Shallowed
Braindead

Old 07-01-2018, 05:22 PM   #2042
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
yeah i had a friend who had stomach reduction surgery. i couldn't recognize him after a year. but it's tough. he was always hungry and eating more than he could handle and then getting sick.

can't believe they still haven't told you about your liver. that sucks. how long could it possibly take? they're not being very sensitive.
this will actually kill hunger as well as make it impossible to eat more than a few oz at a time. you can't even drink water at the same time as you eat if you want to actually fit food. they take out a large amount the cells that make ghrelin (in the stomach), which is the major hunger hormone, so you don't produce much of it anymore.

Last edited by reprise85 : 07-01-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Old 07-01-2018, 05:31 PM   #2043
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
don't wish to be redundant but i'm hoping for the best for you reprise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
thanks dudes

i'm going to call tomorrow about the liver stuff

Old 07-01-2018, 05:44 PM   #2044
Shallowed
Braindead

I didn't see all the stuff on the previous page, I posted that because I literally dreamed that last night

But I wish you well for the procedure

Old 07-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #2045
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
So, I gave my friend I like a call and we talked about shit. She said she really appreciated the call and we both agree that we don't want to lose each other as friends.

So I guess all is good, but I won't know she isn't just being polite until we hang out again. But I want to give it some time before we hang out again, and then do group activities instead vof anything that could be interpreted as a date.
Well, I guess it turns out that we probably didn't actually set everything straight, because she's essentially be ignoring me ever since.

Kinda hurts because I felt we had a close friendship. Oh well.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:35 PM   #2046
Elphenor
Braindead

that's a bummer, sorry

Old 07-02-2018, 04:05 PM   #2047
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Yeah, it's a bummer, because she was essentially one of the only two friends that I ever took the risk of discussing personal/serious stuff with, and both of them eventually just ignored me.

With the other one, the last time she and I hung out, she literally said to my face something like "lol I dunno why I never respond to Disco King, I respond to [other friend we were sitting with] right away." I can understand that nobody likes to be around a downer and take on the burden of all their baggage and issues, but I had literally only disclosed some things to her once, and most of the rest of the time, we would just have casual conversations or we'd be discussing her issues instead. The girl I was talking about in my previous post, I was also judicious about what hang-ups I shared with her (it obviously wouldn't be right to complain to one of the women who had rejected me about how everybody rejects me and how lonely I am, that would just come across as manipulative and guilt-tripping, so I never mentioned that shit to her), and I definitely spent more time listening to the tough things she was going through than complaining about myself.

I think I just need to stop making my happiness dependent on how other people value me. I get too excited when things are going well with a friend. I need to just focus on myself and not expect fulfillment to come out of interpersonal connection.

Too bad I never have the energy to work on any of my personal hobbies and passions anymore and grow to resent those things more and more every day, haha. Can barely get myself to sketch or play guitar or whatever these days. So much for satisfaction and fulfillment from personal hobbies, haha.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:06 PM   #2048
Elphenor
Braindead

I got to talk to the foxy bluevest today and she is as goofy as me and not the warehouse secretary angel that my myopia and low self-esteem would create, but still pretty rad

she has a nose ring and those neck band thingies and her nails had aliens on them

Old 07-02-2018, 04:07 PM   #2049
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:

I think I just need to stop making my happiness dependent on how other people value me. I get too excited when things are going well with a friend. I need to just focus on myself and not expect fulfillment to come out of interpersonal connection.
I'm the opposite of an expert but I think interpersonal connection is like the whole game, man

Old 07-02-2018, 04:11 PM   #2050
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I got to talk to the foxy bluevest today and she is as goofy as me and not the warehouse secretary angel that my myopia and low self-esteem would create, but still pretty rad

she has a nose ring and those neck band thingies and her nails had aliens on them
The girl you were trading glances with? Are you, like, crushing on her? And have you still got a girlfriend?

Not judging, just wondering what the scenario is.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:23 PM   #2051
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I'm the opposite of an expert but I think interpersonal connection is like the whole game, man
I dunno, friendships where we just talk about common interests and topics (science, philosophy, politics, music, whatever) and drink or whatever seem to go fine.

But the few times I step into making myself vulnerable and having personal convos, I just end up getting abandoned.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:23 PM   #2052
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Yeah, it's a bummer, because she was essentially one of the only two friends that I ever took the risk of discussing personal/serious stuff with, and both of them eventually just ignored me.

With the other one, the last time she and I hung out, she literally said to my face something like "lol I dunno why I never respond to Disco King, I respond to [other friend we were sitting with] right away." I can understand that nobody likes to be around a downer and take on the burden of all their baggage and issues, but I had literally only disclosed some things to her once, and most of the rest of the time, we would just have casual conversations or we'd be discussing her issues instead. The girl I was talking about in my previous post, I was also judicious about what hang-ups I shared with her (it obviously wouldn't be right to complain to one of the women who had rejected me about how everybody rejects me and how lonely I am, that would just come across as manipulative and guilt-tripping, so I never mentioned that shit to her), and I definitely spent more time listening to the tough things she was going through than complaining about myself.

Too bad I never have the energy to work on any of my personal hobbies and passions anymore and grow to resent those things more and more every day, haha. Can barely get myself to sketch or play guitar or whatever these days. So much for satisfaction and fulfillment from personal hobbies, haha.
yeah I hate the feeling of not being important enough to respond to

I don't really have any normal hang out friends, people you might go have a drink with, I'm not sure if that's something I want

I have made a few attempts, but it never ends up being a regular thing, I don't really know what's up with that, I don't, uh, bond very well

my very personal friends were made when I was a teenager and are in different parts of the country

Old 07-02-2018, 04:40 PM   #2053
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
The girl you were trading glances with? Are you, like, crushing on her? And have you still got a girlfriend?

Not judging, just wondering what the scenario is.
yes and yes but there are some complications with our thing and she is not talking to me atm

Old 07-02-2018, 05:28 PM   #2054
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:

nose ring, choker, and aliens on her nails. def a unique millennial with 90s style.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:32 PM   #2055
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Tell her to make a netphorian account so I can pos rep the nail aliens.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:42 PM   #2056
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
nose ring, choker, and aliens on her nails. def a unique millennial with 90s style.
I was hoping it was more a siouxsie sioux thing re the choker (such an aggressive word for it)

Old 07-02-2018, 05:46 PM   #2057
Elphenor
Braindead

it's basically acceptable if the right popular musican wore it yessir that's what I'm saying

Old 07-02-2018, 06:10 PM   #2058
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Well, so long as you're focusing on the qualities that matter...

After all, it's best to view potential female love interests as you would your next Funko doll purchase.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:12 PM   #2059
Elphenor
Braindead

would it help if I said none of it would matter if she wasn't small

Old 07-02-2018, 07:40 PM   #2060
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

You need to be asking the important questions.

Like, does she prefer cut or uncut? Who's her favorite Bond villain? Does she put the toilet paper on the roller with the flap over or under?

Old 07-02-2018, 08:09 PM   #2061
Shallowed
Braindead

What's her favourite album by The Fall?

Old 07-02-2018, 09:10 PM   #2062
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
it's basically acceptable if the right popular musican wore it yessir that's what I'm saying
lol

Old 07-02-2018, 09:31 PM   #2063
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I went out with a goth chick the other day.

We got along well and she was cool, but I dunno if she's actually interested.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:36 PM   #2064
Elphenor
Braindead

you gonna introduce us or what

Old 07-02-2018, 10:08 PM   #2065
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I dunno, friendships where we just talk about common interests and topics (science, philosophy, politics, music, whatever) and drink or whatever seem to go fine.

But the few times I step into making myself vulnerable and having personal convos, I just end up getting abandoned.
well I can't even make surface friendships work so you've got a leg up on me

Old 07-02-2018, 10:25 PM   #2066
fuzzyroes
Banned

Well you're friends with all of us

Old 07-02-2018, 11:28 PM   #2067
yo soy el mejor

no one is your friend

Old 07-02-2018, 11:29 PM   #2068
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
well I can't even make surface friendships work so you've got a leg up on me
right, outgoing millennial problems

Old 07-03-2018, 05:51 AM   #2069
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
no one is your friend
talking to yourself again?

Old 07-03-2018, 07:30 AM   #2070
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I've been drinking at 11 am every other day because of the world cup, anyone else watching it?!

It's been real fun, i'm not a sports fan but I enjoy watching the world cup every 4 years. Japan's elimination yesterday was a heartbreaker.