Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #31
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I think you'll be much better off with roommates...I don't know, I would never live alone. I get depressed and paranoid and lonely too easily. Plus you can share the housework. Housework sucks.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #32
Toby
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Roommates can be alright sometimes....I'm just ready for my lease to end so I can live alone again.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #33
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i live with a lady and her 17 year old son and pay $400 inc. everything. own room and bathroom. you basically just have to find people who are ok with your eccentricities and who have a similar level of cleanliness comfort. and who aren't nazis about anything

there's nothing more depressing than having an argument about paper towels with a 60 year old. find laid back people or you will have arguments about stupid things all the time (ime) and it will suck out your soul

this way you don't have a long term commitment, either.

has been working out for me anyway

i'd rather live alone but the forced interaction is good for me i guess

and with the economy etc lots of people are renting rooms

Last edited by reprise85 : 04-25-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #34
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I dont pay shit, but when I will have to start paying it will only be $100/month I only have two roommates, too.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #35
Cool As Ice Cream

what's all this roommate shit?

Old 04-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #36
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I dont pay shit, but when I will have to start paying it will only be $100/month I only have two roommates, too.
how

are you charging your roommates out the ass?

sexual favors?

Old 04-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #37
Toby

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
how

are you charging your roommates out the ass?

sexual favors?
she pimps out her friends

Old 04-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #38
slunken
Virgo

i live in my studio to cut costs

Old 04-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #39
Dead Frequency
Minion of Satan

Location: They don't know who did it, but they're looking for hardened criminals

I lived with a wannabe Aussie legal assistant from New Zealand in Colorado he was the biggest piece of shit ever. I would get off work late, after crossing the continental divide twice. I got some KFC. I was poor at the time but my job paid well, so I hooked it up. Chicken for days. I got the works. Taters, gravy, corn chicken - all that shit. I had the poor boy feast all spread out. As soon as I started to dig in, he comes out of his room, turns off the light and tells me that it's too late for the light to be on. I turned it back on, stood in front of it and told him to turn it off again.

But I've also had some kickass roommates. Used to live with two drummers with a full setup. We jammed a lot. It was great, but no one wanted to clean after themselves at all. To the point of mice and mold and bullshit. I'm currently living well with another buddy of mine. The roommate deal has the potential to work out well or just not at all. Kind of a crap shoot, really. Cheap tho, my rent is 285, utes like 30-40.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:02 AM   #40
MusicMan4

The idea that anyone here thinks I could handle roommates makes me think I should stop posting because nobody knows me at all here. I mean I fuckigpng rooms with a netphorian for half a year and it was a disaster

Old 04-26-2012, 01:08 AM   #41
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Really? I would not have picked that. So have you or have you not had roommates before? I can't understand what you're saying there about the netphorians for half a year thing.

You might have to go through a few to find the right ones...but it's worth it I reckon. The idea of living alone makes me really anxious, I don't know how anyone does it.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:12 AM   #42
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveflower View Post
The idea that anyone here thinks I could handle roommates makes me think I should stop posting because nobody knows me at all here. I mean I fuckigpng rooms with a netphorian for half a year and it was a disaster
i know it would be hard, i just dont know how feasible it is to do with out, and it will take much longer to save up for a solo apartment.

however if you can do it living alone, fuck yeah go for it

i wasnt around when you had that misadventure but i assume it it was several years ago or more... well whatever, i hope you get out soon

Old 04-26-2012, 01:39 AM   #43
MusicMan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Really? I would not have picked that. So have you or have you not had roommates before? I can't understand what you're saying there about the netphorians for half a year thing.

You might have to go through a few to find the right ones...but it's worth it I reckon. The idea of living alone makes me really anxious, I don't know how anyone does it.
I was a netphorians roommate n Chicago for a little over five months. It was not a good idea. I need to be alone

Old 04-26-2012, 01:39 AM   #44
MusicMan4

The iPad fucks up my typing

Old 04-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #45
vixnix
Socialphobic

Oh yeah my iphone/ipod really wrecks my typing. I never learn either.

I would think that given the kind of people that frequent netphoria, any two netphorians together would be a total disaster. I mean, unless they're sleeping together I guess. Sex can smooth out a lot of disputes.

You've got to go out among the normal people, man. It's easier and less painful than it sounds because they tend to be more easygoing and forgiving than us disgruntled rejects. Plus honestly the housework. Do you like cleaning at all? Because if you don't, you're really going to want to share that around. I mean how many times have you cleaned the bathroom and toilet so far this year?

Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #46
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Frequency View Post
Cheap tho, my rent is 285, utes like 30-40.
ffffuuuucccckkkk

Old 04-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #47
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

immigrate to canada and move in with kyle.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #48
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

del