Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2018, 11:13 PM   #181
Elphenor
Braindead

I'm not really an expert on that and don't care what's important is fuck you fuzzy the music you like is the equivalent of the dumbest hip hop you can imagine just with guitars

Old 02-04-2018, 11:13 PM   #182
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
You know darn well what I'm talking about.
Nope.

I'm waiting for you to show me, though.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:13 PM   #183
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
no they aren't. chuck berry? little richard? no one called that rock music. White people TOOK their music and started calling it rock music.
Well of course... Who cares what they call it, it's a sound created and made famous by black artists... And yes, I'm including the blues. I consider the blues to be a subset of rock and roll.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:14 PM   #184
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I'm not really an expert on that and don't care what's important is fuck you fuzzy the music you like is the equivalent of the dumbest hip hop you can imagine just with guitars

Dude, we like a ton of the same music

Old 02-04-2018, 11:15 PM   #185
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

how can a genre that had its name around 1900 already be a "subset" of something that came 40 years later. hm....

Old 02-04-2018, 11:17 PM   #186
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Well of course... Who cares what they call it, it's a sound created and made famous by black artists... And yes, I'm including the blues. I consider the blues to be a subset of rock and roll.
blues is mostly the evolution of slave work songs and spirituals. it is not a subset of rock and roll. speaking of roll, you really are on one tonight, in terms of saying the most asinine and inaccurate things imaginable

Old 02-04-2018, 11:18 PM   #187
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
bottom line is that no matter what way you cut it, calling rock and roll "the blackest form of music" is almost impossibly stupid and inaccurate
Rock and Roll is a derivative from the Blues.... Blues is a black genre... I am also a huge blues fan, so substitute rock and roll with the blues if you find it more accurate.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:19 PM   #188
redbreegull

Quote:
Rock and Roll is a derivative from the Blues.... Blues is a black genre... I am also a huge blues fan, so substitute rock and roll with the blues if you find it more accurate.
you are so full of shit, shut the fuck up

Old 02-04-2018, 11:20 PM   #189
Elphenor
Braindead

substitute what you're saying with anything else and you'll find yourself more accurate

Old 02-04-2018, 11:20 PM   #190
FoolofaTook

Fuzzy are you drinking on a Sunday night?

Old 02-04-2018, 11:20 PM   #191
redbreegull

fuzzy you do understand that if you actually fucking knew anything or tried to educate yourself about things you want to talk about in the slightest, you wouldn't have to run around trying to sloppily cover your inaccuracies and untruths with plausible deniability, red herring, fallacy, and nonsense, yeah?

Old 02-04-2018, 11:20 PM   #192
Elphenor
Braindead

another round of fuzzy is not very bright

Old 02-04-2018, 11:20 PM   #193
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
how can a genre that had its name around 1900 already be a "subset" of something that came 40 years later. hm....
You still hear Blues on Rock radio don't you?

Stevie Ray Vaughn was one of the most acclaimed rock artists of the 80's... What kind of music would you say he played?

If you guys can't hear how the ancestors of rock and roll were all black then I must encourage you to do a little history research on the topic.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:21 PM   #194
redbreegull

country is derivative of traditional Irish folk music, therefore I consider country music to be Irish.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:22 PM   #195
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

I am a derivative of my uncle. my uncle is a man. I like my uncle. I am a man.

(did I get it right?)

Old 02-04-2018, 11:23 PM   #196
redbreegull

Quote:
You still hear Blues on Rock radio don't you?

Stevie Ray Vaughn was one of the most acclaimed rock artists of the 80's... What kind of music would you say he played?

If you guys can't hear how the ancestors of rock and roll were all black then I must encourage you to do a little history research on the topic.
you've been defeated and thus have changed your argument and are now trying to convince us this is what you were saying the whole time but it isn't and we're not your dumbass trumptarded friends. we see through you.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:24 PM   #197
fuzzyroes
Banned

You wouldn't have rock and roll without artists like Bo Didley , Chuck Berry, Ike Turner, Fats Domino. Rock and Roll is rooted in the blackest of cultures...

Old 02-04-2018, 11:24 PM   #198
redbreegull

btw SRV is blues mostly in image, the style he plays is basically a Hendrix rip off to the point where if you are familiar with Hendrix, you can predict where SRV is going to move his fingers next when he is soloing. Hendrix is blues inspired, but is not really blues.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:25 PM   #199
redbreegull

Quote:
You wouldn't have rock and roll without artists like Bo Didley , Chuck Berry, Ike Turner, Fats Domino. Rock and Roll is rooted in the blackest of cultures...
I wouldn't be alive if my dad hadn't donated his sperm to my mom. Am I my father?

Old 02-04-2018, 11:25 PM   #200
fuzzyroes
Banned

Just cause I can't personally relate with and don't think that the baseline lyrical content in rap is cool doesn't mean anything regarding race.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:26 PM   #201
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I wouldn't be alive if my dad hadn't donated his sperm to my mom. Am I my father?
You're arguing about semantics. Go and talk to any brother and he'll tell you that Rock And Roll is a black genre.. I don't really need your whitesplaining on this topic.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:26 PM   #202
pavementtune

rbg quick help my denglish - if B is a subset of A, how can A be rooted in B?

Old 02-04-2018, 11:27 PM   #203
redbreegull

Quote:
Just cause I can't personally relate with and don't think that the baseline lyrical content in rap is cool doesn't mean anything regarding race.
this isn't even true, you're just stereotyping. by your own admission you have practically never listened to rap in your life.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:27 PM   #204
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Nearly every time fuzzyroes voices an opinion, what follows is a flurry of incredulous outrage and/or mocking scorn.

I like to think that I'd have noticed if expressing myself was the common denominator in nearly all accusations of ignorance and stupidity across the forums.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:27 PM   #205
redbreegull

Quote:
You're arguing about semantics. Go and talk to any brother and he'll tell you that Rock And Roll is a black genre.. I don't really need your whitesplaining on this topic.
you deserve to be beaten for saying this

Old 02-04-2018, 11:28 PM   #206
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Nearly every time fuzzyroes voices an opinion, what follows is a flurry of incredulous outrage and/or mocking scorn.
this is neither outrage nor scorn, I would just really like to get to the bottom of the roots of the subset here, pay attention!

Old 02-04-2018, 11:29 PM   #207
redbreegull

you actually deserve to be beaten thoroughly once for referring to black men as "brothers," and then beaten a whole second time for misusing "whitesplaining" in a multitude of criss-crossing ways

Old 02-04-2018, 11:29 PM   #208
fuzzyroes
Banned

Here's a little easy to understand information simply laid out for you to help you learn.
https://mic.com/articles/136969/who-...ons#.oQ2v2Xkme

Old 02-04-2018, 11:30 PM   #209
redbreegull

arguing with fuzzy and watching him try to pick up leftist or social justice vocabulary is like watching a toddler learn a new word from his parent during a tantrum and then using it against them 10 seconds later

Old 02-04-2018, 11:31 PM   #210
redbreegull

Quote:
Here's a little easy to understand information simply laid out for you to help you learn.
https://mic.com/articles/136969/who-...ons#.oQ2v2Xkme
you're just trying to change your argument. you're moving the goal posts. we all know that rock is derivative of black forms of music. you aren't educating anyone you dumbass.