Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #211
slunken
Virgo

right - meaning i wouldn't be able to listen to it without actually buying it first. if sound clips or details about the packaging (like real pictures or real info) were released i could have made that decision before buying.

my point was i would have bought it blindly if none of that info was available, and then when i received and i decided i didn't like the music i could then in turn sell it for a profit.

not too sure what the point was in bringing up that quote? not that it matters at this point. right now i'm just slightly annoyed i didn't even get a chance to make that decision. it sold (out) under my radar.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:05 PM   #212
slunken
Virgo

judging from that soundclip however i would have sold it after a few play-throughs

Old 05-16-2014, 07:06 PM   #213
slunken
Virgo

can't have dilettante synth chud gumming up the real collection

Old 05-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #214
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootles View Post
Quoted perfectly. Thank you.
Nice attempt but it should be "It was quoted perfectly, thank you." You also don't need to double-space between sentences. However, you still need to work on your reading skills since you still don't understand the difference between taking things out of context and misquoting.

Quote:
And you will never tell me when and when I can't respond back you.
I already did and you then responded with an attempt to write a proper sentence, you idiot.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #215
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

You didn't end up buying one, slunken? There's still a chance Billy could press more or you can try the ebay route. After hearing the clip myself, I'd download it to give it a proper listen but I wouldn't consider buying it. I'm not much of a collector. The only thing I've been diligent in buying from SP lately are the reissues.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:16 PM   #216
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
You didn't end up buying one, slunken? .
no i didn't even hear about it until late yesterday when i read about it being sold out here

Old 05-16-2014, 07:19 PM   #217
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
can guarantee that subsequent pressings, if it were indeed to happen, would be either cd or digital only (fail slunken)
offering a 2nd pressing before the 1st one is released and only a few minutes after the first one sells out is not considered a "subsequent pressing." maybe it is, semantically, but that's not what i meant.

this "2nd pressing" was obviously a cash grab (not hating) - but it was.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:21 PM   #218
slunken
Virgo

i mean it would have been easier to just make more (gets on the phone to the pressing plant - "make that 1000 copies!!!") but obviously the original run number was already published/bragged about.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #219
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Well there was no further info on packaging or anything (the soundclip was only released an hour or so before the actual sale), so I misunderstood your post that you weren't really interested in that case.

Also 500 are already a lot for a no-name limited release, the appeal for a bunch of buyers was only the fact that these were still a collectible - numbered, few copies - no matter the music quality.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #220
slunken
Virgo

now it will just be fun to watch and see how much the price fluctuates on these grip/flip versions between now and after the time the actual release comes out.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:27 PM   #221
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
(the soundclip was only released an hour or so before the actual sale)
talk about losing your blue collar roots. and to think - if i was still unemployed i probably would have been on top of this. but alas i have to work for a living and i'm not tethered to a computer or refreshing nexus on my phone every hour. i guess i could have programmed an rss feed for the site.

so many what ifs...

Old 05-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #222
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

The way it was set up kind of made the situation ripe for the people looking to flip this. I wasn't interested in buying it, but I didn't know about the sale time either. The details were quite vague up until the very end. The announcements of announcements gets pretty confusing. I'm surprised they didn't set a limit per person but, to be perfectly honest, I don't think they really care who and how many a person bought, they only care that they were sold.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #223
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
I'm surprised they didn't set a limit per person but, to be perfectly honest, I don't think they really care who and how many a person bought, they only care that they were sold.
I was thinking they just didn't know how (if they did care).

Old 05-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #224
slunken
Virgo

like i mentioned pages ago it WAS a no-brainer investment (purchasing copies i mean - not the release itself)

Old 05-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #225
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
I was thinking they just didn't know how (if they did care).
It's certainly a possibility (if they don't know how to code properly) but I honestly don't think he even thought about it.

Quote:
like i mentioned pages ago it WAS a no-brainer investment (purchasing copies i mean - not the release itself)
Definitely. If that person on ebay manages to sell it for $600 then that's a 900% markup on what was paid.

Quote:
It's a merch promo game to make people aware that the "arts studio and teahouse" store exists, and it worked. Well played.
Indeed. It gets more international media exposure as well, which is what they wanted for the shop, which equals more online sales.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #226
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

There is going to be a third pressing, slunken. I don't think it will be signed. Basically, he is ordering them based on demand.

You could set up some type of alert maybe for when SP does something on FB or maybe billy's tweets on twitter. Like something that sends you a notification to your phone or something.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:38 AM   #227
franzel
Demi-God

From the clip I've heard, I'm actually excited! I hope it's in the vein of the Stigmata OST. It also reminded me of the Low album by David Bowie. It's nice to see Billy going in a more avantgarde route, instead of the cliched old rock of recent releases.

Old 05-17-2014, 04:07 AM   #228
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Is there going to be a pressing for normal people. Whereby I can pay £10, play it once and never listen to it again?

Old 05-17-2014, 07:01 AM   #229
slunken
Virgo

The length of time for this to come out is out of reach for pay pals refund policy. I could sell one right now without ever owning one and the buyer or eBay or PayPal wouldn't be able to do much about it.

Their window of opportunity for getting a refund would have ended (90 days). I think there is even a limit to leaving feedback.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:05 AM   #230
slunken
Virgo

Just something to think about

Old 05-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #231
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
another one is up for $450.)
and this guy hawks exclusive records for a living (store owner style). i'm glad billy found a way for other people to make money.

Old 05-17-2014, 05:23 PM   #232
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

You could get someone to go to zuzus and pic it up for you. Don't know when they will be there call zuzus. They will also be at a record store in chicago. Mayve you could call them pay over the phone and have someone pick it up.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #233
slunken
Virgo

I've thought about all that but as I mentioned, especially after hearing the clip, that I would only be buying to flip for profit. I realize my posts sound bitter. I'm not bitter I didn't get one it's more a matter of BC dipping his toes into something new and it being mishandled. It's like those 2 rsd 7"s forever ago. He finally does something right yet makes it impossible to obtain. Those were limited to 250 copies each. It's like he thinks his name is big enough to warrant headlining festival status yet he's afraid to press a reasonable amount of vinyl out of his own pocket. Dude is a tightwad. No wonder the archives never happened. He really underestimates his fans and is paralyzed without a major label backing him.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #234
slunken
Virgo

Emphasis on : I realize my posts sound bitter

I mean there are bands that nobody has ever heard of that can easily sell out of 500 copies of anything (let alone 250) as long as it's good. It doesn't even need to be hyped.

This is being bought and sold on pure name recognition and branding. He could have charged 100 and it would have flown out the door.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #235
T&T
Socialphobic

BREAKING NEWS: billy corgan is a tightwad.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:05 AM   #236
D.
Consume my pants.

YSI?

Old 05-18-2014, 07:29 AM   #237
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Emphasis on : I realize my posts sound bitter

I mean there are bands that nobody has ever heard of that can easily sell out of 500 copies of anything (let alone 250) as long as it's good. It doesn't even need to be hyped.

This is being bought and sold on pure name recognition and branding. He could have charged 100 and it would have flown out the door.
He is only ordering them as they sell out. He doesn't want to be stuck with them. This is his first dip into selling music at zuzus.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #238
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
This is his first dip into selling music .
Obviously

Old 05-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #239
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

So what is the issue again? Maybe he really didn't think anyone would want it.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:13 AM   #240
T&T
Socialphobic

billy corgan can't afford to loose 5000$. he can't even afford to feed his cats.