Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
thisistheend
Pledge

Default i know i'm probably just askin for it, but...

i was going to post some pictures i found lying around in the commons at my bands rehearsal space building. i think they might be of some significance. found a couple guitar picks too. Score! hah! this place is neat!

Old 04-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Fuck that noize. Give us a link to your band's page...

Old 04-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
redbull
Immortal

+rep

Old 04-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistheend
i was going to post some pictures i found lying around in the commons at my bands rehearsal space building. i think they might be of some significance. found a couple guitar picks too. Score! hah! this place is neat!
hey, are you now allowed to talk publicly about how shitty the band treated you in that whole situation?

Old 04-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
thisistheend
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Fuck that noize. Give us a link to your band's page...
but, sonic -
i dont have a band. i may have left a link with some new music im working on that is impossible to perform in the ways heard in it's recorded version. i just play with myself. whats funny?
but thats not the point
im talking about pictures. the photograph kind.
found some picks too
sweet. i mean, with the price of 'em these days

Old 04-16-2010, 11:28 PM   #6
thisistheend
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
hey, are you now allowed to talk publicly about how shitty the band treated you in that whole situation?
first off,
ill have you know, i live in the united states. now, i dont know where you're from, buddy, but this is a free country. as i've been told many times; if i dont like it, then i can go somewhere else that isnt as free as this country is,
man.
so if anyone wants to tell me what not to publicly speak about, well then, they are simply not american and stuff.
or even asian. you know?

and no,
never the entire band.
my last drummer treated me pretty darn rotten towards the end of our working relationship. we aint even friends no mo. last i heard, he was homeless and bouncin around couch to couch doing cocaine.
why?

Old 04-16-2010, 11:31 PM   #7
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistheend View Post
first off,
ill have you know, i live in the united states. now, i dont know where you're from, buddy, but this is a free country. as i've been told many times; if i dont like it, then i can go somewhere else that isnt as free as this country is,
man.
so if anyone wants to tell me what not to publicly speak about, well then, they are simply not american and stuff.
or even asian. you know?

and no,
never the entire band.
my last drummer treated me pretty darn rotten towards the end of our working relationship. we aint even friends no mo. last i heard, he was homeless and bouncin around couch to couch doing cocaine.
why?
i'm talking about pumpkins. aren't you the guy that stole their photos and they charged you and kicked you around and such? you told me this huge long story about it in private messages but said you were barred from speaking publicly about it due to charges and such. i think you should tell your story publicly one and for all.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:31 AM   #8
thisistheend
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
i'm talking about pumpkins. aren't you the guy that stole their photos and they charged you and kicked you around and such? you told me this huge long story about it in private messages but said you were barred from speaking publicly about it due to charges and such. i think you should tell your story publicly one and for all.
hmm...
Jack-o-lanterns are a great example of how to turn a vegetable into a hand carved work of art. i wish halloween was once a month.

there is this record store a few blocks from my place with a comfortable looking sidewalk. i may go hang out there within the next couple hours until they open. its called Oebama, i think. if you or anyone wants to meet up, i could tell all sorts of stories. like this one time when i was being strip searched with 200 other totally nude men at cook county jail intake and during the process, was caught off guard and strangleheld to a near death experience by a 400lb guard. after that the other deps all laughed and some were singing lyrics to song that must have been called "today, today".

Old 04-17-2010, 03:53 AM   #9
Caine Walker
Braindead

lol wut

Old 04-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #10
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
but, sonic -
i dont have a band. i may have left a link with some new music im working on that is impossible to perform in the ways heard in it's recorded version. i just play with myself. whats funny?
but thats not the point
im talking about pictures. the photograph kind.
found some picks too
sweet. i mean, with the price of 'em these days
Yeah, you have a band... you said:
Quote:
the commons at my bands rehearsal space building.
So link me. I don't give two shits about pictures.

EDIT: Oh, OK I saw your post in the Music Board. It's alright. A little melodramatic though...

Last edited by soniclovenoize : 04-17-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #11
thisistheend
Pledge

Quote:
Yeah, you have a band... you said:

So link me. I don't give two shits about pictures.

EDIT: Oh, OK I saw your post in the Music Board. It's alright. A little melodramatic though...
no, thats actually old school. i finished an LP with that band that will probly never come out, unfortunately. ah well. its dated now anyways.

current:
Simon Brown on PureVolume.com™

i started recording an album with an old 8-track recorder and audacity when i moved. the drums are sequenced tracks that i made individual, not just loops.
this is the first finished song. i went into it with no knowledge about audio recording or engineering. no band yet.

i posted a link but netpho (also, this is my declaration as netpho being a new age abbreveation for netphoria. ex.: soco = southern comfort. let it be known. patent pending) over ruled and it was removed.

so, i guess i'll quit the act now...
fun while it lasted, though.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:51 PM   #12
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
no, thats actually old school. i finished an LP with that band that will probly never come out, unfortunately. ah well. its dated now anyways.

current:
Simon Brown on PureVolume.com™

i started recording an album with an old 8-track recorder and audacity when i moved. the drums are sequenced tracks that i made individual, not just loops.
this is the first finished song. i went into it with no knowledge about audio recording or engineering. no band yet.

i posted a link but netpho (also, this is my declaration as netpho being a new age abbreveation for netphoria. ex.: soco = southern comfort. let it be known. patent pending) over ruled and it was removed.

so, i guess i'll quit the act now...
fun while it lasted, though.
No, that's the one you posted and I listened to. Again, it's alright, but a bit melodramatic for me. But then again I listen to dumb shit like The Flaming Lips and Olivia Tremor Control, so what do I know?

Old 04-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #13
thisistheend
Pledge

Quote:
No, that's the one you posted and I listened to. Again, it's alright, but a bit melodramatic for me. But then again I listen to dumb shit like The Flaming Lips and Olivia Tremor Control, so what do I know?
hey, i love me some lips, but never heard of the 2nd. melodramatic, though? i'll take it. I'm pretty sure that certain influences have been given the same label by actual journalists.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #14
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
hey, i love me some lips, but never heard of the 2nd. melodramatic, though? i'll take it. I'm pretty sure that certain influences have been given the same label by actual journalists.
The 2nd band, Olivia Tremor Control, are one of the three founding bands of the Elephant 6 Recording Company (whom also ******* Neutral Milk Hotel, Apples In Stereo, of Montreal and Elf Power, amoung others...). Check em out, awesome stuff.

Yeah, I don't mean "melodramatic" in a negative way... I just can identify the Radiohead/Muse/etc. inlfuences, that's all.

Check out my band if you want. You can download our debut album here:
Endless Fields of Poppy | CLLCT ... our bio claims "Elliott Smith backed by The Flaming Lips, playing The Beatles backwards" but whatever. Pussy psychdelic pop. I doubt anyone on this board would really dig it because we don't have synthy guitars backed by more synths and I sing off-key, but hey, whatever.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #15
thisistheend
Pledge

Quote:
The 2nd band, Olivia Tremor Control, are one of the three founding bands of the Elephant 6 Recording Company (whom also ******* Neutral Milk Hotel, Apples In Stereo, of Montreal and Elf Power, amoung others...). Check em out, awesome stuff.

Yeah, I don't mean "melodramatic" in a negative way... I just can identify the Radiohead/Muse/etc. inlfuences, that's all.

Check out my band if you want. You can download our debut album here:
Endless Fields of Poppy | CLLCT ... our bio claims "Elliott Smith backed by The Flaming Lips, playing The Beatles backwards" but whatever. Pussy psychdelic pop. I doubt anyone on this board would really dig it because we don't have synthy guitars backed by more synths and I sing off-key, but hey, whatever.
muse is starting to make me yawn big time. and radiohead i dont follow much after ok computer, but that album and the bends are two of my favorite records. lately, and as far as 'current' music goes, i really do adore the songwriting of elliott smith & jenny lewis. even though elliott smith is 'current'ly dead. i will, however, check your band out, cause i support the checking out of bands thing. just not right now. im trying to do some shit.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:03 PM   #16
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Wow. Coincidentally, I just got into Elliott Smith--two days ago. I shit you not. I dl'd Basement on a Hill and it fucking blew me away. Note however, the only reason I have the Elliott Smith comparison is because that's what others had said, that my vocal style sounds like Elliott Smith on meth. A few unrelated people had said that, so I thought "meh, might as well say it too."

Old 04-18-2010, 11:05 PM   #17
redbull
Immortal

Basement is his worst album

Get Either/Or and Figure 8

also who is the asshole who's never heard of OTC

Old 04-18-2010, 11:11 PM   #18
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Yeah, I'm going in reverse-chronological order. I started with Basement because I had read he was going for a "noisier" sound, and that intrigued me. So thus of course "Coast To Coast" and "Shooting Star" blew me away and are my favorites on the record--is there more like that?

But I'm not gonna make the mistake I made earlier discovering bands: dl'ing the entire discography at once. I'm going to wait to get Figure 8 until I've digested Basement. Maybe a few weeks? But if Basement is his worse album... holy fuck.

And redbull, you're a flac dude. You have any OTC flac? My psycho ex pretty much destroyed all my OTC boots... except one, but I can't get a good rip of this scratched up disc. PM me or whatever.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:15 AM   #19
redbull
Immortal

I'd say Figure 8 is probably his closest thing to Basement, but Basement doesn't really sound like much of his stuff. The first three records are much sparser voice/guitar affairs while Figure 8/Basement/XO are more produced

Old 04-19-2010, 01:46 AM   #20
TuralyonW3
Immortal

If I could only keep one I'd take XO. s/t has some amazing songs as well.