Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #211
Implosion
Demi-God

I got tickets for the last show of the run since I'll be in New York during that time. For anyone attending from NYC (or locals), is getting back to NYC via SEPTA an option? It looks like the last train to Trenton leaves from Philly at 11:53pm, which is probably too early. If there aren't any alternatives, I'll probably try and get a hotel room.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:23 PM   #212
Fellatio Mask!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppunk
I'm going to murder Casey though, so we'll have to do that first. My wife will be with, too, so it'll be nice and awkward.
ah come on
i'm gonna give you a nice big hug

Old 09-24-2007, 04:31 PM   #213
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster

uhh guys, seeing them anymore than twice is overkill and a waste of money..i can't believe people are actually contemplating seeing them 4 times, they aren't the beatles. i'm only seeing them once and i'm pretty content. why wouldn't you spend your money on some other band's concert?

Old 09-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #214
Chuck=Zero
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel Logic
uhh guys, seeing them anymore than twice is overkill and a waste of money..i can't believe people are actually contemplating seeing them 4 times, they aren't the beatles. i'm only seeing them once and i'm pretty content. why wouldn't you spend your money on some other band's concert?
True, true, but I'm goin' to all four 'cause they're my favorite band, and as I stated earlier, this will be the last time I'll be able to see 'em for a while. Not to mention the fact that I have this feeling that I still have to "make up" for never seeing 'em live until 2000. I'm not much of a concert-goer anyways, the only other band I like enough to go see that's touring now are the Foo Fighters, who have yet to announce any shows in Philadelphia.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:07 PM   #215
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster

I saw the Foo Fighters at the Tower last August during their Acoustic Tour. Unfortunately it looks like they won't be playing Philly....just Wilkes Barre and Atlantic City? I'd love to see them again but my mom gives me shit about spending my money when it could be going to my college tuition bill. I think I'm going to get the album today though.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:40 PM   #216
Fellatio Mask!
Banned

i still can't believe im sitting in the same row as pretzel logic

is he going ot recognize me

Old 09-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #217
adorablywhorabl
Oblivious Virgin

i wish i would have known the presale codes were actually worth a damn this time... i bought 2 AAA pit tix on ebay for $300 and the girl i bought them from got them in the presale.... grrr.... i wasted money on the itunes cd last time n the presale seats SUCKED, why??? oh well i got my front n center pit tix so im happy
and pumpkins23836--- you're seats are right behind mine!

Old 09-25-2007, 06:49 PM   #218
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorablywhorabl
and pumpkins23836--- you're seats are right behind mine!
Oh man, all show long I am going to kick the back of your seat... SO FREAKING HARD!!

Old 09-25-2007, 07:14 PM   #219
adorablywhorabl
Oblivious Virgin

go ahead, i wont be sitting down!

Old 09-25-2007, 09:01 PM   #220
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

JK, see you there.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:13 PM   #221
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellatio Mask!
i still can't believe im sitting in the same row as pretzel logic

is he going ot recognize me
you're in row J brah? who'd you used to be on here?......Sean.....Casey??

Old 09-26-2007, 05:29 PM   #222
Fellatio Mask!
Banned

yeah that's me

i prefer graveflower because its more indicative of my real personality than my christian name

Old 09-27-2007, 08:48 AM   #223
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

By the way if you aren't pale blue eyes, Sean Casey or a guest of them I will rudely ignore you at this show so don't bother speaking with me.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:05 AM   #224
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

Quote:
By the way if you aren't pale blue eyes, Sean Casey or a guest of them I will rudely ignore you at this show so don't bother speaking with me.
I'd be afraid the albinism is contagious, you pasty bastard.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #225
mayday
Apocalyptic Poster

i might be going to the one friday night i haven't decided yet

Old 09-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #226
sherm
Pledge

buy my tickets.. ill sale them at cost

Old 09-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #227
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
lololololol

Old 09-29-2007, 12:16 AM   #228
mayday
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherm
buy my tickets.. ill sale them at cost

what seats do you have?

Old 09-29-2007, 04:43 PM   #229
LoveJones
Pledge

I've got a bunch of great single seats posted on YouTube for Friday 10/19's show. Excellent seats, and at a very good price. A lot are piggyback aisle seats so you can still go with someone else.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:45 PM   #230
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveJones
I've got a bunch of great single seats posted on YouTube for Friday 10/19's show.
YouTube is where I go for my scalped ticket needs!

Old 09-30-2007, 01:30 AM   #231
Chuck=Zero
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs up

I was in the Tower Theater tonight for the first time to see Jim Gaffigan, and it's smaller than I expected. Lookin' at the same damn seating charts over the past couple weeks I thought the seats I have for the shows would be far away and not offer a great view, but the seating arrangement there is nice. I'm totally satisfied with the seats I have now, and I'm no longer pissed about not gettin' any seats closer than ORCH EE. You've got a nice view of the stage anywhere in the ORCH areas (even on the ends), I didn't get to check out the balcony. They have beer and a wide selection of liquor, I didn't find out what beer they have on tap. They don't give out wristbands, just show ID at the bar. At the start of the show, Jim's opening act, I noticed there was reverb with the sound in the ORCH area, but I quickly adjusted to it and ignored it.

As for Gaffigan, he was just as good as his "Beyond The Pale" shows, his new material is just as hillarious and he added some additional jokes to the old stuff, like Hot Pockets. He did a "meet & greet" after the show in the lobby next to the merchandise table, I doubt everyone who waited afterwards had a chance to meet him 'cause he didn't get out there 'til 8:45 and the second show was starting at 10.

Last edited by Chuck=Zero : 09-30-2007 at 01:36 AM.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:59 AM   #232
mayday
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveJones
I've got a bunch of great single seats posted on YouTube for Friday 10/19's show. Excellent seats, and at a very good price. A lot are piggyback aisle seats so you can still go with someone else.

posted on utube? how does that work? can you pm me the link or info or post it here.

thanks

Old 09-30-2007, 09:02 AM   #233
mayday
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck=Zero
I was in the Tower Theater tonight for the first time to see Jim Gaffigan, and it's smaller than I expected. Lookin' at the same damn seating charts over the past couple weeks I thought the seats I have for the shows would be far away and not offer a great view, but the seating arrangement there is nice. I'm totally satisfied with the seats I have now, and I'm no longer pissed about not gettin' any seats closer than ORCH EE. You've got a nice view of the stage anywhere in the ORCH areas (even on the ends), I didn't get to check out the balcony. They have beer and a wide selection of liquor, I didn't find out what beer they have on tap. They don't give out wristbands, just show ID at the bar. At the start of the show, Jim's opening act, I noticed there was reverb with the sound in the ORCH area, but I quickly adjusted to it and ignored it.
yeah, when i looked at the seating chart it looked like a decently not that large theater. i dont like going to the really large places that hold lots and lots of people.
so your saying the orch seats are good. like what letter seats and sections would you say are good. and is thier pit seats or one of those mosh pit things? i tried to call them friday afternoon and no one was picking up the phone. im pretty sure i want to go to this show friday night.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #234
Chuck=Zero
Apocalyptic Poster

I'd say any ORCH seats in Row SS or closer would be good regardless of whether they're right, left, or center. The rows beyond this point still give you a good view, but there might be some issues with the sound back there being under the balcony. The seats in the PIT section are the same as the rest of the theater, the ol' folding seat, movie style, chairs. So while the PIT is the closest you can get to the stage, it's not a cleared area where you could mosh.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:54 PM   #235
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

How the fuck is the best way to get to this place from the Turnpike coming east? I've never driven through Philadelphia and frankly am not looking forward to it.

I know there is a garage close ... will my car get smashed to pieces by the thugs that live in this area?

Old 09-30-2007, 07:56 PM   #236
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I know there is a garage close ... will my car get smashed to pieces by the thugs that live in this area?
everyone just parks in one of 2 lots, not a garage. and the neighborhood is bad, but your car will be fine.

Last edited by Pretzel Logic : 09-30-2007 at 08:42 PM.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:25 PM   #237
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

I had just read some Internet reviews of the venue saying about 30 cars were broken into on different nights.

If my car gets vandalized I'll be raging mad.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:29 PM   #238
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster

oh...well it's the chance you take i guess. if you park in the lot right off west chester pike you should be fine since it's out in the open and right near the action. the thing i'm always worried about is getting mugged after the show walking back to the car.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:39 PM   #239
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

OK, thanks for the tip. I carry a concealed weapon so I'll shoot a mugger dead.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:50 PM   #240
mayday
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck=Zero
I'd say any ORCH seats in Row SS or closer would be good regardless of whether they're right, left, or center. The rows beyond this point still give you a good view, but there might be some issues with the sound back there being under the balcony. The seats in the PIT section are the same as the rest of the theater, the ol' folding seat, movie style, chairs. So while the PIT is the closest you can get to the stage, it's not a cleared area where you could mosh.
great info! Thank you