Just Hook it to My Veins!

Been going hard on tetris lately.

Old 01-17-2019, 12:11 AM   #483
Skradgee
Boardcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
A sad truth of my life is that i love video games but SUCK MAJOR FUX @ THEM
I have wonderful memories of when I'd PWN my cousins and siblings on the original Super Smash Brothers, every major Christmas Thanksgiving Easter holiday, but these days, I can't beat my bandmates on the Nintendo Switch to save my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
Which version are we talkin'? VR? GameBoy? Other?

Old 01-17-2019, 12:57 AM   #484
yo soy el mejor

for ps2

Old 02-18-2019, 06:03 PM   #485
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

I've decided everything sucks except Castlevania

Old 02-18-2019, 10:12 PM   #486
run2pee
Minion of Satan

For years scientists’ve been trying to get me into a castlevania but they can’t get me into a castlevania

Which one u playin sh’loo

Old 02-19-2019, 10:50 AM   #487
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

At the moment, Rondo of Blood. I got the Castlevania Requiem pack on PS4 that has that and Symphony of the Night, which is the game I'd recommend to absolutely anybody who wants to try a CV game. Huge world, Super Metroidish exploration, hundreds of uniquely animated 2D enemies, beautiful atmosphere, not white-knuckle difficult like the older games, and one of the best soundtracks in all of videogaming. I've played it dozens of times and always come back.

Watching the excellent Netflix series reminded me just how much I missed these games.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:32 PM   #488
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Cool, i need to try symph/night, everyone says it’s the GOAT of all time. Maybe i can download it to my PS3 or something, too bad it’s not on switch

I’ve tried to get into the NES castlevanias but they’re friekin so punishing and something about the graphics and sprites is alienating to me. On paper im supposed to love castlevanias b/c it’s friekin monsters and whips and chains and sexy dudes with pecs and ladies with lipps butts/breasts etc just goin at it on your screen all the time. But i also tried a 3d one on PS3 and couldn’t get the hang of the whip combos and moves and one on my 3ds but just didn’t keep up with it, it was like weirdly anime or something and ridiculous storywise which put me off a bit

Surely it will click for me someday and the time will be right but this is the one franchise i just can’t seem to claw my way into for some reason

Old 02-19-2019, 05:50 PM   #489
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah, you pretty much jumped into the uncomfortable ends of the pool on both sides. The NES ones are cruel and unforgiving, and the DS titles are mostly fun but are ridiculously anime and dumb as fuck. I love them all for what they are but not every game is for everybody.

Symphony is the one that paved the way for all the handheld GBA and DS games, and it had very little in the way of anime influence compared to what followed. It's also on the easy side, and the more you get through the game the more you can absolutely annihilate the hell out of everything with the right weapons. Pretty sure on PS3 as a downloadable (though I think only the PS1 original had the voice acting that was so hilariously bad it became legendary).

Gotta say I'm personally a big fan of the first PS3 Lords of Shadow game. Being a reimagining, it pissed off a lot of purists but I loved the earnest attempt at a gothic horror vibe, influences from the 1992 film here and there, and it's just about the only CV that tried to have a plot.

Old 02-23-2019, 11:15 PM   #490
run2pee
Minion of Satan

That Feeling When....

Just jacked my 1st ride of the nite in gta iv and what could be blastin in that thing but 1978 by the smashen punkens

Old 02-23-2019, 11:16 PM   #491
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Car crashes in this are friekin nuts, so fun

Love crashin me some cars in vidya

Old 02-24-2019, 12:06 AM   #492
FoolofaTook

Ahhh I see those Licking Lemon tall-boy cans on my desk. Those things were the bomb. None of the liquor stores out here carry them anymore. I assume the company went belly up. They were essentially coolers, they were 7% and tasted like 7-up with a tartyer taste. The best part was that a 6 pack of those babies was only 10 dollars. Bang for your buck, indeed!

Old 02-26-2019, 10:33 PM   #493
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Labelle will you help me learn to have fun in animal crossing

So far im a little bored of shaking trees, and these animals are always pissed at me b/c i go for days without playing, and miss their stupid birthday parties or chili offs

Keep thinking if i get more xps ill be able to kill timbra but her + 10 antler attack with shame dmg is really bummin me out

Old 02-28-2019, 06:57 PM   #494
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

If you haven't played the Resident Evil 2 remake, do it. Fantastic game, with a level of quality that every classic remake should aspire to (you paying attention Square Enix? This is the level of quality we're hoping for from the long-gestating Final Fantasy VII remake, whenever they decide to drop that).

I got it for the PS4 but I kinda wish I bought it for the PC cos my PC has more horsepower (i.e.: fewer frame rate drops). The game made me jump a few times, too; it's legit scary at times.

So yeah, go play it.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:24 PM   #495
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Angry

Just found out through sheer happenstance that there's a new Toejam & Earl game, getting excellent reviews, and for the first time in many a year I am furious that I don't have a game console

That first game for the Genesis, man, my best friend and I played that every day for forever

Old 02-28-2019, 11:42 PM   #496
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Just found out through sheer happenstance that there's a new Toejam & Earl game, getting excellent reviews, and for the first time in many a year I am furious that I don't have a game console

That first game for the Genesis, man, my best friend and I played that every day for forever
man i know this feeling. every once in a while that happens to me with a game, and i go through this cycle of seriously contemplating putting down the big cash for a console or a bigboy pc, only to finally go "meeeeh" and relent, thinking that it's not worth it, but resenting myself a little for not just going for it.

only a few months ago i went really far down that rabbithole and was an inch away from pulling the trigger on a gaming laptop, but ultimately i just couldn't feel like i could justify it. plus i didn't wanna be that dude in the coffeeshop with an angular jet black/satan red laptop. METAL.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:57 PM   #497
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I was partway through forming some remark about red/black cheese as I approached the end of your post, too.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:02 AM   #498
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
man i know this feeling. every once in a while that happens to me with a game, and i go through this cycle of seriously contemplating putting down the big cash for a console or a bigboy pc, only to finally go "meeeeh" and relent, thinking that it's not worth it, but resenting myself a little for not just going for it.

only a few months ago i went really far down that rabbithole and was an inch away from pulling the trigger on a gaming laptop, but ultimately i just couldn't feel like i could justify it. plus i didn't wanna be that dude in the coffeeshop with an angular jet black/satan red laptop. METAL.
Game that did it for me and got me back into gaming/collecting after about 10 yrs of the hobby being dormant was alien: isolation. Just couldn’t resist. Got a PS3 to run that, then started buying up all the million cheep 10/10 PS3 games. Then figured i ought to get a 3ds to play links between worlds. Then got a switch b/c breath of the wild. Slowly realizing i need to slow it down and play what i have, it was getting outta hand there for awhile

Old 03-01-2019, 12:25 AM   #499
run2pee
Minion of Satan

If id just been strong i would be so much richer plus with the free time i might have done something healthier like learn the 9 tones of Cantonese or sprout some musclegroups

Old 03-01-2019, 12:27 AM   #500
run2pee
Minion of Satan

So, stay strong as long as you can. Once you have the console then you’re gonna be all like “but oh lookie here at this over here! Woah but 90 on metacritic! Wow but let me just buy that maybe that’ll take the pains away, finally

Old 03-01-2019, 12:29 AM   #501
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I recently learned that the most offensive phrase in Mandarin sounds more or less like "biow zzz," if that helps.

It's very similar to "bao zzz," which refers to steamed buns.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:57 AM   #502
Disco King
Minion of Satan

"Oh no, I said steamed hams! That's what I call hamburgers!"

Old 03-01-2019, 02:08 AM   #503
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I recently finished Dishonored. Officially a favourite game of mine, though the ending is very anticlimactic. Especially on a low-chaos run, the final enemy is no harder to incapacitate from behind than any generic henchman, and then all you have to do is open a damn door, and you're done.

Like, I don't understand why they gave actual boss fights in two random levels just prior to the final one, and then the last level is no harder and doesn't even stand out from the typical levels. The last level is actually amongst the least challenging.

Still, a very creative game that allows even more player choice and lateral thinking than games that are marketed as free-roam sandbox games. Looking at you, GTA games, that claim to let the player do anything, but show you a game-over screen as soon as the player deviates from the prescribed method of playing the level. Why can't more games be like Dishonored and MGSV?

Also BTW, why does the devil sound like a teenager in Dishonored? His voice actor doesn't really fit the character.

Old 03-01-2019, 04:32 AM   #504
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
I recently learned that the most offensive phrase in Mandarin sounds more or less like "biow zzz," if that helps.

It's very similar to "bao zzz," which refers to steamed buns.

[open nerd] in pinyin (alphabetized chinese) it's "biaozi", which means bitch or whore. i mean you probably don't wanna be throwing that around, but to my knowledge at least, it's definitely not the worst. "cao ni ma" (pronounced "tsao") means "fuck your mother" and oh boy, that one's considered taboo as fuck.

so this one time, a good friend of mine was catsitting in her friend's apartment in what was a bit of a fancier compound, a bit outside of downtown. so i grabbed my bike (same ones from the famous derailleur incident) and went over to visit her.

getting in was easy annd smooth, but upon leaving to go home at around 11pm, the gate was all locked and there was no way of getting out i could see nearby. 15 meters from the gate, chilling out all maxxin' relaxin', were two security guards hanging about at the lobby of one of the buildings.

so i get the guy's attention and say something to the extent of "hey, can you help me out, open the gate?". the two share a laugh at my stupid foreigner chinese, and the guy tells me to go look for some other exit located at the opposite side of the compound, which is huge, and leads to who knows where, and would be difficult to find in the dark, and i don't know that part of town anyway like, at all.

so i kinda try pleading with them but to no avail, they can't be fucked to walk literally 15 meters and open the gate. so this goes on until i see some guy walking up to the gate from the other side. he opens it, i rush over and manage to catch it before it closes. so before i rush off, i think "what the hell".

i get the guys' attention again, and go "EI! CAO NI MA!". the minute those words came out of my mouth the two dudes were already on their feet and running angrily towards me, lol. but i was already paddlin' at full speed.

yes i know i'm a child, but it's kinda hilarious how in certain languages you could have this easy of an access to a "GO APESHIT" button in a guy's brain.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:37 AM   #505
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Angry

STAY ON TOPIC OR FACE PERMABANSHIP FOREVER. SECRET SERVICE HAS BEEN INFORMED OF YOUR CRIME.

now what was that you said about the board needing loosening up?

Old 03-01-2019, 07:41 AM   #506
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
[open nerd] in pinyin (alphabetized chinese) it's "biaozi", which means bitch or whore. i mean you probably don't wanna be throwing that around, but to my knowledge at least, it's definitely not the worst. "cao ni ma" (pronounced "tsao") means "fuck your mother" and oh boy, that one's considered taboo as fuck.

so this one time, a good friend of mine was catsitting in her friend's apartment in what was a bit of a fancier compound, a bit outside of downtown. so i grabbed my bike (same ones from the famous derailleur incident) and went over to visit her.

getting in was easy annd smooth, but upon leaving to go home at around 11pm, the gate was all locked and there was no way of getting out i could see nearby. 15 meters from the gate, chilling out all maxxin' relaxin', were two security guards hanging about at the lobby of one of the buildings.

so i get the guy's attention and say something to the extent of "hey, can you help me out, open the gate?". the two share a laugh at my stupid foreigner chinese, and the guy tells me to go look for some other exit located at the opposite side of the compound, which is huge, and leads to who knows where, and would be difficult to find in the dark, and i don't know that part of town anyway like, at all.

so i kinda try pleading with them but to no avail, they can't be fucked to walk literally 15 meters and open the gate. so this goes on until i see some guy walking up to the gate from the other side. he opens it, i rush over and manage to catch it before it closes. so before i rush off, i think "what the hell".

i get the guys' attention again, and go "EI! CAO NI MA!". the minute those words came out of my mouth the two dudes were already on their feet and running angrily towards me, lol. but i was already paddlin' at full speed.

yes i know i'm a child, but it's kinda hilarious how in certain languages you could have this easy of an access to a "GO APESHIT" button in a guy's brain.
how long have you been in chinaland now? I mean with a language like that it's probably easy to say something else than you meant, intonation being an important factor and all, but honestly it's admirable that you at least speak some basic Chino.

also nice that got their attention lol

Old 03-01-2019, 10:27 AM   #507
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
My source was reluctant enough to provide "biaozi" that it doesn't surprise me to learn they were holding out.

When Winnie the Pooh gives the activation order, I will know to watch my back.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:46 AM   #508
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:

My host/friend waited until the last day of my visit to inform me i was saying “i” wrong, b/c intonation

Apparently “oh?” is how you intone it for “i,” like when you wanna tell your host’s Mom that “i sure did love them raunchy old chicken feet complete with talons you served as a midnite snack last nite!”

But if you say it more like “ohhhhh” it means “i shit,” as in “gosh i loved shitting those beautiful chicken feet you gave me!”

Immediately explained a lotta the quizzical laughter at my expense

Old 03-01-2019, 11:49 AM   #509
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
My source was reluctant enough to provide "biaozi" that it doesn't surprise me to learn they were holding out.

When Winnie the Pooh gives the activation order, I will know to watch my back.
Did u hear one of the best new horror games got banned in China for the sin of having Winnie the Pooh

Old 03-01-2019, 11:49 AM   #510
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
Did you hear about Tetris 99 yet

You will lose your mind when you play it, if you like Tetris plus battlin