Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2021, 10:35 AM   #31
TheAlter
Pledge
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxUpDoc View Post
"Twiggy's aim was way off, resulting with a load of urine in the deaf gal's mouth, at which point "everyone else in the room completely shut down and realized things had gone too far."
Lol there is a whole porn genre built upon that admittedly revolting practice. Do you want to imply the consent is non consent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxUpDoc View Post
Are you for real? One person's account automatically invalidates countless others? Let's get Dita Von Teese's take on every criminal case before asking a jury in future.
It's innocent until proven guilty, honey, not the other way round. Really, you're hopeless. Have a nice day.

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:45 AM   #32
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster
 
VoxUpDoc's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
Lol there is a whole porn genre built upon that admittedly revolting practice. Do you want to imply the consent is non consent?
They asked if they could pee on her, and she said yes but not the eyes, and given their reaction the implication is she wasn't expecting it in the mouth either. This had escalated gradually from asking her to strip in the studio and making increasing demands. Regardless of whether she was into it, and it seems she was fine, the performing monkey act is as degrading in of itself. Other women are saying they weren't into it.

That incident isn't really what we're talking about, but it gives an insight into what these dudes are like.

You think eg. the lead singer of Wolf Alice is lying?

Quote:
It's innocent until proven guilty, honey, not the other way round. Really, you're hopeless. Have a nice day.
The situation is more nuanced, honey. This is an area in which the law is often biased in favor of the abusers - believe the victims, don't defend cunts. Have a shitty day.

 
VoxUpDoc is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:29 AM   #33
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Posts: 2,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxUpDoc View Post

The suspicion is not that he's done stuff as bad as MM, though it's easy to imagine he was a huge asshole, but that he still doesn't see what's wrong with acting that way. He's pals with misogynista Neil Strauss and married someone young enough to be his daughter.
He never married airplane mode.

 
themadcaplaughs is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:43 AM   #34
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Posts: 32,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post

Btw, coercion is a crime in the penal law.
So that makes it moral? This is such a disgusting take.

People don't hold a torch for wanting to out someone years later for no reason, imo. If it's just a relationship gone bad that's not abusive they get over it.

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:47 AM   #35
incubator
Ownz
 
Posts: 906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
Ashley Walters is one of the women claiming abuse. She worked for Manson around 2010 and is friends with Linda and was in the Run 2 Me video. It would be naive to think that stories would not be shared
How often do people share stories of domestic violence and sexual assault in your workplace

 
incubator is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:54 AM   #36
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster
 
VoxUpDoc's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
How often do people share stories of domestic violence and sexual assault in your workplace
Earlier when you said this:

Quote:
Marilyn Manson, by his own admission, treats women badly. Which makes him a perfect target for false accusations of abuse by women that he's publicly spoke about or hinted at abusing.
It was so absurd I assumed you were ripping the piss out of TheAlter.

But based on your subsequent replies I'm beginning to think you were sincere and oblivious to how batshit and victim-blaming this logic is.

 
VoxUpDoc is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:05 PM   #37
TheAlter
Pledge
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
People don't hold a torch for wanting to out someone years later for no reason, imo. If it's just a relationship gone bad that's not abusive they get over it.
Whatever you say, mate.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mythomania

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:13 PM   #38
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster
 
VoxUpDoc's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
So it's more believable to you that multiple women have mythomania, than someone who has talked about being abusive consensually, could be abusive non-consensually?

Even if you doubted an ex-gf, there are unrelated women coming forward with stories of him creeping & filming them without consent.

 
VoxUpDoc is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:16 PM   #39
incubator
Ownz
 
Posts: 906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxUpDoc View Post
Earlier when you said this:



It was so absurd I assumed you were ripping the piss out of TheAlter.

But based on your subsequent replies I'm beginning to think you were sincere and oblivious to how batshit and victim-blaming this logic is.
No you were right the first time.

 
incubator is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:18 PM   #40
incubator
Ownz
 
Posts: 906
Default

When I ask "How often do people share stories of domestic violence and sexual assault in your workplace" I mean I find the idea that WPC definitely knew because so an so was in the RUN2ME music video really crazy.

 
incubator is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:35 PM   #41
TheAlter
Pledge
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxUpDoc View Post
So it's more believable to you that multiple women have mythomania, than someone who has talked about being abusive consensually, could be abusive non-consensually?
That's why you need proof, champ. Believable is a rather subjective category.

The fact that "abuse" has become an umbrella term for everything from actual violence to "You’re not a real musician, because you don’t play an instrument” makes things very difficult for people to sort out. Rational people, that is.

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:41 PM   #42
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster
 
VoxUpDoc's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
That's why you need proof, champ. Believable is a rather subjective category.
Riiiight. So this is just conspiracy & character assassination.
You must have very low opinion of these women I guess.

Quote:
The fact that "abuse" has become an umbrella term for everything from actual violence to "You’re not a real musician, because you don’t play an instrument”
Has it though? I don't think so, friend.

 
VoxUpDoc is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:49 PM   #43
TheAlter
Pledge
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxUpDoc View Post
You must have very low opinion of these women I guess.
You see women as either brave, empowered warriors or poor vulnerable victims incapable to recognize abuse even in situations they have agreed to be in. And i'm the one with a low opinion of women...

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:15 PM   #44
Joey Goldberg
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Joey Goldberg's Avatar
 
Location: in the line for drinks (or is it just tickets to buy the drinks?)
Posts: 3,785
Default

the answer to "will WPC comment on ____" is more often always the same

"no, but probably will!"

 
Joey Goldberg is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:25 PM   #45
TheAlter
Pledge
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Posts: 215
Default



This is abuse btw

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:37 PM   #46
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster
 
VoxUpDoc's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post


This is abuse btw
Where's your evidence? Looks photoshopped to me.

Maybe you have a pathological condition.

 
VoxUpDoc is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:46 PM   #47
TheAlter
Pledge
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxUpDoc View Post
Where's your evidence? Looks photoshopped to me.

Maybe you have a pathological condition.
Thanks Robinson. It was fun. Now i know what it feels like to be B0lly for one day, peace out.

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:01 PM   #48
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: un poco loco
Posts: 36,187
Default

You guys like Philadelphia Brand Crème Cheese?

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:07 PM   #49
Joey Goldberg
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Joey Goldberg's Avatar
 
Location: in the line for drinks (or is it just tickets to buy the drinks?)
Posts: 3,785
Default

post/av

 
Joey Goldberg is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:30 PM   #50
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Location: vortex of lost souls
Posts: 1,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
When I ask "How often do people share stories of domestic violence and sexual assault in your workplace" I mean I find the idea that WPC definitely knew because so an so was in the RUN2ME music video really crazy.
Linda on Twitter -

I have known so many of the horrific stories about Marilyn Manson for years. Everyone should believe Evan Rachel Wood, + my close friend Ashley Walters and the rest of them. It all happened. A lot more than what is public. They have suffered for years dealing with it. So, listen!


There is absolutely no way this wouldn't have got back to Corgan.

 
New Art Rioter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:36 PM   #51
pinetree
Demi-God
 
Posts: 462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
You guys like Philadelphia Brand Crème Cheese?

is there any other brand? also, agree with you about nancy

 
pinetree is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 03:59 PM   #52
smashingjj
that person
 
smashingjj's Avatar
 
Location: mtv spring break hosted by pauly d
Posts: 35,886
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
The fact a guy like MM is the subject of such unsubstantiated allegations really looks messy and has neopuritanism written all over it.
sounds like a rather subjective category, champ.

 
smashingjj is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 01:52 AM   #53
deadlecturer
Amish Rake Fighter
 
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
You guys like Philadelphia Brand Crème Cheese?
Hey you guys, no I prefer French crème de fromage, merci.

 
deadlecturer is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:52 AM   #54
incubator
Ownz
 
Posts: 906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
Linda on Twitter -

I have known so many of the horrific stories about Marilyn Manson for years. Everyone should believe Evan Rachel Wood, + my close friend Ashley Walters and the rest of them. It all happened. A lot more than what is public. They have suffered for years dealing with it. So, listen!


There is absolutely no way this wouldn't have got back to Corgan.
That could mean anything. Maybe Linda doesn't know shit but is self promoting herself as someone in the know. Maybe the horrific stories she heard were things like "He's had a rib removed".

Dita Von Teeese and Rose McGowan seem to have had no idea about any horrific stories and they were, I expect, closer to him than WPC or Linda Strawberry.

 
incubator is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:56 AM   #55
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Location: vortex of lost souls
Posts: 1,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
That could mean anything. Maybe Linda doesn't know shit but is self promoting herself as someone in the know. Maybe the horrific stories she heard were things like "He's had a rib removed".

Dita Von Teeese and Rose McGowan seem to have had no idea about any horrific stories and they were, I expect, closer to him than WPC or Linda Strawberry.
Come on, open your eyes a bit. Not sure why you'd want to defend a serial abuser but hey, you do you

 
New Art Rioter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 06:32 AM   #56
incubator
Ownz
 
Posts: 906
Default

I'm not defending MM at all. I'm with the angry mob on this one. All I'm saying is that WPC didn't necessarily know about any of this and shouldn't be considered guilty by association or expected to make some sort of public statement.

 
incubator is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 06:36 AM   #57
TheAlter
Pledge
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
Come on, open your eyes a bit. Not sure why you'd want to defend a serial abuser but hey, you do you

Well said New Art Phoebe Bridger

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 06:37 AM   #58
TheAlter
Pledge
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
I'm not defending MM at all. I'm with the angry mob on this one. All I'm saying is that WPC didn't necessarily know about any of this and shouldn't be considered guilty by association or expected to make some sort of public statement.
The angry mob.

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:11 AM   #59
slippedonshoe
Pledge
 
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
You guys like Philadelphia Brand Crème Cheese?
Is this some new sexual orientation?

 
slippedonshoe is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:17 AM   #60
slippedonshoe
Pledge
 
Posts: 59
Default

I didn't know he was bragging about choking his mom without any remorse or assualting sexually a drunken fan in his autobiography until now. What the....?! And yet nobody considered cancelling his career for over 20 years? And what about his flippant, cynical comments at concerts about rape? Nobody knew? Yeah right.

 
slippedonshoe is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
shit fuckers can type! sickbadthing General Chat Message Board 60 05-23-2019 11:18 AM
9/11/01..........9/11/11 The Omega Concern General Chat Archive 70 09-30-2011 07:28 PM
Too bad JC Zeroman isn't in the US now... sickbadthing General Chat Archive 30 04-15-2009 09:58 PM
COUNTERCULTURE MAINSTREAM Jesus Cambodia Pumpkins Archive 5 01-17-2009 10:24 AM
american juggalo sickbadthing General Chat Archive 2 09-11-2008 12:07 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 AM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2020