Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 05-26-2018, 06:30 PM   #121
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

We only got to see print screens Darcy wanted us to see, even so the first message she shows us is Billy texting her with updates, while they were both still very friendly.

Old 05-26-2018, 06:57 PM   #122
T&T
Socialphobic

it's clear they were doing a jimmy/billy thing in LA and d;arcy cound out via instagram like the rest of us that it was going on and that she wasn't going to be there.
I'd be pissed.
and it's revisionist bullshit from billy to say 'you weren't excluded' when that's exactly what's going in the moment. how dumb and desperate did he taker her to be?

Old 05-27-2018, 12:46 AM   #123
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

And then Corgan was also coming along from the back that Jack Bates would be their bassist even on tour, she could only have a guest role...

This all within a week after one and a half year both talking about a reunion.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:33 AM   #124
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
We only got to see print screens Darcy wanted us to see, even so the first message she shows us is Billy texting her with updates, while they were both still very friendly.
yeah i'm always moved to tears by the compassion when i tell my friends i escaped medical procedure, and they respond with "Ok, great on not needing surgery" and "we understand your enthusiasm"

Old 05-27-2018, 06:21 AM   #125
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
yeah i'm always moved to tears by the compassion when i tell my friends i escaped medical procedure, and they respond with "Ok, great on not needing surgery" and "we understand your enthusiasm"
That's exactly were they change the way they were talking. It sounds more like Billy wasn't sure if she was telling him all the truth. + We don't know what he/they said just after that text cause Darcy only showed us an edited version of it. For example, when Billy tells her "hence the door being open to you being involved when no one has seen you or seen you play. I alone haven't seen you for 19 years", if she has invited him for a meet it would only make sense to mention it, or mention that she was never invited by him/them. She didn't say anything about, later on she comes back to tell him that the doctors said she didn't need surgery.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:35 AM   #126
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Corgan could have easily said that she didn't invite him. And that she left out text messages in the conversation.

He preferred to say that they haven't been in a room for nineteen years...

Old 05-27-2018, 08:03 AM   #127
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Nice to say that you're not shut out when there are already recordings going on.
If there had been several attempts to meet her, he would have surely mentioned it as another excuse why they already started them.
Right but maybe they couldn't wait for her medical issues anymore and decided to move on without her but leave it open.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:25 AM   #128
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

They HAD already moved on, to record without knowing about her injury. Not even informed her at all before that they were recording.

And it's weird that D'arcy was only in communication with Billy Corgan the whole time.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:51 PM   #129
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Corgan could have easily said that she didn't invite him. And that she left out text messages in the conversation.

He preferred to say that they haven't been in a room for nineteen years...
Why would he say that? She was the one waiting for an invitation to play with the band, not the other way around.

Old 05-27-2018, 01:47 PM   #130
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Corgan himself said two years ago that he was reconnecting with his band-family. And that this came first before any reunion activities.

Spending time on tours through the country to reconnect with average citizens life, but finding no way to visit his "family" member doesn't fit together.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:04 PM   #131
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Corgan himself said two years ago that he was reconnecting with his band-family. And that this came first before any reunion activities.

Spending time on tours through the country to reconnect with average citizens life, but finding no way to visit his "family" member doesn't fit together.
This is something I don't get as well, Billy did one of his road trips in January 2017 across a large part of America, why not work in seeing D'arcy on a trip like that? Michigan isn't that far from Chicago.

How this has all turned out is disappointing because Billy seemed like he really got it when he referred to the band family relationship as being the most important part about reconnecting in 2016-2017, not any business/tour deals or anything. That's why I thought the reunion would work out, because they'd put having a good relationship above any commitments that could hurt that.

Ultimately business ended up completely destroying the family.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:25 PM   #132
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=qpGM-YpCg-o

as i always believed: darcy is the stubborn drug addicted moron who cannot cooperate

Old 05-28-2018, 02:13 PM   #133
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
This is something I don't get as well, Billy did one of his road trips in January 2017 across a large part of America, why not work in seeing D'arcy on a trip like that? Michigan isn't that far from Chicago.

How this has all turned out is disappointing because Billy seemed like he really got it when he referred to the band family relationship as being the most important part about reconnecting in 2016-2017, not any business/tour deals or anything. That's why I thought the reunion would work out, because they'd put having a good relationship above any commitments that could hurt that.

Ultimately business ended up completely destroying the family.
Unless he tried and she actually refused to meet him. But you guys can't see that.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:48 PM   #134
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

YES, we don't have your vision...

The text messages show that Billy didn't even inform D'arcy before the recordings to make her able to meet them timely...

Old 05-28-2018, 05:30 PM   #135
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

That's actually his first message. She knew they were working together, she didn't learn that from instagram pictures, only that they were recording new stuff. James wasn't even around yet. She wasn't there cause she isn't able to play the bass, and she knew that.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:40 PM   #136
bright_doom
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy planning a gigantic comeback reunion tour yet doesn't actually reunite with one of the band members. What could possibly go wrong?

Old 05-28-2018, 09:35 PM   #137
slunken
Virgo

anyone ready to give up yet?

Old 05-28-2018, 10:30 PM   #138
bright_doom
Apocalyptic Poster

Never give up.
'Cause I will bang this drum to my dying day...

Old 05-29-2018, 12:08 AM   #139
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
That's actually his first message. She knew they were working together, she didn't learn that from instagram pictures, only that they were recording new stuff. James wasn't even around yet. She wasn't there cause she isn't able to play the bass, and she knew that.

You are only constructing a story upon YOUR opinion.
We only can be sure that D'arcy hadn't known about the recording session, not only hasn't been invited to it.

And that you're an arrogant prick to deny her any abilities at all...

Old 05-29-2018, 06:21 AM   #140
Not James Iha
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
There's some great stuff in the full interview about the creative dynamic with the other bandmates
Any time Billy talks about music, the creative process, or other bands, he's usually pretty interesting and intelligible. Any time he talks about anything else...

Old 05-29-2018, 06:40 AM   #141
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

You are only constructing a story upon YOUR opinion.
We only can be sure that D'arcy hadn't known about the recording session, not only hasn't been invited to it.

And that you're an arrogant prick to deny her any abilities at all...
Jan, 18th. Billy texts her with updates from the studio:

https://i.imgur.com/AJhEDCA.jpg

It's clear it was just an update, they had been talking about it before.

Picture with Jimmy, billy and James reunited in the studio - Jan, 14th. They weren't working together yet tho, James only started with them later on.

James first picture with the band was posted on March, 1st.

Her interview with BlastEcho: Feb, 11th.

She was told they were demoing. She wasn't there cause "her shoulder". She knew all along what was going on.

Last edited by Forgotten Child : 05-29-2018 at 07:06 AM.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:28 AM   #142
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

It's clear by the message D'arcy sent afterwards that he hadn't informed her about the recording before, that his update was just a reaction on a message from D'arcy before that.

Then he came with excuses, why it wouldn't be so important for her to be there...

https://i.imgur.com/YNTUSVU.jpg

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 05-29-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:50 AM   #143
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

That's because they were not recording.

They only started working with Rubin one week later. They were demoing. James joined them late February/early March, that's when they started recording. She saw the picture with the 3 of them in the studio and assumed they were already working together.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:19 AM   #144
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Fact is: darcy is out. I dont miss her. Couldnt play bass well enuff to record tracks on an album. Billy played 99 per cent. That says enuff about her bass skills.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:55 AM   #145
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
Fact is: darcy is out. I dont miss her. Couldnt play bass well enuff to record tracks on an album. Billy played 99 per cent. That says enuff about her bass skills.
No all that says is you're a fucking moron who has never been in a recording studio, doesn't know anything about recording records and doesn't know anything about the production of SD and Gish (which are the only albums she didn't play much on).

Quote:
Billy is a GREAT guitarist….some of the parts came really fast, others were a struggle: the intro for Today took a LOT of takes to get the perfect sound and feel. Remember, this is before Pro Tools, and that guitar is naked at the start of the song…I think we worked on that 4 bar intro for about 12 hours!!!!
I mean lafoo Billy must be terrible if it took 12 hours to do that little jingle right.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:06 PM   #146
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
That's because they were not recording.

They only started working with Rubin one week later. They were demoing. James joined them late February/early March, that's when they started recording. She saw the picture with the 3 of them in the studio and assumed they were already working together.
They didn't do some simple home recordings. They booked the big studio A in the famous Village in LA and let Howard Willing do the engineering. With three condenser mikes alone at the bass drum you can be sure, they not only recorded demos, like Corgan tried to tell D'arcy, but some basic tracks that could be used further more.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:28 PM   #147
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
She played on all of Mellon Collie, and the vast majority of Adore and Machina II. She didn't need to be a superstar bassist to play with Smashing Pumpkins. It was never a band with particularly complex bass parts. She played in the band for eleven years with three very different and very talented drummers. Even on the albums where she did not play bass, Butch has stated her input into the songs helped shape them. At different points, every other member of the classic lineup praised her integrity and the musical ideas she brought to the band. Billy even continued to speak well of what she brought to the band in the Lars Ulrich interview.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:34 PM   #148
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
She played on all of Mellon Collie, and the vast majority of Adore and Machina II. She didn't need to be a superstar bassist to play with Smashing Pumpkins. It was never a band with particularly complex bass parts. She played in the band for eleven years with three very different and very talented drummers. Even on the albums where she did not play bass, Butch has stated her input into the songs helped shape them. At different points, every other member of the classic lineup praised her integrity and the musical ideas she brought to the band. Billy even continued to speak well of what she brought to the band in the Lars Ulrich interview.
No she didn't play on machina 2.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:42 PM   #149
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Let's debate about this forever!

Old 05-29-2018, 03:43 PM   #150
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Thumbs up

Quote:
With three condenser mikes alone at the bass drum
Only to butcher any semblance to the sound of an actual bass drum in the mix and master.