Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2007, 03:14 PM   #1
List On Fork
Pledge

Default BC: "We're never going home"

At the Normal show, BC was talking about how this was their first performance close to Chicago, and ended by saying "We're never going home, but thanks for coming."

Discuss.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:20 PM   #2
redbull
Immortal

ein Witz.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:20 PM   #3
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

he's a washed up jerk.

discuss

Old 10-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #4
Rickpat12
Apocalyptic Poster

He also said that guy in front couldn't mention Eddie Veder.

omg discuss.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #5
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

i will be at the show tonight.

discus

Old 10-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #6
smashkin33
Apocalyptic Poster

thats right philp. are you ready to fucking rock?!

i'm doing my laundry... discuss.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:28 PM   #7
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

i am, i am bringing meh camera and i am gunna take all sorts of crazy photos! hopefully i see some of you jerks there. i am going to wear a sign on the back of my shirt that says 'netphoria' and a 'hello my name is: Waltermcphilp' name tag.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #8
redchandelier
Ownz

if they play Chicago they'll probably play it last

Old 10-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #9
smashkin33
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltermcphilp
i am going to wear a sign on the back of my shirt that says 'netphoria' and a 'hello my name is: Waltermcphilp' name tag.
billy will spit on yuo.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:31 PM   #10
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

watermelonclip!

Old 10-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #11
watermelonclip
Pledge

hollaatchaboi!

Old 10-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #12
redchandelier
Ownz

lol, I always read it as watermenlonchip

Old 10-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #13
redbull
Immortal

WATCH ME CRANK DAT SOULJA BOI

Old 10-07-2007, 03:40 PM   #14
redbull
Immortal

SUPERMAN THAT HO

Old 10-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #15
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redchandelier
lol, I always read it as watermenlonchip
lol, watermenlon, that's not even a word.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:42 PM   #16
redchandelier
Ownz

oops I meant watermelonchip, that was a typo, my bad

Old 10-07-2007, 03:45 PM   #17
mayday
Apocalyptic Poster

yeah that is wierd. i wonder what happened. everybody needs to go home now and then and it's sad that he doesn't like his home anymore. i think chicago is a really cool city. i would never live in LA over Chicago, which is where i think BC's been living lately. LA is horrifying to me. plus my ex boyfriend lives there and he fits in great with all the other plastic people.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:47 PM   #18
redchandelier
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday
i would never live in LA over Chicago
oh god neither would I, I don't really like LA all that much

Old 10-07-2007, 05:16 PM   #19
Cherub Angel
Apocalyptic Poster

Nope never, going back to Chicago......so that's why Corgan bought a ton of real estate in the Chicago area.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #20
i_adore_adore
Apocalyptic Poster

It's so freaking hilarious when you people take Billy so seriously.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #21
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub Angel
Nope never, going back to Chicago......so that's why Corgan bought a ton of real estate in the Chicago area.
He bought that real estate so that no one could live there, ever.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #22
deadaswarhol
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: and I just felt something when I saw her that day at Kroger

Billy Corgan buys a piece of the Gold Coast

Ten months after selling his Victorian painted lady mansion in Lake View for $1 million, former Smashing Pumpkins lead singer and chief songwriter Billy Corgan has paid $2.95 million for a recently renovated, historic six-room condominium on the Gold Coast.

After disbanding the Smashing Pumpkins, Corgan formed a new group, Zwan, which is playing three sold-out shows at the Double Door this weekend.

Through his tour manager, Corgan declined to comment on the purchase of the two-bedroom condo. His tour manager confirmed that the singer-songwriter recently has been staying at the condo while rehearsing for Zwan's current tour, but said the Chicago-area native ultimately intends to lease the condo in a 110-year-old building to someone else. The unit has an oak-paneled living room, reception room, balcony framed by granite columns, four fireplaces, walnut parquet floors and a large terrace.

Corgan has shown an affinity for vintage properties. After moving out of the more than 100-year-old Lake View home at 3448 N. Greenview Ave., which he owned from 1993 to 2001, Corgan temporarily stayed in a penthouse in the Haberdasher Square loft development, 728 W. Jackson Blvd., a former manufacturing building that dates to 1926. And in 2000, the Landmarks Preservation Council of Illinois awarded Corgan its President's Award for his commitment to historic preservation.

Since Corgan sold his Lake View home, one Smashing Pumpkins Web site reported that he has been living in Italy, but in interviews he has declined any comment on his permanent residence.

Singer Courtney Love, whom Corgan dated many years ago, just sold her loft in downtown Manhattan for $3 million after buying it for $2.6 million in January 2001, according to the New York Post. The loft is in the same building where rocker Lenny Kravitz just listed his own, five-bedroom, 7,000-square-foot, multilevel loft for $16 million, after buying the space unfinished in October 2000 for $8 million, the Post reported.

Love also recently listed her almost 3,700-square-foot Spanish-style house on Los Angeles' Westside -- which she bought last June for $3 million -- for about the same price, according to the Los Angeles Times. Love reportedly is looking for another house in the area because her five-bedroom house, which was built in the 1920s, is too small.

Ironically, Love told the Times last year that she sold a four-bedroom, 4,700-square-foot French country-style house on almost 2 acres in the Hollywood Hills -- which she had purchased from Ellen DeGeneres in 1997 for about $3 million -- because she was planning to spend more time in New York and actually wanted something smaller in L.A. She sold the Hollywood Hills home for $3.995 million in March 2001 to British businessman Mike Walley. Love's former Hollywood Hills house made the news in November 2001, after Paul McCartney's fellow Beatle George Harrison died. After Harrison's representatives gave a bogus L.A. address on his death certificate, the county's district attorney revealed in February that Harrison actually had died at Walley's house.

Rocker Tom Petty has paid close to $2.5 million for a three-bedroom oceanfront home in Malibu, Calif., according to the Los Angeles Times. Built in 1974, the house has three fireplaces, Malibu tiles and a courtyard with a fountain, the paper reported ... Fred Durst, frontman for the rock group Limp Bizkit, has sold a house he never moved into in Bel Air, Calif., for $3.7 million because it had "vibes that were not quite correct for him," according to the Los Angeles Times. Last fall, Durst bought the four-bedroom, 6,600-square-foot house, which was once owned by the Doors' Robbie Krieger and has a carving of the Doors playing on one wall, for just under $4 million, the paper reported. Durst recently bought a house with a sound studio in L.A.'s Hollywood Hills, and has listed that home for $1.4 million, the Times reported.
deadbirdie
07-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Corgan pays $6.8 million for mansion on the lake

Former Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan founder and solo rock star Billy Corgan has paid $6.8 million for an 18-room lakefront mansion in the northern suburbs that was designed by celebrated architect David Adler.

Built in 1926, the seven-bedroom Normandy chateau-style mansion sits on more than 6 acres and first was listed in 2000 for $11.9 million. It later was reduced to $9.5 million, then to $8.5 million and finally to $7.5 million before its sale.

The house has a music room, garden room, gallery, great hall, seven fireplaces and 6˝ baths, French parquet flooring and Chinese wallpaper, according to listing information. The property has 354 feet of private beach.

The sellers had owned the mansion since 1946 and Corgan is only the home's third owner, according to listing agent Honore Frumentino of Koenig & Strey.

Corgan is no stranger to Adler's work, having paid $2.95 million in 2002 for a renovated, 3,500- square-foot, six-room, full-floor condo in an Adler-designed building on the North Side that once was a mansion. At that time, Corgan's tour manager and spokesman, Tim "Gooch" Lougee, confirmed that the singer-songwriter was staying at the condo but had intended to lease out the unit. It's not clear whether Corgan plans to reside in both homes.

The rocker previously lived in a Victorian painted lady on the North Side that he bought in 1993 for $455,000 and sold in 2000 for $1 million.

Corgan could not be reached for comment, and Lougee did not return a telephone call.

Frumentino, who would not confirm the buyer's identity, said, "The sellers are very, very thankful that they sold it to a passionate preservationist. They're pleased that the house will remain in all its glory and will remain intact."

Corgan's purchase price is the 10th highest for a home here, surpassed by:

• The $12 million sale of a lakefront house on the North Shore in 2000
• The $11.45 million sale of that same property in 2001
• Two $10 million-plus condo sales on the Gold Coast in 2002
• The $9.9 million purchase last year by Wm. Wrigley Jr. Co. CEO Bill Wrigley of a north suburban lakefront mansion
• The $9.5 million sale of former MarchFirst CEO Robert Bernard's North Side mansion in 2002
• An investment banker's $9.5 million purchase of a mansion in Winnetka in 2002
• The $8.5 million sale of a lakefront house in Wilmette in 2002
• The $7.95 million sale last summer of White Sox slugger Frank Thomas' west suburban mansion.

In addition, Corgan's purchase is the highest price on record that a celebrity has paid for a Chicago-area house, surpassing the $4.79 million author Scott Turow paid in 2001for a north suburban lakefront house.

However, the original sale prices for some of the area's highest-priced celebrity homes aren't available. Basketball great Michael Jordan, for instance, built his massive North Shore mansion from scratch, so no purchase price is available. Talk-show queen Oprah Winfrey gradually bought and combined multiple condominiums in her Near North Side building to create a unit that would surpass the value of Corgan's mansion, according to agents who sell in the area. And Thomas also built his recently sold mansion from scratch.

Corgan's former bandmates also have shown an affinity for the north suburbs. Former Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan drummer Jimmy Chamberlin paid $832,500 in late 2001 for a house on 4.28 acres in the far north suburbs, and former Smashing Pumpkins guitarist James Iha paid $1.05 million in 1998 for a house in the near north suburbs that he sold for $1.16 million in 2001. Iha, who now lives in New York City, still owns a house on the Far North Side of Chicago that he bought in 1994 for $260,000.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:09 PM   #23
exactlythesame
Minion of Satan

Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

"Corgan could not be reached for comment, and Lougee did not return a telephone call."

every article about the smashing pumpkins or billy corgan should include this line

Old 10-07-2007, 06:17 PM   #24
mayday
Apocalyptic Poster

sweetness , if he still owns that house in Chicago its beyond me why he wouldn't want to be in it

Old 10-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #25
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday
plus my ex boyfriend lives there and he fits in great with all the other plastic people.
sounds like someone never got over that relationship

Old 10-07-2007, 08:47 PM   #26
TheNewZackMorri
Demi-God

"as you might have guessed we won't make it home".

you all should've seen it coming.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:55 PM   #27
mayday
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken
sounds like someone never got over that relationship

no, im way over that relationship but in reflection it ticks me off. i'll never ever live in LA. And I hope he's happy there because he belongs there.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:36 PM   #28
redchandelier
Ownz

when he said "we're never going to Chicago", I think he meant it , jokingly, in reference to playing there not going/living there.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:34 PM   #29
stripes
Apocalyptic Poster

noezz sp=grateful deadz

Old 10-07-2007, 11:08 PM   #30
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull
SUPERMAN THAT HO
how do u do that