Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2019, 04:16 PM   #31
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
The fact that he had 20-30 pictures of himself as the background visuals throughout the whole show was just bizarre. Like even by Billy's standards.
Billy singing about Billy in front of pictures of Billy. For three hours. Why god why.

Old 01-05-2019, 04:16 PM   #32
Ram27
dumb

Nope. SP is back

billy was clearly going through rough times during oceania etc. you can tell from the weight gain and lackadaisical guitar swings [seriously]

i always thought being a father would get his head right again

Old 01-05-2019, 05:00 PM   #33
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Fuzzy, I'm betting you just saw Fleetwood Mac on YouTube for the first time two nights ago and that's what inspired this thread.

Old 01-05-2019, 05:01 PM   #34
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Nope. SP is back
And Santa Claus is real.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:45 PM   #35
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

To be fair Fleetwood Mac were probably on a lot of drugs in the video.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:06 PM   #36
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
Also fleetwokd Mac is a completely different animal and always has been, you’re comparing apples and oranges and yet again it’s obnoxious.
I think it's a fair comparison. They both fill a similar niche in their respective genres. They're both more grandiose and introspective than their contemporaries, both 5 piece bands ETC.

You watch that video and you see each member taking full command of their position on stage. That's what you need if you wanna be an arena band.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:12 PM   #37
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
Jimmy is absolutely in it for the money. I've seen the pumpkins a dozen times without Jimmy. I finally got the chance to see him in person about a month ago. It was fucking weak, phoned in and lifeless. Totally a cash grab. He came out, played halfheartedly and left the second it was over. James actually seemed to be having a great time, actually. He was lively and played some fairly great leads. Jeff and the bassist guy are and will always be fucking duds. Billy on the other hand, he was just basking in his self image. I am shocked at the lack of, well I'm not sure the right word, backlash? The fact that he had 20-30 pictures of himself as the background visuals throughout the whole show was just bizarre. Like even by Billy's standards.
Yeah, it's been weird watching Jimmy on the comeback. If you recall the Alternative Nation article, D'arcy said that Jimmy was the one they had a hard time convincing to do the tour... You can kinda notice it from his body language on stage. Dude doesn't seem very into the performance.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:15 PM   #38
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
You know that Lindsey Buckingham got fired from the band last year...?

And had to be replaced again by two guitarists.

One of them an incredible songwriter, Neil Finn.

So, don't dream it's over. With the band.
Yeah, I read about that. That's bunk. Lindsey Buckingham is one of my favorite guitarists. He was really a precursor to that sorta grunge attack on the electric guitar.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:18 PM   #39
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Fuzzy, I'm betting you just saw Fleetwood Mac on YouTube for the first time two nights ago and that's what inspired this thread.
Lol hell no. They're one of my favorite classic rock groups. I will admit that I somehow overlooked Tusk until I recently picked up a copy at a thrift store. Sure, it's spotty, but man, there's some real gems on there. Cool era of the group.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:10 PM   #40
fuzzyroes
Banned

Man, watch this and then watch current footage

Maybe if the crowds actually showed some enthusiasm the band would rock out a little harder. I watch footage from the last tour and the crowd was still as a statue, look at the crowd here... Put down your mobile telephones people, watch the show and rock out and enjoy yourself. Stop trying to record footage in an attempt to appear righteous on social-media.

Old 01-07-2019, 03:59 PM   #41
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

They seemed pretty into it in London. Except for Jimmy who looked bored and did the bare minimum. Maybe he wasn’t into it or maybe he’s gotta concentrate on keeping time with the click...he’s not that kind of drummer at all and likes to speed up and slow down based on feeling

Considering they were playing up there without amps and to a click / backing track they were fine. They can’t really “rock harder” without ditching the concept and doing proper gigs. This tour they were basically up there playing Rocksmith. Which for a band is pretty boring and very unforgiving.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:28 PM   #42
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

When you shit on your legacy for decades, a greatest hits setlist is a fair exercise to get people to remember why they liked you in the first place. But playing the same set every date has to get boring after a while.