Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2017, 11:06 AM   #3121
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

I hated the idea of a Spider-Man reboot with The Amazing Spider-Man and was happy to see it crap out so quickly (they didn't even get far enough to make their own trilogy). I was equally un-enthused about ANOTHER reboot, but Tom Holland/Spider-Man was the best part of Iron Man: Civil War, so I've definitely come around on this one. For me, I'm just going to pretend Andrew Garfield never happened and that we haven't seen a Spider-Man in theaters for ten years.

Also, Sexy Aunt May.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:17 AM   #3122
LaBelle
Socialphobic

What a waste of Emma Stone those films were.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:42 AM   #3123
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
I trust that you Tomei fans have seen Before The Devil Knows You're Dead.
No. Should I?

Old 07-09-2017, 05:35 PM   #3124
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Spider Man was very entertaining

Old 07-09-2017, 05:37 PM   #3125
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i honestly CANNOT BELIEVE they made another fucking god damned spiderman movie

it's just mind boggling how shameless hollywood greed is. this is like the 3rd reboot, and everytime a trilogy ends it's like LET'S GO AGAIN!

are you kidding me
It was good and it's already made a lot of money for the people who made it

Old 07-09-2017, 09:51 PM   #3126
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
No. Should I?
I'm willing to stake my reputation as an incessant recommender upon it.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:21 PM   #3127
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

tbh I didn't even know the new spiderman was another reboot and not part of the last series

Old 07-09-2017, 10:23 PM   #3128
FoolofaTook

Imma download Raw tomorrow.

Spiderman blows.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:27 PM   #3129
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Took, do rec. 3 women

Old 07-09-2017, 10:33 PM   #3130
FoolofaTook

Huh?

Maybe I'll just download the Cpt. Americas. Those movies kick ass! Fuck yeah!

Old 07-09-2017, 10:34 PM   #3131
FoolofaTook

Do rec three women?

Wtf qwerty? Wtf.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:34 PM   #3132
FoolofaTook

Like what does that even mean man.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:40 PM   #3133
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

OK
I'm recommending the Robert Altman classic film, "3 Women"

Old 07-09-2017, 10:48 PM   #3134
FoolofaTook

Ah. Indeed.

Sorry. Stoned.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:21 PM   #3135
buzzard
Minion of Satan

If recommending movies to Took is what this thread has become, I'm going with Hard to Be a God.

Senescitude drips off of it like so many milky beads of perspiration from the corpsepainted brow of Horgh Horghagen.

Old 07-10-2017, 04:09 AM   #3136
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Max Steel - 1/5
How was this even made? This barely passes as a coherent movie, it's horrible. HORRIBLE.

Power Rangers (2017) - 3/5
I actually enjoyed this for what it was. Made me want to watch the old tv show again.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:19 AM   #3137
TuralyonW3
Immortal

What circumstances in life lead one to watch Max Steel

Old 07-10-2017, 11:21 AM   #3138
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Huh?

Maybe I'll just download the Cpt. Americas. Those movies kick ass! Fuck yeah!
didn't you see the new Spider Man in Captain America: Civil War? Wasn't it awesome? Why would you not want to see the new one with him (that has 93% on RT)? Why would you say Spider Man sucks?

Old 07-10-2017, 11:45 AM   #3139
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
What circumstances in life lead one to watch Max Steel
It felt like a natural fit to watch with the Power Rangers one. Also it was available.
Mistakes were made.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:08 PM   #3140
FoolofaTook

Buzzard thanks but I have no wifi so every time I want to download I have to go to this one library across town where they have no blocks and a super fine latina librarian.

so i still haven't watched valhalla rising or three women. o and my shitfucked laptop only has 5 gigs of space so I can't only download so much.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #3141
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
The 00's trilogy will always be definitive Spiderman films for me

Whatshisface being so goofy was way more fitting for the intent of the character as that fantasy for boys dreaming of waking up with super powers

Whoever that new actor is, I just want to punch him in the face
green goblin is terribly cheesy in the first one (and I love Defoe) and part 3 nosedives in the 2nd half (sandman is cool, but emo spidey and the worst cast venom ever is abominable)

Old 07-10-2017, 12:24 PM   #3142
TuralyonW3
Immortal

I liked Andrew Garfield as spider, but man they fucked up those 2 movies (so much cool stuff, but the villains/plot/script had so many issues)

Old 07-10-2017, 01:34 PM   #3143
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Lynch's Wild At Heart is way better than it has any right to be and was just a lot of fun. Nic Cage's ridiculous lunacy is perfect here.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:00 PM   #3144
TuralyonW3
Immortal

And Willem Defoe is wonderfully nasty

Old 07-10-2017, 03:16 PM   #3145
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

God, yeah. The entire scene after he looks in the toilet creeped everyone I was watching with out.

Old 07-10-2017, 04:53 PM   #3146
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i honestly CANNOT BELIEVE they made another fucking god damned spiderman movie

it's just mind boggling how shameless hollywood greed is. this is like the 3rd reboot, and everytime a trilogy ends it's like LET'S GO AGAIN!

are you kidding me
The answer is pretty much Sony. Though Spider-Man is a Marvel Comics character, Marvel Studios doesn't have the film rights to all its affiliated publisher's characters, as Marvel sold a lot of the rights when it was going bankrupt in the '90s. The film rights eventually revert to Marvel a certain amount of time after Sony releases a production with the IP.

Sony knows Spider-Man is a cash cow, so they have to push out another installment every so often to keep the rights. They originally had Raimi signed on to direct a fourth movie, but he told them that he wouldn't be able to make a film to his best abilities under Sony's timeline, so they replaced him and decided to reboot.

The last Spidey flick underperformed, and Sony kind of realized that they could benefit by associating Spider-Man with the MCU. They still own the IP, but they struck a deal with Marvel Studios where Marvel could use him in their films (which is why he was in an Avengers movie), and Marvel's producers would help set the direction of his solo films (which only Sony profits from).

I'm not sure if they would have done this regardless, but one of the reasons they ditched Andrew Giraffefield is because he angered Sony by not attending some high-profile event.

Old 07-10-2017, 04:55 PM   #3147
Disco King
Minion of Satan

There's a similar reason for why we keep on getting progressively worse Fantastic Four films. Except, instead of Sony, that's Fox.

I mean, there was even an ashcan F4 film made in the late '80s to keep the rights. Except, none of the actors involved were informed that this production was never meant for release.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:15 PM   #3148
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Spider-Man: On Leave From Sony

Tom Holland is a hoot-and-a-half as Spidey. Michael Keaton, thankfully, breaks the streak of weak MCU villans (wish they developed him a little more). No tedious origin story here, which is also nice. Just a fun little bit of summer fluff. Some annoyances here and there, but nothing that kills the movie.

B

Old 07-11-2017, 12:12 AM   #3149
Disco King
Minion of Satan

It's hard for me to get excited about the third Spider-Man of the past decade, so I probably won't watch it. I dunno, the trailers don't look like they really have an interesting character arc for the Peter Parker, or much of a theme they are exploring. It feels to me that the only thing this movie has to offer is "Spider-Man can hang out with Iron Man now!" Even if it's not an origin story, it looks like the theme of this story is Parker learning, yet again, that with great power, comes great responsibility. I guess it's Tony Stark who imparts that wisdom to him instead of Uncle Ben, though.

I'm a fanboy, so obviously I like shared universes and seeing characters interact. But, like, that is neither sufficient nor even necessary for an interesting movie. I feel like I've seen this movie already, from the 616 unavoidable trailers they released of it, seeming to give a summary of the film, rather than just the premise. Seems to me like the Vulture will be yet another villain with a socio-political motive that is never earnestly explored in the film, and only serves as the reason why he has to do bad things that make him and Spider-Man have to fight.

And also, this is more of a fanboy irritation than anything, but I feel like it really guts the core of the Spider-Man character to make his development as a hero so dependent in the Avengers and Tony Stark. Though Spider-Man, in the real world, is probably Marvel Comics' most celebrated hero, within his own universe, he is kind of the unsung hard-luck hero. Despite exemplifying his capability as a hero time and time again, he isn't held in as high esteem as, say, Iron Man or Captain America, and in fact, much of the public despises him. He's a teen hero who was never anybody's sidekick, never had a mentor, and had to learn how to handle his responsibilities on his own. For most of the character's publication history, he was never a member of The Avengers. In fact, the first time he had an adventure with them ended with him being denied membership. He didn't properly join the Avengers until the 2000s, well after he had established himself as a capable hero.

Having him be part of some Avengers Junior Cadets under the tutelage of Tony Stark as part of his growth into a hero really goes against a lot of what makes Spider-Man the sort of character he is. The whole "I have to show them that I can be a hero, too!" seems more like a storyline for Robin the Boy Wonder than for Spider-Man.

And really? Tony Stark is responsible for making Parker's first non-makeshift costume? That's some real bullshit, Marvel Studios.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:14 AM   #3150
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

dick suck king