Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Music News and Discussion
Register Donations Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Netphoria Message Board.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #511
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

ive had some downtime in the studio lately and have gone through a lot of old hard drives looking at past session. I found some stuff from a band I worked with over 10 years ago. Their 'album' was recorded and they wanted me to mix it. I brought up a bunch of problems and overall shit of the sound and ended up not mixing at all. Later they rerecorded, recorded again, replaced the drummer's tracks, added different guitarists...it's still not finished.

ANYWAY
i mixed a few today. They were convinced their original mixes were good enough for release.

their original mix:

my new mix:

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #512
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

should've had that cowbell run through the whole song

Old 03-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #513
Trotskilicious
This is a Local Shop

i've listened to indie albums with the sound quality of #1 but i still like it better when they get some moneys and have a professional do it

Old 03-30-2014, 05:43 AM   #514
barden
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
here is Boutros Bubba's first official music video! we've split up in october, but that doesnt matter

hey this is great.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:08 PM   #515
soniclovenoize
Apocalyptic Poster

Well well well i looks like the Awkward Bodies album is finally done and available for you to download...
http://awkwardbodies.bandcamp.com/album/get-left

It's kind of a shoegaze/noise-pop/dream-punk album, with loud guitars and some vocal harmonies and shit like that.

I suppose it kinda references Siamese Dream in a way, that sort of thing. So if you dig that or stuff like My Bloody Valentine or Ride or Catherine Wheel (the band not the Netphorian) then maybe give it a try whydon'tchya?

Old 04-16-2014, 04:18 PM   #516
slunken
Virgo

Well well well

Old 04-17-2014, 12:12 PM   #517
soniclovenoize
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
Well well well
Oh well

Old 04-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #518
The exploding boy
Pledge

Well i'm in the process of making an album. I'm in a duo with my gf. I write all music and play everything, she sings and write lyrics. Problem is she hasn't laid any tracks down yet. So these are early no vocals mix. I have about 9 songs done now but only these I feel more comfortable sharing in their current state.

I'm heavily influenced by 80's new wave post punk and pop. The Cure, New Order, Altered Images and such rank high on the influences list. If you don't like willingly "cheap" keyboards, you've been warned. These are structured like songs with lyrics (verse chorus verse chorus bridge, etc) because as mentioned there will be some. this is home "produced" by myself, plugged straight into garageband so be lenient on the production. (Disclaimer: the pictures/paintings used on the art on these uploads aren't mine but until i'm making money off this, who gives a s...also it looks like ass cause youtube fucks up the images badly..i wish I knew how not to have it do that)

The hang of Thursdays:

Mono No Aware:

Still Life:

In headlights (this one the guitar kinda sounds like ass but whatevs, I tried everything short of buying a new guitar...I probably shouldn't post it as if I cant make it sound any better i'm probably gonna scrape it, don't play single notes with a shit guitar...)

And this is meant to be just an instrumental, probably the opening track. Just keyboards on a repetitive beat (the beat was a sample, I liked the 80's drum sound but not that I couldnt alter it...). I was going for Vangelis but ended up sounding more like Enya I guess..... Oh well. I wrote this just after coming home with my keyboard after buying it in February. First song I composed on keys (I started playing keys less than a year back..first tune I taught myself? Mellon Collie of course)

Reykjavik

Sponsored Links

Google