Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #1
morespsoon

Default Corgan and Buckethead, could they ever work together?

These are the only two artists that seem to turn out a song a day. Right now Buckethead is peaking as a musician, he's releasing a new album a week. He's where Billy Corgan was in the mid-90s in terms of prolific songwriting.

Why couldn't those two team up? It seems like such a perfect combo.

If you don't believe me about Buckethead, I think one of his latest albums is mind blower (as is most of his stuff anyway). Listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVhUbnalU8o

Old 03-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #2
morespsoon

These are the only two artists that seem to turn out a song a day. Right now Buckethead is peaking as a musician, he's releasing a new album a week. He's where Billy Corgan was in the mid-90s in terms of prolific songwriting.

Why couldn't those two team up? It seems like such a perfect combo.

If you don't believe me about Buckethead, I think one of his latest albums is mind blower (as is most of his stuff anyway). Listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVhUbnalU8o

Old 03-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
Order 66
Socialphobic

what

Old 03-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
Catherine Wheel
Banned

The Corgan / Buckethead relationship would be just like Axl Rose / Buckethead relationship. So I doubt Buckethead would want to be in a situation like that again.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #5
morespsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
The Corgan / relationship would be like Axl Rose / Buckethead relationship. So I doubt Buckethead would want to be in a situation like that again.
I thought he did a great job on Chinese Democracy, how about you?

Old 03-01-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I'm not talking about the quality of the music. I'm talking about the actual relationship between the two guys. Axl Rose and Corgan are notorious / infamous for their cruel, dictator like behavior with other musicians. So I really doubt Buckethead would want to work with Corgan after working with Rose.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #7
morespsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
I'm not talking about the quality of the music. I'm talking about the actual relationship between the two guys. Axl Rose and Corgan are notorious / infamous for their cruel, dictator like behavior with other musicians. So I really doubt Buckethead would want to work with Corgan after working with Rose.
Ozzy Osbourne seems really laid back but Buckethead got to him, maybe it goes both ways?

Who knows because we don't know anything about the man behind the mask.

Ozzy Osbourne: "I tried out that Buckethead guy. I met with him and asked him to work with me but only if he got rid of the fucking bucket. So I came back a bit later and he's wearing this green fucking Martian's-hat thing. I said, 'Look, just be yourself!' He told me his name was Brian, so I said that's what I'd call him. He says, 'No one calls me Brian except my mother.' So I said, 'Pretend I'm your mum then!' I haven't even got out of the room and I'm already playing fucking mind games with the guy. What happens if one day he's gone and there's a note saying, 'I've been beamed up?' [Laughs] Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. He plays like a motherfucker!"

Old 03-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #8
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I'd like to see Corgan work with Dave Navarro in the studio.