Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2017, 01:16 PM   #421
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
That was really nice of them. I had to ask for air in my tires and I don't even hate my mechanic
yeah a few days ago i went to tire kingdom just because i had protection on my tire (which had a slow leak) and they found a leak in one of my other tires too plus i had them balance/rotate and alignment (which i also had covered). when i need actual work i'm gonna go to the place that did the body work for sure. they were really good to me.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:18 PM   #422
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Although my mechanic told me my battery was ok but it wasn't. It was the original battery
100 month. I replaced the battery with a cheap one. I thought it was bad because the car wasn't starting well. The problem has not reoccurred since then. I don't know why a mechanic wouldn't want to sell me a battery or maybe it was confirmation bias

Old 04-03-2017, 01:20 PM   #423
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Reprise did I ever tell you my car was from FL and then the owner moved to Princeton? I think that's why the original battery lasted so long. Winters are brutal on batteries here. Salt is also sux

Old 04-03-2017, 01:21 PM   #424
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

It also came with a Rihanna CD. No clouds in my stones/when it rain I hydroplane in the bank

Old 04-03-2017, 01:22 PM   #425
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

My engagement ring center stone does have solely cloud inclusions and also I drive a civic

Old 04-03-2017, 01:29 PM   #426
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I'm gonna try to schedule a Pap smear now but I really hate going to the obgyn. I can't if it's a man and barely can if it's a woman. I prefer young doctors too because they typically understand me better. I hate the place I go to so I hope my insurance doesn't take it. It's not like the dentist. I know a lot of people feel like that is invasive too so I understand.

Also hopefully an obgyn would never compliment someone. "Wow you take excellent care of yourself and it looks great" lol doesn't work that way

Old 04-03-2017, 01:30 PM   #427
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I hate everything besides dentists. I'm also weird about haircuts because if I have any dandruff that I don't see then I just feel bad...

Old 04-03-2017, 02:26 PM   #428
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Anyone know any good charities that do free dental work for those in need? Like Doctors Without Brders but with dentists? Serious because I tried googling it and it was tough to find something.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:55 PM   #429
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I haven't been to the dentist in 3 years

Old 04-03-2017, 04:00 PM   #430
Elphenor
Braindead

I do not recall the last time I've been

Old 04-03-2017, 04:03 PM   #431
redbreegull

I finally signed up for a plan through OBAMAcare and I just never got my shit in the mail or anything. A normal person would have called and figured out what happened, but my anxiety prevents me from doing random things sometimes

Old 04-03-2017, 04:18 PM   #432
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I go to the dentist about once a year for a checkup.

Always afraid they'll use a hammer and knock all my teeth at once. I hate dentists.

Old 04-03-2017, 04:21 PM   #433
yo soy el mejor

not me, i love them! i had a great dentist as a kid and the office and the nice staff was a safe and fun place for me and the fluoride treatments always tasted good to me and i like that gritty stuff they use to clean the chompers.

i've never had a cavity or filling in my life, but i did have braces. the orthodontist, i hated.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 04-03-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Old 04-03-2017, 04:44 PM   #434
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Reprise did I ever tell you my car was from FL and then the owner moved to Princeton? I think that's why the original battery lasted so long. Winters are brutal on batteries here. Salt is also sux
i think heat is bad for them too. mine last usually 3 years.

i bought my kia rio new and the battery died in less than a year. they replaced it free of course but it was infuriating. you get new cars to not have to worry about that shit

Old 04-03-2017, 04:47 PM   #435
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

gonna miss two classes tomorrow to go to the ENT to fix my ears. really bummed out actually, i'm super interested in these two classes plus i was supposed to talk to the professor about doing a research project with him. but they made me a next day appointment so that's good

my hearing is just good enough to not have to read lips but i'm not going to let it keep going until it's like last time where i couldn't hear jack shit. he should be able to suction out my middle ear and give me antibiotics if i even need them

Old 04-03-2017, 05:06 PM   #436
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
not me, i love them! i had a great dentist as a kid and the office and the nice staff was a safe and fun place for me and the fluoride treatments always tasted good to me and i like that gritty stuff they use to clean the chompers.

i've never had a cavity or filling in my life, but i did have braces. the orthodontist, i hated.
Orthodontist screams "privileged upbringing"

Old 04-03-2017, 05:07 PM   #437
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I finally signed up for a plan through OBAMAcare and I just never got my shit in the mail or anything. A normal person would have called and figured out what happened, but my anxiety prevents me from doing random things sometimes
If you wanna talk about this we can. I know a lot about the process.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:12 PM   #438
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
gonna miss two classes tomorrow to go to the ENT to fix my ears. really bummed out actually, i'm super interested in these two classes plus i was supposed to talk to the professor about doing a research project with him. but they made me a next day appointment so that's good

my hearing is just good enough to not have to read lips but i'm not going to let it keep going until it's like last time where i couldn't hear jack shit. he should be able to suction out my middle ear and give me antibiotics if i even need them
I wish there was a long term solution to your ear troubles (I'm sure you wish even more). I empathize because to a lesser degree I go through this shit too. I know you say it didn't work but since I started taking double (uh oh) the amount of Flonase you're supposed to take daily and don't miss a dose (it takes a while to take effect in my experience) my sinuses and ears have generally been a lot better. It's like they're finally somewhat open and my nose can breath and my ears are open and drain

Old 04-03-2017, 05:16 PM   #439
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
I'm not kidding about this but I had a very messed up childhood in a lot of ways regarding health and the doctor and money or time spent on siblings and myself in this way. Nobody told me or taught me to brush my teeth so all my cavities happened when I was young. My mom would also tell us no matter what pain or embarrassment nobody was going to the orthodontist so your teeth better come in straight. I know that orthodontitical work isn't cheap

So this is like my 4th dentist visit in my life

Old 04-03-2017, 06:24 PM   #440
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
mine never screamed.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:56 PM   #441
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I wish there was a long term solution to your ear troubles (I'm sure you wish even more). I empathize because to a lesser degree I go through this shit too. I know you say it didn't work but since I started taking double (uh oh) the amount of Flonase you're supposed to take daily and don't miss a dose (it takes a while to take effect in my experience) my sinuses and ears have generally been a lot better. It's like they're finally somewhat open and my nose can breath and my ears are open and drain
yeah i'm going to talk to him tomorrow about trying more allergy medicines, double doses, or whatever. but at one point i was using ear drops, oral antibiotics, afrin, and fucking prednisone and my ears wouldn't clear up.

if i have to go to his office once or twice a year to manually get my middle ears drained i guess it's not so bad really. last time i was there was around september, and that's when i got new tubes put in.

the ultimate problem is allergies. i was doing allergy shots but i stopped because i'm a dumbass i was supposed to go 1-2 times per week and i guess i was too lazy. but i have a good excuse not to now, since i'll be moving next year most likely and there will be different allergies around. but if i can find some allergy meds even at higher doses that can help at all it'd be cool not to have chronic sinusitus

Old 04-03-2017, 07:12 PM   #442
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
yeah i'm going to talk to him tomorrow about trying more allergy medicines, double doses, or whatever. but at one point i was using ear drops, oral antibiotics, afrin, and fucking prednisone and my ears wouldn't clear up.

if i have to go to his office once or twice a year to manually get my middle ears drained i guess it's not so bad really. last time i was there was around september, and that's when i got new tubes put in.

the ultimate problem is allergies. i was doing allergy shots but i stopped because i'm a dumbass i was supposed to go 1-2 times per week and i guess i was too lazy. but i have a good excuse not to now, since i'll be moving next year most likely and there will be different allergies around. but if i can find some allergy meds even at higher doses that can help at all it'd be cool not to have chronic sinusitus
do you have tubes in your ear drums? Have you?

Since this last time getting tubes i've had almost no infections. haven't had to get my ears suctioned in almost a year and a half.

hate my hearing aids, though. Fuck. pain in the ass.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:16 PM   #443
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Fucken sinuses, mine've been a wreck this year, too

Ppl been talking about all the pathogens that don't die b/c warm winters and it seems to make sense but i'm too lazy to science it for myself

Old 04-03-2017, 07:19 PM   #444
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I don't even have allergies. Being alive is what does it for me. Or probably pollution. We all suffer because of that.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:22 PM   #445
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:

Have you ever used a neti pot or some other way of sinus lavage? What are your allergies?

Old 04-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #446
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Fucken sinuses, mine've been a wreck this year, too

Ppl been talking about all the pathogens that don't die b/c warm winters and it seems to make sense but i'm too lazy to science it for myself
It depends on the area. Last year spring was 2 weeks late in the general region of central nj. This reminds me to start keeping better plant records (using them as benchmarks) than I have been. Regardless the pollen duration times shouldn't be affected but maybe not

Old 04-03-2017, 07:27 PM   #447
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Based on the few pics I have it almost seems like nearly the same time frame wrt ephemerals and such waking up.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:13 PM   #448
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
do you have tubes in your ear drums? Have you?

Since this last time getting tubes i've had almost no infections. haven't had to get my ears suctioned in almost a year and a half.

hate my hearing aids, though. Fuck. pain in the ass.
yes i have tubes, i've had them for almost two years. i got new ones put in in september last year and haven't had a problem until now. even when i got my first tubes in i still had a wicked infection so i still had problems for a while. but the last 9 months have been glorious for me. i'm hoping i just need the middle ears suctioned and maybe some oral antibiotics and that's it

Old 04-03-2017, 08:18 PM   #449
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

ugh. sorry. i know how it is.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/1a/1af33...387fefac18.jpg

Old 04-03-2017, 08:18 PM   #450
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Grommets, right?

I remember it being a thing that my fellow children would go to have their tonsils out and, less often, undergo some ambiguous form of tubular installation that my youthful mind couldn't fully comprehend.