Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 12:37 AM   #151
slunken
Virgo

mike and nicole (as with the original SP model) aren't crucial at all to the songwriting process.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:42 AM   #152
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterlips View Post
Also Let's say he did tour in a couple of years.....who the hell would drumk

*Drum Goddamit!
That's what I'm saying - it would be easier to get an acceptable drummer for a tour later on down the line than try to keep one retained until if and when that ever happens.

"The Smashing Pumpkins" aren't a "band" anymore and haven't been for some time.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:44 AM   #153
slunken
Virgo

np: wasting time - djali zwan - spun soundtrack

Old 03-24-2014, 02:30 AM   #154
Kreatorkind
Demi-God

heh...

Old 03-24-2014, 02:55 AM   #155
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
writing songs is not a touring band - and didn't he say a while ago he was pretty much done with the idea of a touring band?
>>>

Quote:
This tour shifted something that has left the situation with a big question mark…..Smashing Pumpkins, from the beginning, although it was unsophisticated in the building, was designed to be adaptable to trends. The dinosaur rock business could really only be aroused by kicking it squarely in the teeth. We took great pleasure in that, and obviously during the ‘glory years’, it was an effective thing that we did.

It’s strange to be in a group that’s no longer perceived as being cutting-edge and/or adaptable to trends. In fact, if I played to the stereotype of alternative-guitar-rock, it’s actually going backwards. Encountering my thinking when I made “Adore”, I very much wanted to transform the band away from the first three albums into something much more experimental. Obviously the failure of that led to a set of circumstances which…set in motion a set of failure-and-reaction and occasional triumphs, and the dominoes have not finished falling.

…here we are fifteen years later, and now I’m in a band playing a fairly pleasing setlist. Not really my thing. So having gone in circles these last seven years in different incarnations, I don’t really know… I kinda had an idea what the next step would be before this tour, but having done this tour and come out the other side, I don’t really know what the next step is, if there’s even a step at all. Maybe I’ve checkmated myself.

People treat me like an idiot a lot of the times, but they forget that I’m the one who set the question up… When you take a band out with one original member, you’re asking for trouble. You’re asking for it. And I knew that. In the old ideology of the 90s or even the 80s, you think you can punk-rock your way through this, which is, if we’re really good, and we’re powerful, we can come out the other side.

I don’t really know what makes sense anymore. And I think you have to come to a place where you say, if you continue, you continue with a particular vision, not keep rolling with the tide. Because the tide, as it is, isn’t that great. It’s not that the audience isn’t great, or that the band isn’t great. It’s just that something about it all feels a little too nicey-nice. And I’m not in a rock and roll band to be nicey-nice.

Is it ultimately in the SP charter to make Oceania 2 or even Siamese Dream 2? I’m kind of backed into a corner and I don’t think there’s an obvious next step out. Stopping might be part of that, staying out of view might be part of that, or going back to a very radical, musically –intensive position might be part of that. But you have to accept that position, which is no different than how I felt after Gish, you’re kind of in a corner, and if you’re gonna come out, you gotta come out swingin’.

There’s no doubt in my mind that there’s still plenty of Smashing Pumpkins music to be made, no matter what anybody thinks. As the architect of what worked in each particular era, I believe I can make it work with any combination of anybody--if I really want to. Maybe that sounds insane, but that’s how I look at it.

There’s Smashing Pumpkins music to be made, that can be made at a very high level, and can be as good or better as the past music, but I’m also very realistic about what that takes, and I also know that you need to want to hear journey. Without that (desire to listen), I don’t know how much you can do. So maybe it’s time to turn it off, maybe it’s time to turn it into strictly a recording entity, maybe it’s time to accept that it will never be anything but what the public in general asks for.

I will say, there’s no doubt in my mind – none, zero – that there is Smashing Pumpkins music to be made. But it’s not a band or a system or an idea that is designed to be passive. And to me, fulfilling expectations is passive. To me, that’s the rock and roll version of a 9 to 5 job….[talks about other artists on festival bills]…There’s a general malaise in my business. And I’m part of the problem. And I don’t know if I want to continue to be part of the problem. And I know that people will chuckle at that, because they don’t see me stopping as a problem. [laughs]

There’s a time to fight, and there’s a time to sit still. Maybe the best thing to do is just be quiet, and listen. But I’m convinced there’s plenty more Smashing Pumpkins music to be made.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:58 AM   #156
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
That's simply not true. They were in studio together hence the tweet that brought it to everyones attention.
Nope, they were not in the studio together.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:27 AM   #157
Starla

Okay it's the 24th. I don't have all day. Let's not play games.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:31 AM   #158
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
Okay it's the 24th. I don't have all day. Let's not play games.
I'm sure Billy did some research...

>>>

Quote:
Learning from the Research of Others

The best times to post on social media is definitely a hot topic and has resulted in a lot of fantastic research. Luckily, the infographic below examines some of that research and breaks down the best and worst times to post on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, and Pinterest.
To maximize your reach, it recommends that you focuse on posting during the following times:

Facebook – between 10 am and 4pm Monday thru Thursday.
Twitter – between 1pm and 3pm Monday thru Thursday.
LinkedIn – focus on posting before and after business hours, 7 am to 9 am and 5pm to 6pm Tuesday thru Thursday.
Google+ – 9am to 11am on workdays.
Pinterest – This is the one social network you should focus on posting during weekday evenings and on the weekends. specifically 2pm to 4pm and 8pm to 1am on weekdays. The best time to pin items on Pinterest is on Saturday morning.

While this infographic will give you a great base to build from, it is definitely not the answer for every business. When determining when to post on social media make sure to consider your customers, your product or service, and the types of messages you are posting. For example, the ideal time for a local bakery to post on Facebook is most likely very different than that of a national brand. In addition, if the majority of your customers live on the east coast and your company is based on west coast, you will want to post on LinkedIn before and after their workday, not yours.
Source:
http://socialmediatoday.com/brianna5...ia-infographic

Old 03-24-2014, 04:31 AM   #159
Starla

What are you trying to teach me here?

Old 03-24-2014, 04:32 AM   #160
Starla

You think.... I don't KNOW about how social media works? How smug of you!!

Old 03-24-2014, 04:33 AM   #161
Starla

Stand back, I'm melting down!! I know about twitter and facebook. Don't teach me you young punks!

Old 03-24-2014, 04:38 AM   #162
Starla

Old 03-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #163
thomas_bland
Ownz

Happen to have the day off work today so I'm blasting out Mellon Collie disk two, seems quite fitting if he's calling it a day for SP.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #164
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

the news has finally arrived!
BELLY HAS A CHILD IT IS A COUPLE OF YEARS OLD THE NAME IS NOT SHARED AND IT WILL BE "PERFORMING" ON THE NEXT SMASHING PUMPKINS ALBUM PLAYING THE "MUSIC CONCRETE" AND EVERYONE ELSE IS OUT OF THE BAND SO NOW IT'S JUST BC AND CHILD BUT WHEN THEY TOUR MIKE WILL JOIN THEM ON THE SKIN FLUTE IN YOUR FACE LINDA STRAWTITS!

Old 03-24-2014, 09:28 AM   #165
Cool As Ice Cream

AND MONTY IS FIRED BC IS NOW LOOKING TO HIRE SOME BODYGUARDS TO SAVE HIS LIFE FROM ETHICAL STALKERS

Old 03-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #166
Cool As Ice Cream

PEOPLE WITH MICROPENISES WILL NO LONGER BE ALLOWED IN AT LIVE SHOWS BILLY IS REALLY SORRY BUT HE HAS TO THINK ABOUT HIS SAFETY

Old 03-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #167
Cool As Ice Cream

BELLY IS ALSO STARTING A WEBSITE CALLED 10,000 WHITE VAN JOKES TO BRING BACK JC

Old 03-24-2014, 09:37 AM   #168
Cool As Ice Cream

AND ANOTHER ONE CALLED FROM HERE TO THERE TO EVERYWHERE AND BACK TO NOWHERE AND IT WILL BE ABOUT HIS SPIRITUAL JOURNEY AND HIS FAILED MEMOIRS

Old 03-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #169
Cool As Ice Cream

omg so much going on at the same time

ALSO SPRC2 WILL BE STARTED UP SOON AND WILL CONSIST OF A SECRET GROUP OF SUPERFANS THAT WILL ACT AS GATEKEEPERS BETWEEN THE FANS AND THE BAND

Old 03-24-2014, 09:47 AM   #170
Cool As Ice Cream

gatekeepers between the fans and the band is just another name for babysitters. it's basically the babysitter's club. they go on lots of goofy adventures and solve crimes.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #171
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

How is brand manager Monte going to react? Is he going to videotape his reaction?
Or does he already know?

Old 03-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #172
Tuscaloosa
Demi-God

when has announcement revealed?

Old 03-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #173
Cool As Ice Cream

where does babby comes from?

Old 03-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #174
Tuscaloosa
Demi-God

who can know?

Old 03-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #175
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Wouldn't it be awesome if Billy posted a close-up of Jimmy's bass drum head...no additional information...just the picture >>>

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...pseddd280c.jpg

Old 03-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #176
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
How is brand manager Monte going to react?
http://i43.tinypic.com/24l0owh.jpg

Old 03-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #177
Cool As Ice Cream

Old 03-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #178
Cool As Ice Cream

Old 03-24-2014, 10:18 AM   #179
Cool As Ice Cream

Old 03-24-2014, 10:18 AM   #180
Tuscaloosa