Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2008, 01:23 AM   #1
<sp3

Exclamation Free 5 Star VIP Ticket - I need a date

So i bought two, 5-star VIP tickets to the 11/30 (this sunday) show at RIMAC Arena in San Diego California more than a month ago. I recently broke up with my girlfriend. After falling asleep crying, listening to a mix of my TFE CD and dashboard confessional on loop for 7 days in a row i realized that i need to get over it. She lives 3,000 miles away and is not an SP fan, so needless to say, she is no longer going. I am not from San Diego, and only got here about 2 months ago.. so i don't know anybody and feel like meeting a girl the old fashioned way in a bar with a pickup line like "Hey.. wanna go to a private room and meet Billy Corgan with me?" will end in being shot down... if not a face slap.

So ill give it away to anyone here on netphoria. I'd prefer it to be a girl, it doesn't even have to be a "date", but am open to anyone who would legitimately want to go to this but maybe isn't because of the cost. One thing.. please don't embarrass me by using this as an avenue to charge billy and ask questions about the metro DVD or something.

$300 dollar ticket for free folks.. and i am not looking for anything other than some decent company in return.

Post or PM

ps. i was kidding about the crying/TFE/dashboard thing. It was actually a pretty clean breakup and we are still friends

Last edited by <sp3 : 11-25-2008 at 02:19 AM.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:36 AM   #2
Northern_Hazel
Pledge

Hey - sorry about the situation. However, I bought a 5star ticket too and can't go as well (family matters). The good news is that a refund is possible. I called iloveallaccess friday and the guy I spoke to said that you can get a refund, though 10% is taken off. Just email [email protected] describing your situation.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:44 AM   #3
TuralyonW3
Immortal

creepy

Old 11-25-2008, 01:49 AM   #4
Northern_Hazel
Pledge

Oh man do I miss these

http://genxdepot.com/store/images/creepy.jpg

Old 11-25-2008, 01:58 AM   #5
<sp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
creepy
yea i guess. i could be an ax murder.. you'll just have to take that chance.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:00 AM   #6
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

You're kind of putting yourself up on a pedestal expecting people to compete for you, especially considering it's basically a blind date. Nobody's gonna be attracted to that. Just burn that ticket and drink your loneliness away.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:02 AM   #7
<sp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_Hazel View Post
Hey - sorry about the situation. However, I bought a 5star ticket too and can't go as well (family matters). The good news is that a refund is possible. I called iloveallaccess friday and the guy I spoke to said that you can get a refund, though 10% is taken off. Just email [email protected] describing your situation.
well shit... i called them and they told me directly this was not possible. Ill give it a few days.. if there is no response then maybe ill try that. The money is a sunk cost at this point

Old 11-25-2008, 02:04 AM   #8
<sp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mablak View Post
You're kind of putting yourself up on a pedestal expecting people to compete for you, especially considering it's basically a blind date. Nobody's gonna be attracted to that. Just burn that ticket and drink your loneliness away.
Edited original post to make myself less pedestal sounding. Honestly just trying to help a fellow pumpkin fan out here.

Last edited by <sp3 : 11-25-2008 at 02:18 AM.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:58 AM   #9
Sarcastic Smile
Amish Rake Fighter

Location: I fuck in my spare time, this is what I do at work you dumb bitch.-esty

If you can get someone to fly me out on their dime via redeye I would totally hop on a plane after work

Old 11-25-2008, 04:00 AM   #10
Sarcastic Smile
Amish Rake Fighter

Location: I fuck in my spare time, this is what I do at work you dumb bitch.-esty

Seriously though that's nice.. i can understand why you would want to take a chick.. I wouldn't want to take a girl if I was in your position.. why don't you just try to sell it? At least post on the O board and see if there is anyone there.. but they all are all coocoos ... especially the girls with their creepy Billy fantasies

Old 11-25-2008, 04:08 AM   #11
rolmos
Apocalyptic Poster

He expects pity sex?

Old 11-25-2008, 04:11 AM   #12
tstats
Demi-God

dude do you really want to take a pumpkins fan? I hear they have some of the ugliest fans

but seriously goodluck on finding someone

Last edited by tstats : 11-25-2008 at 04:18 AM.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:18 AM   #13
trev
charm

the thought is nice and all, but i think your better off just selling your ticket or refunding it if you can and going solo, maybe trying and mingle with the other VIP's instead.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:19 AM   #14
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

If I lived near there, I'd go. I feel bad for you and would want to go to the show anyway.

P.S. I will not s ur d tho ima dude lol.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #15
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Yeah, if I live anywhere closer i'd certainly want to go...
geography sucks sometimes.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:13 PM   #16
better than new
Apocalyptic Poster

Totally would if I could pay to fly.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:55 PM   #17
Northern_Hazel
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
well shit... i called them and they told me directly this was not possible. Ill give it a few days.. if there is no response then maybe ill try that. The money is a sunk cost at this point
Definitely try it. I just got $265.50 back from them today. Send them a few same emails, as they didn't respond to the 1st one.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:06 PM   #18
blueEyez6489
Demi-God

if you were in chicago i'd be your girl but...apparently you're not in chicago...you can't find any friend that would want to go???

Old 11-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #19
chrisothoulo
Demi-God

sick

Old 11-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #20
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...on/davster.jpg

Old 11-25-2008, 06:39 PM   #21
suncrashesdown
Apocalyptic Poster

THE MOTHERFUCKING DAVSTER!!!!!!

Old 11-25-2008, 07:48 PM   #22
<sp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueEyez6489 View Post
if you were in chicago i'd be your girl but...apparently you're not in chicago...you can't find any friend that would want to go???
I am not a social recluse or anything, i have a good number of friends back east where i am from.. but out of all of them i only have one friend who i would consider a smashing pumpkins fan. Went to 4 shows with her last year. But now I am in the middle of a 4-month job that i was assigned to out here in San Diego, so i am not on a quest to make an army of new friends.. yet anyway (i do like the city and the idea of transferring out here has floated around in my head).

So the only people i know out here are casual friends from work... none of which are SP fans (i don't want to shock anyone here, but i wouldn't really consider them popular these days). If it was just tickets to the concert i would defiantly invite one of them along.. but not to this.. not an intimate meet and greet with the corgan himself. It would be obnoxious to bring someone to a Q&A/photo op session for someone they don't even know.. some one who probably couldn't name 2 or 3 songs by SP if they tried. Plus it would just make for awkwardness at work if word got out that i spent $300 on a co-worker.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #23
<sp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
i dont get it.. thats not a picture of me

Old 11-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #24
<sp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_Hazel View Post
Definitely try it. I just got $265.50 back from them today. Send them a few same emails, as they didn't respond to the 1st one.
maybe ill email them tomorrow. With the holiday i wouldn't expect to get any response before friday. If someone gets to me before i get the refund, lucky them. If not.. cant say i didn't try

Maybe this is a good indication of just how unpopular the mighty SP is these days.. for some reason i think if i was doing the same thing with Pearl Jam or NIN i would be beating people back with a baseball bat. No matter to me though.. i have been looking forward to really get a chance to meet these guys since before i can remember

Old 11-26-2008, 12:10 AM   #25
blueEyez6489
Demi-God

Quote:
I am not a social recluse or anything, i have a good number of friends back east where i am from.. but out of all of them i only have one friend who i would consider a smashing pumpkins fan. Went to 4 shows with her last year. But now I am in the middle of a 4-month job that i was assigned to out here in San Diego, so i am not on a quest to make an army of new friends.. yet anyway (i do like the city and the idea of transferring out here has floated around in my head).

So the only people i know out here are casual friends from work... none of which are SP fans (i don't want to shock anyone here, but i wouldn't really consider them popular these days). If it was just tickets to the concert i would defiantly invite one of them along.. but not to this.. not an intimate meet and greet with the corgan himself. It would be obnoxious to bring someone to a Q&A/photo op session for someone they don't even know.. some one who probably couldn't name 2 or 3 songs by SP if they tried. Plus it would just make for awkwardness at work if word got out that i spent $300 on a co-worker.
it's not intimate, trust me. if you have anything to say to Billy or Jimmy i suggest you write it in a note or card and give it to them.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:11 AM   #26
blueEyez6489
Demi-God

ps if the breakup with your gf was amicable why don't you 2 just go together anyways?

Old 11-26-2008, 01:48 AM   #27
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
She lives 3,000 miles away and is not an SP fan, so needless to say, she is no longer going.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:05 AM   #28
blueEyez6489
Demi-God

i only read what i want to.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:11 AM   #29
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
i dont get it.. thats not a picture of me
its the motherfucking davster you son of a bitch!!

Old 11-26-2008, 02:34 AM   #30
Shallowed
Braindead

You can't just ask davin to a date. DAVIN asks YOU.