Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2014, 09:55 PM   #511
Bread Regal
Banned

even better.

my job on campus is the best thing that a math undergrad could ask for. it's exhausting at times, and some students are dicks and/or idiots, but at least i'm doing math. its the 2nd highest paying job i've ever had, and while i'm limited to 25 hours a week, i get connections for a lot of private tutoring gigs where i can ask for 20-30 an hour based on the subject.

its friggin exhausting at times, but i've not once woken up hoping i die in a flaming car wreck on the way there.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:08 PM   #512
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

man i had that fantasy a lot at my previous job

Old 05-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #513
Trotskilicious
Banned

honestly you can tell the other trainees are horrified about the calls already, much more than I am. The questions are incredible, they're scared of putting people on hold ("I'd be mad if someone put me on hold!" that's because you are an entitled nitwit), asking for personal information ("That would make people angry!" i hardly think someone is going to get mad about asking for an address after someone just told you everything about their bowel cancer, and you helped them with whatever they needed), or my favorite "How often would you say X happens?" after any training module that has to do with anything unpleasant or deeply personal. i figure all of these girls will be quit after a few months. And will be in tears a lot.

My heart is dead, and black. And I know the void cares not for us. So the injust way insurance companies treat cancer patients does not even surprise me a little bit. People who don't "deserve" it die all the fucking time and ultimately, helping an impoverished person get a fucking ride to their chemo treatment and maybe even help them pay for it is going to outweigh any weird callers or conversations about erections.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #514
Trotskilicious
Banned

i did a sim call with one of these girls today and she's, like one of those like um girls that you know i dunno talks like this or whatever like all the time or whatever i dunno you know and she actually like talks like this on I dunno the sim call or whatever and

i don't even think she's going to make it past the live call stage. i mean, the trainers haven't listened to her on the phone yet but she talks like that in class so they must already be aware. then she had an argument with me and one of the trainers. I had some feedback after the call about a particularity, i didn't bother to get into the way she talks because she's like 22 she probably doesn't even realize how she sounds yet, but still i'm like asking the trainer "hey, we aren't supposed to do X" and the trainer sais "no you are not supposed to do X" and the dumb girl is like OHMIGOD LIKE WHAT BUT I MEAN LIKE

it's funny, two years ago i would have never thought i could talk. it's funny how depression talks you out of any kind of positive attribute you may posses.

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 05-07-2014 at 10:20 PM.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:19 PM   #515
Eulogy
huh

I got an unnecessarily nasty call from an attorney today. Sort of thinking this isn't the best area of law for someone with anxiety issues but I'll make it work. I think.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:23 PM   #516
Trotskilicious
Banned

yeah from what i understand lawyers and paralegals are incredibly nasty on the phone

they've already warned us at ACS, lawyers/paralegals will call the general support line and be really demanding about the address to put on the estate paperwork and will refuse the transfer they need to get the correct address. the counterproductivity of this concept is astounding to me, especially since it's not an isolated incident.

this of course sent the group of just-graduated never-worked-before dingle-berries into conniptions

i'm in the back giggling

Old 05-07-2014, 10:25 PM   #517
Trotskilicious
Banned

OH MY GOD WHAT IF THEY REFUSE TRANSFER

then you explain to them why they need the transfer

BUT THEN WHAT IF THEY STILL REFUSE

you tell them you cannot provide the information that they request, that the person you are transferring them to will answer that question perfectly and that they are not being ignored or shunted off to no-mans land

BUT WHAT IF THEY YELL AT ME!?!?!?!?!

Old 05-07-2014, 10:25 PM   #518
Eulogy
huh

I have really great experiences with most of the attorneys I deal with. Most seem to recognize that being a dick doesn't get you anywhere. But Jesus, the one off awful ones are truly awful.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:26 PM   #519
Trotskilicious
Banned

there's another girl in class that asks her questions like she's trying to have a conversation during a slayer concert, and she keeps getting louder the longer she talks

it's fucking amazing.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #520
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
I have really great experiences with most of the attorneys I deal with. Most seem to recognize that being a dick doesn't get you anywhere. But Jesus, the one off awful ones are truly awful.
Yeah sounds like agents, i mean. I found the best way to deal with them is to generally ignore them (so long as you understand the crux of their issue), hold the phone away from your face (or stick it up in the air) and my favorite: "I'm very sorry to hear that."

because really to me that's like a backhander because i am sorry to hear them yell at me

sometimes they'd be ranting and bitching and moaning and i'd be posting on netphoria about how much i hated that job

Old 05-07-2014, 10:41 PM   #521
Eulogy
huh

this lady was acting like i underhandedly sprang some proposals on her when i initially sent them to her in january.

when i pointed that out she said "thanks for your time" and hung up

???????????

Old 05-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #522
Trotskilicious
Banned

there was a couple of times i got agents with that

the most satisfying one was when some guy was like I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR THIS I WANT TO CANCEL IMMEDIATELY and he's yelling and he says his name and i do a quick search in the email box and find an email from him that says "I would like to sign up for this thing" and i forward it to him and go "hey i just forwarded an email from your InsuranceGroup.com email and i was wondering what you think,"

there was a pause and then

"Oh god. Oh my god. What was I thinking?" *click*

Old 05-08-2014, 12:47 PM   #523
bignothing
Demi-God

Happy for you that it's going well, trots. Are you really gonna stop smoking?

Old 05-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #524
Tootles
Demi-God

Trots and eulogy thread of bitching and whining. 18 pages. Find a real job. Get in a position of management since you have all the great ideas...or shut up and get along with your life

Old 05-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #525
Bread Regal
Banned

Yeah Eulogy, find a real job.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #526
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

you have all the great ideas

Old 05-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #527
Bread Regal
Banned

does "misunderstood genius" mean anything to you people?

Old 05-08-2014, 03:43 PM   #528
MusicMan4

Thumbs up

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...7a803b3302.jpg

Old 05-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #529
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootles View Post
Trots and eulogy thread of bitching and whining. 18 pages. Find a real job. Get in a position of management since you have all the great ideas...or shut up and get along with your life
Lol yeah I'll get right on finding my dream managent position. Thanks bro

Old 05-08-2014, 03:49 PM   #530
MusicMan4

Besides that one of his other 5 posts was telling someone to kill himself
Aeris Hilton for admin
I'm bringing back my campaign
I'd clean up so damn fast

Old 05-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #531
Eulogy
huh

I still don't know why I'm not an admin. I wanna ban people, dammit.