Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2018, 04:07 PM   #331
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Anyone still play games?

Recent snags:

Flipping Death: holy F never seen an art style like this. Feels like playing a darkly comic storybook. Throwing my scythe and teleporting around is fun. Point and click style puzzles are fun, especially when the characters have such character. Poking ppl as the pokmaster is fun. Gosh i like this a lot, although the jumping is a bit broken

Salt and Sanctuary: why do i keep buying hard games? Don’t i know i suck fux at them? Don’t i know the first boss will make me rip scalp until i can find a way to cheese it like a coward? But gosh don’t i like the artstyle and controls? The promise of deep rpg systems to discern and master? Maybe one day when life itself doesn’t feel like a neverending boss battle kicking my ass day/nite, i will be able to happily play this type souls type game for more than half an excruciating hour at a time

Minit: this rules. Black and white hi contrast cartoony sprites rules. Zelda mechanics mixed with 60-second Groundhog Day curse rules. Gosh i like this game a lot, wish ther was more weird games

Old 09-07-2018, 05:04 PM   #332
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i was playing NEO Scavenger which is really fun and difficult until i somehow came to the endgame without any idea i was doing so, and there is basically no real ending story-wise, which pissed me off and i stopped playing it. but it was like $3 and i played it a lot. it is supposed to be roguelike (permadeath) but you can get one shotted and shit so i started using a mod that saved games so that i could actually get far in the game. loser cheater.

i got a shadowrun itch so i played shadowrun: dragonfall and now playing shadowrun: hong kong. pretty fun, i play decker/mage. but i'm so used to open world games and lots of choices. there are some choices and stuff but it's pretty paint by numbers as far as gameplay. not difficult at all. i think i lost one fight the whole game of dragonfall.

i might get salt and sanctuary, that looks kool

Old 09-07-2018, 07:36 PM   #333
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

how soon can we start shitting our collective pants in anticipation of RDR 2?

this is my most anticipated release in probably the last decade. I can't fuckin believe RDR is 8 years old already

Old 09-07-2018, 07:51 PM   #334
Elphenor
Braindead

damn I might have to buy a new gen console just for that

Old 09-07-2018, 09:43 PM   #335
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
how soon can we start shitting our collective pants in anticipation of RDR 2?

this is my most anticipated release in probably the last decade. I can't fuckin believe RDR is 8 years old already
I still need to experience the 1st one

Started it like 5x over the last two three yrs

Keep getting bored af having to kill varmints at Bonnie Mac Ranch, then don’t know what to do with my life once the game turns me loose

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE

Old 09-07-2018, 09:44 PM   #336
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Do i need to get the blueprints for a better horse

Or collect plants first? Do i eat jackalope? When do i get to skin my horse

For example

Old 09-07-2018, 09:57 PM   #337
redbreegull

well you could kill your horse at literally any time and skin it, or you can wait for it to be killed in battle

if you have the golden horse that you get in the bonnie mission though, I would keep it alive as long as possible as it has the best speed to durability ratio

Last edited by redbreegull : 09-07-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:02 PM   #338
redbreegull

from mcfarlane ranch you are gonna want to go to Armadillo and start the storyline with the sheriff there. If you do the first few story missions, you should get to know 2 or 3 characters whose icons on the map will show you where you can go next to move the story forward. IMO the story, characters, and dialogue are the best part of the game, even better than the world, so just start playing. you can do most of the collectible stuff later, or at least after you have dug into the main quest line.

although there is some variability in the mission order and you can do the strangers quests and collectible achievements at any time, nothing you do will change any dialogue or outcomes. There is only one ending. So don't worry too much, there is no better order to do anything in. My personal advice: be a good guy. It's the canonical choice as you can tell from Marston's character, and there isn't much benefit in being some evil motherfucker who gets fired upon as soon as you enter a town

Last edited by redbreegull : 09-07-2018 at 10:08 PM.

Old 09-07-2018, 11:25 PM   #339
Elphenor
Braindead

I remember I galloped off a cliff with my horse like 5 minutes in and landed and the horse just died as I crashed to the ground and I was laughing and then I skinned the horse and was like damn now I have no horse

Old 09-08-2018, 12:44 AM   #340
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

I don't normally buy games at release but I had an EB store credit so i picked up Spider-Man. It's pretty good fun, nothing particularly new but it basically does for Spidey what the Arkham games did for Batman, which is to say: feels just right. Web traversal is a criminal amount of fun, and there's been a couple of really nicely cinematic missions that felt appropriately tense, but I have a feeling that once i've clocked it it'll get put down and never picked back up again. I'd say unless you're a spiderman die hard, wait for sale prices, definitely would have felt ripped off if i'd payed full price.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:17 AM   #341
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
from mcfarlane ranch you are gonna want to go to Armadillo and start the storyline with the sheriff there. If you do the first few story missions, you should get to know 2 or 3 characters whose icons on the map will show you where you can go next to move the story forward. IMO the story, characters, and dialogue are the best part of the game, even better than the world, so just start playing. you can do most of the collectible stuff later, or at least after you have dug into the main quest line.

although there is some variability in the mission order and you can do the strangers quests and collectible achievements at any time, nothing you do will change any dialogue or outcomes. There is only one ending. So don't worry too much, there is no better order to do anything in. My personal advice: be a good guy. It's the canonical choice as you can tell from Marston's character, and there isn't much benefit in being some evil motherfucker who gets fired upon as soon as you enter a town
If they will ever put this game on switch i can probably play it

For now it’s too hard to play the PS3, probably

But thanks for the tips, i’ll try to bother the sheriff first, right after im done jumping on ppl at the saloon

Old 09-08-2018, 10:18 AM   #342
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Does anyone play civ? Was civ 6 any good? Can anyone jump into the series or is it mega complex

Old 09-08-2018, 03:30 PM   #343
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i get excited by the civ games until i play a game and i'm like ok this is too long and i dont even care about Mozambique and stop even trying to keep towns i conquer so i just raze them all because really who can keep track of 30 cities

and i'll try to get a science victory but some asshole always wants war, looking at you GENGHIS

Old 09-09-2018, 05:47 AM   #344
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Does anyone play civ? Was civ 6 any good? Can anyone jump into the series or is it mega complex
I still play a bit of V from time to time, haven't played VI. You can probably jump in okay but it's probably gonna be a matter of aborting a game or two while you learn the mechanics. You need to have a lot of patience, especially if you're planning on playing with other people, but it's a fantastic series, really rewarding when you get the hang of it.

Old 09-09-2018, 04:39 PM   #345
Graveflower
Pledge

Shenmue is still better than like, every other game
Most don't know this

Old 09-15-2018, 06:19 PM   #346
Graveflower
Pledge

unbelievable how many people deny this simple truth

Old 09-15-2018, 06:29 PM   #347
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

my phone was giving me articles about shenmue today. i've never looked it up, only heard about it here. fucking crazy ass technology watching every fucking word

Old 09-15-2018, 06:31 PM   #348
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveflower View Post
unbelievable how many people deny this simple truth
Talk to us about shenmue in here, then

Old 09-15-2018, 06:53 PM   #349
Graveflower
Pledge

it's a masterpiece of storytelling, has incredible graphics and animation, was the first game to create a genuinely immersive open world, has a great balance of things you have to do, it's an open world RPG from 99 but the combat is literally Virtua Fighter and there's just so much to do that it still mostly holds up today, although they should have added some of the quality of life improvements from II

Old 09-15-2018, 09:58 PM   #350
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

sounds cool

i just played and beat dishonored. very cool game, although the bone charm/rune upgrade system was pretty lackluster. the gameplay and story made up for it though. im downloading the dishonored 2 demo but i'm not holding my breath, my cpu and gpu both don't meet minimum

Old 09-15-2018, 11:07 PM   #351
Graveflower
Pledge

i never played dishonored

part of it sounds appealing but it also sounds too easy to play it as an action game instead of the stealth no/minimal kill game it probably should be

i guess i should be open to multiple play styles to suit the individual playing the game but i hate when you get caught up in stealth games and your options are to reload a checkpoint or even a save or to just firefight your way through after getting discovered

Old 09-15-2018, 11:08 PM   #352
Graveflower
Pledge

one o the biggest problems i had w/ last of us even though i thought the game was narratively a near-masterpiece

Old 09-15-2018, 11:28 PM   #353
run2pee
Minion of Satan

I have dishonored in the ps3 tray at home

Been there a couple weeks

Ppl say it’s the most beautiful game i haven’t started since mellon collie

It’s just sitting there

Old 09-15-2018, 11:30 PM   #354
Graveflower
Pledge

love mellon collie, the game

the jellybelley stealth sections are so intense....

...you're nowhere, you're nowhere...

killl me

Old 09-15-2018, 11:32 PM   #355
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveflower View Post
it's a masterpiece of storytelling, has incredible graphics and animation, was the first game to create a genuinely immersive open world, has a great balance of things you have to do, it's an open world RPG from 99 but the combat is literally Virtua Fighter and there's just so much to do that it still mostly holds up today, although they should have added some of the quality of life improvements from II
Mmmm, i would like to play this

But i don’t own anything that will play it, apparently

Old 09-15-2018, 11:36 PM   #356
Graveflower
Pledge

it's on steam, I assume since you're posting that you have a PC? it's a port of a Dreamcast game from 1999, your PC should play it

Old 09-15-2018, 11:40 PM   #357
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Nah, posting from a phone, only computers are a couple broken mac laptops that you have to plug into the wall and wait 25 minutes for them to think about are they ready to turn on, then another 15 wait for the internet to download

Old 09-15-2018, 11:41 PM   #358
run2pee
Minion of Satan

But got a butt ton consoles:
NES
SNES
N64
Ps2
Wii
Ps3
3DS
Switch

Old 09-15-2018, 11:52 PM   #359
Graveflower
Pledge

check this out (seems like bragging but i realize it's actually sad):

Atari 2600
NES
Sega Master System
Sega Genesis
Super NES
Turbo Grafx 16
Game Boy
Game GEar
Sega CD
Sega 32X
Sega Nomad
Atari Lynx
Panasonic 3DO
Playstation
Atari Jaguar
Tiger Game.com
Saturn
Dreamcast
Nintendo 64
Playstation 2
Gamecube
Xbox
Vita
3DS
Xbox360
Playstation 3
Nintendo Wii
NIntendo WiiU
Playstation 4
Nintendo Switch
and Steam/Gog etc

j

Old 09-16-2018, 12:00 AM   #360
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Holy shit which is your favorites?

That’s kickass gosh do you ever just spread em out and roll around in em??