Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2015, 08:25 AM   #61
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignothing View Post
Excuse you, Mato Grosso do Sul.

Labelle, help me out here. I'm kinda side-eyeing you right now, "nothing to do" in POA? Please explain. I mean, I'm not from there so I might be completely off, but I had many a friend ~dream~ about moving there lol

My favorite Brazilian city is Curitiba, and I have a weird fascination with ugly Brasília.
There is not much to do entertainment wise, you can go to cidade baixa have a drink or go to the mall to watch a movie, and that's pretty much it.
On sundays you would go to redenção to see it's big street fair (which is way overcrowded imo)
The 2 museums we have while decent are very small. Worthwhile concerts only happen like once every 10-12 months.
If you're into sports (i'm not personally) there are 2 big soccer teams that play twice per week.

Most people hang out in the shopping malls on the weekend which is just depressing.

Porto Alegre does have a reputation for having beautiful people. I heard many people from other cities or states saying that's why they chose to even come here.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:00 AM   #62
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

It's because Brazilians tend to think only white people are beautiful, sadly.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:00 AM   #63
bignothing
Demi-God

eh, i'd say that's not true at all. much of our culture practices the cult of "morena". you tan so people don't call you "branquela(o)" (someone who is too white). unless you mean "white people," where many of us are mixed but also white-passing.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:36 AM   #64
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Yeah if anything I always felt weird because my skin didn't tan like all the other girls.
I even got mocked in school because of it.

Last edited by LaBelle : 03-20-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:40 PM   #65
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

But that's what happens in America too. Hollywood actresses get tanned regularly, but no one says the beauty standard is black. Getting tanned is completely different from actually being black, having typically black facial features, etc.

Brazil is a country where educated people call curly hair "cabelo ruim", literally "bad hair", and no one minds. My dad is white, but he has curly hair, and I didn't like touching his hair when I was 4 because I had heard that expression before...

Black women are even more sexualized, I'll give you that. But I think a black woman is more likely to be considered hot than beautiful.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #66
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm not claiming to have done any in-depth research, though. These are just my impressions. I find that even when a person is clearly non-white, they're only considered beautiful if they have typically white features (narrower nose, straight hair, etc - green eyes is a plus).

Old 03-20-2015, 01:00 PM   #67
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Yeah, I get your point now.

Most people in Porto Alegre are sons/daughters of immigrants, so that makes sense.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:42 AM   #68
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
i know it, i want to learn another language so badly. i'm practicing korean, currently. probably at a two year old level. i was in honors spanish class for five years but as soon as i graduated i forget everything
hangumal arayo?

Old 03-21-2015, 02:40 PM   #69
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairun View Post
I'm not claiming to have done any in-depth research, though. These are just my impressions. I find that even when a person is clearly non-white, they're only considered beautiful if they have typically white features (narrower nose, straight hair, etc - green eyes is a plus).
yep true in america, world wide really

black women america finds hot: halle berry, beyonce, vivica a fox back in the day

Old 03-21-2015, 02:44 PM   #70
Trotskilicious
Banned

tanned white women is important but theres lots of fair skinned women that are popular like taylor swiff

Old 03-21-2015, 02:51 PM   #71
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
yep true in america, world wide really

black women america finds hot: halle berry, beyonce, vivica a fox back in the day
what about her, Lupita Nyongo: isn't she more beautiful than hot? I only heard people say she's beautiful.

http://newswirengr.com/wp-content/up...a-nyongo-4.jpg

I misunderstood the entire hot/beautiful thing, didn't I...

Old 03-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #72
Trotskilicious
Banned

im not commenting on that dichotomy because those words are individually defined but with lupita yeah she is dark but still very slender and she has a wide nose but her lips are thin

michelle obaba is a total babe and a lot of ppl think so but then abt half of the rest say shes a fat horse or something. serena williams is an icon but i dont think ppl consider her beautiful. maria sharpova on the other hand

Old 03-21-2015, 03:09 PM   #73
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

ah okay.
michelle obama is beautiful, I always thought people who make stupid comments how she is anything BUT stunning are influenced by what they think of her as a person and politics.

Old 03-21-2015, 04:35 PM   #74
LaBelle
Socialphobic

What about Kerry Washington?

http://cdn56.fansshare.com/photos/ke...1760470275.jpg

She's beautiful and doesn't have white features.

Old 03-21-2015, 05:15 PM   #75
slunken
Virgo

i dunno apparently she cuts off the testicles of former lovers and wears them as jewelry

Old 03-21-2015, 05:17 PM   #76
slunken
Virgo

i look into those soulless eyes and all i see is hate and disease

Old 03-21-2015, 05:58 PM   #77
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Is it hot black women thread now?

Here's my contribution.

Still the hottest Doctor companion of this era for my money:

http://media.tumblr.com/853d9eefa9fb...oVO1qd2bgh.jpg

Well or at least tied with Karen Gillan. I don't care if u raciss, you'd hit it.

I've also always had a thing for Naomie Harris. Well maybe not in the Pirates of the caribbean films....

Thing with Halle Berry is yes shes possibly the most attractive black woman in history, but she's also half white. Which likely explains why all america thinks she's hot. It's like "well she doesn't look TOO black or something right?"

I mean i often ask myself if Obama had been less white, would he have been elected? I'm thinking not. I think the real victory will be the first 100% black president.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:06 PM   #78
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Yeah I think it's a normal distribution thing too... Ain't too many men that are gonna stand next to Serena Williams and feel like a natural man, and make her feel like a natural woman. She is one hell of a female...if she found her male equivalent just think about the incredible athletes they would produce as babies. But there are definitely guys out there that look at Serena Williams and wanna hit it - but they're outliers, like her.

Whereas Maria Sharapova, I mean she's like Taylor Swift - they look dainty and sweet so many more guys are into them, but actually they're both really tall and would tower over a lot of guys, and if that were more apparent, I think they'd be less popular as sex objects.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:27 PM   #79
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
Is it hot black women thread now?
yes!

I never found Helle Berry that beautiful. sure she IS beautiful, but not "most beautiful woman" - beautiful. doesn't help that she's a total cunt, maybe I don't find her that attractive because of it.

I nominate Lauryn Hill and Sade Adu.

https://ronetlcnaptown.files.wordpre...n_hill_153.jpg

http://img.poptower.com/pic-19663/sade-adu.jpg?d=1024

Last edited by pavementtune : 03-21-2015 at 06:32 PM.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:51 PM   #80
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I like this thread

Old 03-21-2015, 06:54 PM   #81
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Gotta add the greats too

Nichelle Nichols:
http://www.movieactors.com/photos-st...ls-arena-1.jpg

Pam Grier:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...80e4ee8d38.jpg

Old 03-21-2015, 07:02 PM   #82
LaBelle
Socialphobic

And the inspiration for my username:

https://ronethebuzzcincy.files.wordp...n-robe_src.jpg

Old 03-21-2015, 07:12 PM   #83
Trotskilicious
Banned

ill agree with teb abt martha, amy pond is so goddamn annoying that i didnt like karen gillen

Old 03-21-2015, 07:31 PM   #84
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairun View Post

part of this presentation is about this.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:24 PM   #85
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Unhura in TOS was indeed very hot. And those short skirts.....

And yeah sade's a good pick but i always wished she didn't pull her hair back. I don't like that look on anyone.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:34 PM   #86
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
ill agree with teb abt martha, amy pond is so goddamn annoying that i didnt like karen gillen
I can see why you'd find her annoying i thought i i at first too, but to be honest i found Clara a lot more annoying originally.

I think Amy was the best companion because she had a real sorta meaningful relationship with the Doctor. That fact that she waited all these years for him and all that. Her whole life basically ended up being about him

I would say Martha otherwise was possibly the "worst" companion because she didn't really need the Doctor. I mean i liked her but she already had a satisfying life, she had a great job which she liked, she had it together.

Ok nm before i turn this into Dr Who discussion thread.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:03 PM   #87
slunken
Virgo

Quote:

Ok nm before i turn this into Dr Who discussion thread.
oh no do you dare #Taboo #controversial

Old 03-22-2015, 12:37 AM   #88
pavementtune

Quote:
And yeah sade's a good pick but i always wished she didn't pull her hair back. I don't like that look on anyone.
wut? are you talking about visual bating material or something? I don't get it.

http://i.imgbox.com/acvQcmY7.jpg

Old 03-22-2015, 12:39 AM   #89
yo soy el mejor

teb can't enjoy a woman's voice unless he thinks she is hot, too.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:40 AM   #90
yo soy el mejor

listening to sade always reminds me of listening to sade with my mom. and i STILL like sade.