Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2017, 12:00 PM   #151
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Yeah, I usually stuck around to get the most amounts of moons before moving on. Only place I didn't want to stick around any longer than necessary was the Luncheon Kingdom (haaated that place) but I got lost trying to find where to go at a point and got a bunch of hidden moons accidentaly before I found my way.

Hm there's a lot of cool outfits! I used the Builder Mario one, the caveman costume is kinda hilarious as well.

I really liked turning into goombas and making huge goomba stacks as well. But the best was turning into a hammer bros. and wiggling the controller to throw pans/fireballs mad quick.
Did you have a favorite transformation?
Yeah hammer bros is hard to beat but the two transformations that got me most to gigglin and a grinnin was these:

Really like stretchin its legs and goin "pop" and tumble/jumpin around

The hd rumble really shines with these inchworm thingies "tropical wigglers" apparently they're called; man i had a blast growin long with these, wavin my weird face around

Old 12-26-2017, 03:49 PM   #152
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Anyone play la noire? Any good? There's a switch port im consider as a fuckmas gif to myselves

Old 12-26-2017, 03:55 PM   #153
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
lol skyrim is $40 still cuz they did some ultimate edition or whatever. fuck you steam
That's bullshit maybe you can find the old version

I'd strongly recommend it if you enjoy the Bethesda style open world game and want some fantasies. So far I've found it most entertaining as a hiking simulator, avoiding the main story and the more boring "go here kill dis bring back dat" quests, and generally trying to keep my mage out of as many pointless brawls as possible while enjoying the scenery and amazing sound design with headphones on

Last night I was poking around some hot springs trying to find a way around an icy cragland so I can have these unusual gems appraised in riften when i heard an ominous reptilian moaning mixed into the already-grim complaint of the chilly winds...turned to look at the foggy sky and caught glimpse of big black wings flappin high overhead. Legit gave me the chills of immersion, felt fun as f

Old 12-27-2017, 04:53 PM   #154
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

ive played baldurs gate for 32 hours in 7 days

saturday i start working more so this is my vacation i guess

Old 12-29-2017, 08:22 AM   #155
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Started playing Arkham Knight...

People weren't kidding when they said the Batmbobile gets tiresome. Absolutely nothing about it is fun. But they force you to use it for every task. The sorts of things you would be able to do with the tools in Batman's utility belt in the old games, Batman is all like "I NEED MUH CAR FOR THIS" in the latest one.

All the fun parts of Arkham Knight are the things they carried over from the past games. Like the stealth mode.

I'm not too far into the story, because I just started today, but it's kinda dumb so far... the character who is definitely not Jason Todd is annoying and whiny as fuck. The game comes up with yet another excuse for why there are no civilians in Gotham, and any NPC hanging out on the street can safely be assumed to be a bad guy. Apparently, the poison blood the Joker infected innocent patients with also imbues those patients with his personality, because everybody knows personality is stored in the blood cells. And Batman decides to kidnap these people and detain them indefinitely in his secret lair, because that's a totally cool and non-supervillain-ish thing to do.

Also, I think I may have punched The Riddler too hard in the head in the last game, because in this game, he seems to be confused about how riddles (the things he named himself for) work, and has made the common mistake of conflating them with racetracks. Despite both things starting with the letter 'r,' they are actually quite distinct, and not good substitutes for each other. I would forgive most people this minor error, but Riddler, having had constructed his entire criminal identity around one of these things and not the other, should really know better.

I mean, imagine tuning in to NASCAR to see Danica Patrick trying to solve a crossword puzzle before her opponents. This might slip by the casual fan unnoticed, but an avid follower of the sport who is familiar with auto-racing technique would probably realize that something was wrong, and might say, "hey, I don't think Danica Patrick is racing in her car properly. It looks like she is solving riddles instead. That is a different thing."

Old 12-29-2017, 08:24 AM   #156
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

I want Alex Kidd so badly

C'mon Sega release it all ready!

Old 12-29-2017, 07:35 PM   #157
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Anyone play la noire? Any good? There's a switch port im consider as a fuckmas gif to myselves
I did play it through, but never felt like it lived up to its potential.

Obviously, it's an interesting concept and probably also the closest thing we've got to a Police Quest game for the modern age. Only, the investigative process didn't always seem to make complete sense and it'd occasionally annoy me to discover the exceedingly tenuous links between evidence and conclusion. The game world and mechanics were also noticeably inferior to various other titles, greatly limiting how much fun you can stretch out of driving around and gunfights.

TL;DR Probably worth it if you've found a cheap enough deal and don't go in with high expectations.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:06 PM   #158
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Yeah hammer bros is hard to beat but the two transformations that got me most to gigglin and a grinnin was these:

Really like stretchin its legs and goin "pop" and tumble/jumpin around

The hd rumble really shines with these inchworm thingies "tropical wigglers" apparently they're called; man i had a blast growin long with these, wavin my weird face around
Yes! the little onion guys are so cool!
I also really liked the pokey bird

and becoming the slab of meat, at which point all you can do is wiggle.
damn, what a fun game.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:19 PM   #159
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Finished Nier: Automata. The end-game narrative dips into a convoluted, esoteric jumble (not quite as bad as, say, Metal Gear Solid 2, but close). That said, now that I have seen the whole story, many of the inconsistencies of the main characters wind up making sense in the end (why does 2B, who is supposed to be an emotionless android soldier, abruptly get so upset at points over the fate of 9S? When you find out why, it makes the game a LOT more interesting), and I appreciate how the story did that. I've actually gotten all of the achievements but I still want to play through it one more time and experience the story.

The visuals look like a PS3 game but they're still gorgeous, if a bit samey. The music is fantastic; one of the best game soundtracks I've heard in recent memory.

And you get to fight zombie robot clowns.

And ride a moose.

An 8 out of 10.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:55 PM   #160
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
I did play it through, but never felt like it lived up to its potential.

Obviously, it's an interesting concept and probably also the closest thing we've got to a Police Quest game for the modern age. Only, the investigative process didn't always seem to make complete sense and it'd occasionally annoy me to discover the exceedingly tenuous links between evidence and conclusion. The game world and mechanics were also noticeably inferior to various other titles, greatly limiting how much fun you can stretch out of driving around and gunfights.

TL;DR Probably worth it if you've found a cheap enough deal and don't go in with high expectations.
Thank you, the points you mentioned were my major misgivings so your advice saved me like $60

Instead last nite i snagged Axiom Verge, Retro City Rampage, Golf Story and Oxenfree from the eShop

HOL SHIT RETRO CITY RAMPAGE HOW DID I NOT KNOW OF U

Old 01-01-2018, 02:01 PM   #161
Elphenor
Braindead

Old 01-03-2018, 01:21 PM   #162
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

I was all excited for Mario Odyssey. I beat it, and...meh. Don't really feel arsed to go back and get more moons. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually but there's no goddamned way I'm wasting time on all 999 of them.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:27 PM   #163
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
I was all excited for Mario Odyssey. I beat it, and...meh. Don't really feel arsed to go back and get more moons. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually but there's no goddamned way I'm wasting time on all 999 of them.
Yah didn't it feel friekin short af

Old 01-03-2018, 01:34 PM   #164
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Shad, what else you playing on yur sweetch let us know in the comments below how u likes it and don't forget to hit subscribe

I am finding there is a dearth of thorough/trustworthy reviews out there for the million eShop games

8 bit Eric is too noncommittal/meandering while beat em ups is entertaining but shallow; not sure how much he actually plays the shts before he vlogs em

Old 01-03-2018, 06:20 PM   #165
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Being the retro/indie fan that you seem, did you ever have a go at Punch Club?

I never quite got into it, but still wonder if things were about to get good. It was a bit like playing out a Van Damme training montage.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:39 PM   #166
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Shad, what else you playing on yur sweetch let us know in the comments below how u likes it and don't forget to hit subscribe
Ahh, the tried tested and true formula of all youtubers and podcasters everywhere (I should know).

Absolutely one thing on the Switch apart from Mario and that was Zelda, which I still haven't finished. I did that thing I always do where I get to 99% of being done with a game I love and I just move on to something else because I hate the notion of being finished with it. I need to finish the blood moon shrine and go kill Ganon, and that's it (barring koroks. Fuck that shit)

I don't do anywhere as much gaming as I once did, but man alive I'm looking forward to Red Dead 2 this year, if indeed this year it lands in.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:20 AM   #167
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Being the retro/indie fan that you seem, did you ever have a go at Punch Club?

I never quite got into it, but still wonder if things were about to get good. It was a bit like playing out a Van Damme training montage.
This the 1st mention of it ive come across, ill have to check it out

I didn't play anything new until like a year or so ago, was living an ascetic life of replaying my old snes games, until killtrocity on this very board tipped me off to a deal on ps3 and ive been back into collecting and gaming like a fiend ever since

Old 01-10-2018, 11:02 PM   #168
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i beat baldur's gate. 77 hours
now i started BG2. awesome that you can important your characters.

Old 01-22-2018, 03:35 PM   #169
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I played the first episode of that Telltale Batman game last night.

It's my first time playing that sort of game. It's essentially just an interactive movie. The quicktime events during combat are pointless, and I could do without them entirely (they don't make it a good game, just a bad movie), but the ability to actually choose the character's responses and actions are the fun part. Too bad it seems like none of your actions really have that much impact on the story, but maybe that's because I'm only on the first episode.

I always felt that Batman as a character came off as a little stale and stiff in the Arkham games, where half of his lines are essentially spouting things like "I'll stop you, Joker!" The Telltale series actually gives him a personality, and it kinda recalls the socially awkward Michael Keaton Bruce Wayne, who finds himself very uncomfortable living the socialite life and prefers to sit in front of a computer in a musty cave. A Batman I can relate to.

As you can see, I'm not a gamer, so I essentially only play licensed games because I'm like, "oh, I recognize that character."

Old 01-22-2018, 08:17 PM   #170
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I just finished that one, as it happens. Along with the reprise85-esque offering of Deux Ex: Mankind Divided, it was one of the free games on Playstation Plus for January.

Somehow getting the second one for free is on the agenda.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:15 AM   #171
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

I'm about half way through the remaster of Shadow Of The Colossus. Never played it back in the day and was kinda apprehensive that it might have been overhyped but i'm having great time with it. It shows its age in places but the art direction and concept execution both are so strong that you forget you're playing a game design from two console generations back. Glad i'm getting this opportunity to experience it, even if maybe it would have blown my mind a bit harder when i was younger.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:44 PM   #172
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Finally beat Zelda after putting off Hyrule castle for like five months. DLC time.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:01 PM   #173
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i finished baldur's gate 2 about a week ago. such a fun game. there's a second part of the game that was added later, i guess kind of DLC before DLC was common. so i'm playing that now. my characters are crazy powerful

Old 02-26-2018, 04:06 PM   #174
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
my characters are crazy powerful
But can they do this?

Old 03-14-2018, 05:28 PM   #175
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I've been meaning to check out the GTA series for some time (especially because I like a lot of those open-world superhero games based on the GTA gameplay), and finally got around to playing one. The newest one is too expensive, so I downloaded GTA IV.

I dunno, this is apparently one of the best games ever developed, but I'm not seeing the appeal. Controls feel kinda clunky, especially for combat. They also feel needlessly complex, with too many things to remember.

Driving is a headache, because it's very difficult to drive properly, but the game also penalizes you for driving recklessly. The driving AI doesn't make much sense, either. Cars, for whatever reason, stop at red lights at BOTH SIDES OF THE INTERSECTION, meaning they might go through one set of lights, only to stop in the middle of the intersection at the lights at the other side of the road. I don't know how it is in New York, but where I live, the traffic signals facing you are at the other side of the intersection, and if they are red, they mean you stop before you enter the intersection, not afterward. In this game, both sets of lights are facing you, for some reason. How are you supposed to read lights directly above you?

Character AI is also kinda unrealistic. In one mission, I had to take an NPC on a date. I drive her home, using her car (everybody makes you drive their cars in this game for some reason). Because driving lawfully is nearly impossible, I bump into everything on the way and nearly total her car. Instead of going "wow you dick, you ruined my car; I'm not sure I'm comfortable around you anymore; leave now or I'm calling the cops, and you'll be in a world of trouble if you don't pay for this shit," she goes "wow I had a wonderful time, call me some time."

Also, fuck tapping A to run.

Overall, it's a fine game, though.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:16 PM   #176
Skradgee
Boardcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
I also bought the remastered Uncharted trilogy, the remaster of The Last of Us
I liked the Uncharted games a lot...played through them on normal difficulty. My PS4 came with Uncharted 4 and I didn't want to start there. I haven't played The Last of Us but I've heard good things. Before these, the last adventure games I'd played were Tomb Raider ones.

My main motivation for getting a PS4 was to play South Park: The Fractured But Whole, and Mortal Kombat X.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:22 PM   #177
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

Dig Dug is a great old game.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:55 PM   #178
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I've been meaning to check out the GTA series for some time (especially because I like a lot of those open-world superhero games based on the GTA gameplay), and finally got around to playing one. The newest one is too expensive, so I downloaded GTA IV.

I dunno, this is apparently one of the best games ever developed, but I'm not seeing the appeal. Controls feel kinda clunky, especially for combat. They also feel needlessly complex, with too many things to remember.

Driving is a headache, because it's very difficult to drive properly, but the game also penalizes you for driving recklessly. The driving AI doesn't make much sense, either. Cars, for whatever reason, stop at red lights at BOTH SIDES OF THE INTERSECTION, meaning they might go through one set of lights, only to stop in the middle of the intersection at the lights at the other side of the road. I don't know how it is in New York, but where I live, the traffic signals facing you are at the other side of the intersection, and if they are red, they mean you stop before you enter the intersection, not afterward. In this game, both sets of lights are facing you, for some reason. How are you supposed to read lights directly above you?

Character AI is also kinda unrealistic. In one mission, I had to take an NPC on a date. I drive her home, using her car (everybody makes you drive their cars in this game for some reason). Because driving lawfully is nearly impossible, I bump into everything on the way and nearly total her car. Instead of going "wow you dick, you ruined my car; I'm not sure I'm comfortable around you anymore; leave now or I'm calling the cops, and you'll be in a world of trouble if you don't pay for this shit," she goes "wow I had a wonderful time, call me some time."

Also, fuck tapping A to run.

Overall, it's a fine game, though.
breeg will teach you how to drive

He generously shared with me many of his tips in the late great generic games thread, if you’re inclined to dig for it; definitely helped me enjoy the game a lot more

For me I keep coming back to this gta to live out my sick roadrage fantasy. Just glorious vehicular mayhem/savagery.

Typical sesh begins by driving carefully/polite for a few minutes, then use 1st inevitable fenderbender as justification to SNAP, commit brutal knifing homicide on the other driver and anyone nearby who dares to complains.

End up racing the wrong way on the interstate in someone else’s big SUV, head-on crashing into every car in sight, as punishment just for existing

Really helps shake the creeping bads from a long daily commute irl

Old 03-14-2018, 10:18 PM   #179
buzzard
Minion of Satan

GTA IV was kind of an underwhelming experience, never really living up to the memories of thos earlier games despite looking so much better.

The fifth is definitely a major improvement, though I'm not sure if the multiple protagonists thing ever truly worked.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:50 PM   #180
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Talking

is it fucking hilarious only to me that somebody tried to drive lawfully so hard in GTA, that they complained about trafficlights being wrong?

that was an A+ post, Disco you gotta loosen up dude