #23
Wampa3
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy khalifa View Post
Gotta love how it works out that I can make soundcheck in Cleveland and Columbus but not in my hometown! Oh well - I'm lucky I got in for 2 soundchecks.
How early did you get there for the sound checks? Were they only letting 20 people in for those as well?

Old 07-21-2010, 09:32 AM   #24
sammy khalifa
Pledge

I got there at 9:30 in Cleveland and 11:00 in Columbus. We hit our 20 at about 2:00 in both places. They only let the first 20 in line in but in both places there were also radio contest winners who got in.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #25
Wampa3
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
I got there at 9:30 in Cleveland and 11:00 in Columbus. We hit our 20 at about 2:00 in both places. They only let the first 20 in line in but in both places there were also radio contest winners who got in.
Good to know, thanks! I'm flying solo and am all for getting there when I can to make it to the sound check. Just gotta prepare and bring along a bag of goodies to keep myself entertained/fed.

I called the venue to ask about the camera policy and they didn't seem to have one themselves and said that it would be entirely dependent on the artist. They said they would only know more information on the day of. What was the camera policy at the shows you went to? Based on what I have read elsewhere, the chances of bringing in a handheld video camera is slim to none, but what about regular cameras?

Old 07-21-2010, 10:53 AM   #26
sammy khalifa
Pledge

Good luck with the line - hopefully no rain!

We weren't allowed any cameras for the soundcheck or show in Cleveland or Columbus. They were pretty militant about it too, stopping people from taking pics or video with their cell phones and taking away people's memory cards during the shows. I don't know why the band is being like that this tour - I can understand for the brand new songs in soundcheck but doesn't make much sense for the actual show.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #27
Wampa3
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Good luck with the line - hopefully no rain!

We weren't allowed any cameras for the soundcheck or show in Cleveland or Columbus. They were pretty militant about it too, stopping people from taking pics or video with their cell phones and taking away people's memory cards during the shows. I don't know why the band is being like that this tour - I can understand for the brand new songs in soundcheck but doesn't make much sense for the actual show.
Interesting. I agree, its very strange that Billy had no issues in previous tours with cameras and video taping for much larger shows but for these smaller venues on this tour they are taking exception to them. I loved the fact that I could capture the show I went to before on video with no fears. Oh well, I'll try to bring my camera either way and assess the scene while I'm there.

Thanks

Old 07-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #28
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

cameras fine at orlando and tampa; no cameras for soundchecks

Old 07-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #29
sammy khalifa
Pledge

Thanks for the heads up, Al! Saw Billy addressed this on the SPTV thing yesterday too. Shame they didn't allow them the first 5 shows!

Old 07-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #30
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

The Moetherfuckin Davvster has arrived in Pittsburgh. Just ate a crazy unhealthy meal at Big Jim's "in the run".

Hey Nick -- Check your PM's. Lets try and actually meet up this time unlike Cleveland last time.