Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2019, 06:55 PM   #4981
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan

Location: Church of United Bald Lords, praying for your souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty sp View Post
Fulltoke have you seen íKesí?
i have, about 15+ years ago, it's fantastic!

Old 07-29-2019, 06:57 PM   #4982
FoolofaTook
Immortal

Location: You must feel like an honorable paramedic to backup a poor singer's voice!

shore is

at the end i wanted to strangle the older brother, that bastard.

also that bastard jock teacher who made the boy take a freezing shower. i want to strangle him too.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:01 PM   #4983
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan

Location: Church of United Bald Lords, praying for your souls

now for a movie i actually saw: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, on opening night (i know you were wondering)

i really liked it, to the point where i'm almost considering a second trip to the theater for it - if you hated the slow buildup of Hateful 8, then maybe this is still not for you, but it's at least in a more expansive setting - and a really fuckin' well done one at that. Climax was pretty jaw-dropping even by Tarantino's standards, and I'll just leave it at that

Old 07-30-2019, 06:01 AM   #4984
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
shore is

at the end i wanted to strangle the older brother, that bastard.

also that bastard jock teacher who made the boy take a freezing shower. i want to strangle him too.
Fix your spelling boi!

Yeah, that bro is a major douche canoe

Old 07-30-2019, 08:40 AM   #4985
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Once Upon a Time is the best Tarantino film since Jackie Brown

Old 08-02-2019, 04:15 PM   #4986
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power: Season 3

The writing team raised the stakes, and delivered the show's strongest season yet, despite being only six episodes long. While the show's trademark silliness was still prevalent, the writers amped up the darkness and the emotion, and despite all the tonal differences throughout the season, it rarely felt jarring. The second half of the season in particular was strong. As much as I love both Adora and Catra and want them to be friends or more after all is said and done, it was AWESOME seeing the cuffs come off of their rivalry. Despite seemingly fully embracing her dark side and being past the point of no return after her actions in this season, I still have faith that Catra will one day be redeemed. She's too interesting and likeable and sympathetic a character to just devolve into yet another deranged villain hell-bent on destroying everything out of mere spite.

It will be interesting to see where the writers go next with the story, especially considering there does seem to be a grander game in play. And hopefully they give Geena Davis's Huntara something more to do next season.

A

Old 08-05-2019, 11:45 AM   #4987
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Thumbs down

Haywire, a Soderbergh film starring MMA fighter Gina Carano

Years ago I turned this off five minutes in because it seemed like Carano couldn't even sit in a diner convincingly, but this time I stuck with it. It's enjoyable enough but really rote — very standard "mercenary/spy gets betrayed and now has to go after her organization before they catch her" stuff. Worth it to see Carano beating the everloving shit out of several big stars. Grade: B

A Ghost Story

I would love to believe this was every bit as profound as it clearly thought it was, but I just didn't connect with it or understand it at all. There's a nearly ten-minute, two-shot stretch where Rooney Mara silently eats most of a pie and Casey Affleck stands perfectly still in the corner. Again: I didn't get it. Grade: D