Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2018, 07:43 PM   #121
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
But when do we get Katie Cole at all...?

Billy rockin' the local morning shows!

This is why we rock @smashingpumpkins

Ein Beitrag geteilt von WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am

lindastrawberry Best thing ever
When the tour starts

Old 06-30-2018, 07:48 PM   #122
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

YES, Katie needs no rehearsals. #talentedartist

Old 06-30-2018, 10:07 PM   #123
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Fuck I hate the term "rocker".

Old 06-30-2018, 10:17 PM   #124
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

I like how Billy is trying to act like a badass for being on the news and having the cops called. Like it wasn’t a completely fake publicity stunt.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:16 AM   #125
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
You still think Nine Inch Nails are cool.

Come on friend, let me lead you into the year 2018, come on, come with me, you can do it

I bet you still think Stabbing Westward is cool too. Fucking wanker
hahaha, fkn fuzzyroes with the ninsp PWN4G3

Old 07-01-2018, 02:06 AM   #126
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Come on friend, let me lead you into the year 2018, come on, come with me, you can do it
How come you didn't respond to the video I posted of the 90's alternative rock song by a Canadian band in your thread dedicated to 90's alternative rock by Canadian artists?

Old 07-01-2018, 12:02 PM   #127
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Red face

EPIC performance! Billy one step from joining the crowd hard.

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 07-01-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Old 07-01-2018, 01:49 PM   #128
fuzzyroes
Banned

Found this great recap on reddit. Sounds like an amazing experience.

Thought some of you guys might find this interesting.

Ok - sorry in advance for any grammatical errors a lot going on today but just want to get this out there.

I won a local radio station contest i for free tickets to the smashing pumpkins show at the local college and entrance into the 1979 house party. Pretty crazy they called me about three weeks ago and just let me know that I won the identical prize package to the Yamaha contest which was airfare, Party entry, hotel, and to guitar.

So I got into LA roughly around 1 AM Thursday morning and found at the Hilton that they put us up at which was amazing was also oversold Dash not sure why but whatever. So we got moved to another Hilton rough around 6 miles away, and then the next day they moved us to in Hampton Inn‘s in Sherman Oaks.

Then let me know that there would be a shuttle at the new hotel roughly 4:55 PM and that it would depart around 5:10 PM and that I had to be there cause there’s gonna be no other way to get to the party. So I took my brother and we went to the shuttle and there was roughly around 15 other people there Dash these were other contest winners from across the country the one entry from the radio stations– And also the Yamaha grand prize with winners, and everybody got the same price package.

So we Took the shuttle and it started driving towards studio city – I’m not gonna post the address of the party but I’ll trying get some pictures of the house up at a later point. We pulled up to the party super early, and basically they told us that we had to drive around because they didn’t want us to enter till 6 o’clock we can see from the gate where we pulled up from that they had strained Christmas lights up, and also a tree that of been TP’ed Much like the 1979 video. So Our shuttle bus driver drove around and we parked around the corner for about 30 minutes or so. At around 5:55 PM he drove back to the party, and we got back to the gates and the guy came onto the shuttle and told us that we needed to very quickly get into the party, because news crews were is there and they were concerned that if too many people showed up that that they were going to shut have to shut the party down.

So we got our yellow party wristbands, our phones which of been placed in a gray yellow-ish pouch and locked so that we could Texter take pictures, walked into the party and and surveyed a big house to the right, An open buatiful yard with the stage set up,And the party area set up down by the pool and a guesthouse.

They had they had a beer pong table set up and ready to go, Nice common seating areas,And open bar area, food area with meat, Little burgers, humas, etc.They had the guest house opened up with some sofas, some guitars, a drum set. This looked like where the 1979 band scene was filmed,And you could go in and play around. A couple people were jamming at different times – and it was interactive. Outside of the guest house they had a photo booth set up where you could take a picture and have it be basically the 1979 poster with you and whoever you wanted.

There was a film crew that was constantly running around and doing interviews and talking to people , and they focused a lot on one guy with glasses and red hair – I assumed he was one of the 1979 kids.

At the house van was hanging out, James, Jimmy, Billy, jack - did not see Jeff.There was a guy making sure that you didn’t go into the house but they were on the porch. I’m pretty sure you could’ve walked up and say hello, but I chickened out because I didn’t wanna make it weird or anything and I didn’t want to risk getting kicked out or anything weird like that – My bad. The wristband hierarchy was yellow where the bait where the contest wonders, orange meant you were working or an associate that was working the event, and the checkered ones were friends of the band - I saw a couple other familiar faces that I’ve seen from the band over the years but ultimately it was a mix of people contest winners, Friends of the band and then friends of the live nation people that were working the event.

So at first it was just contest winners and some of the bands friends, and basically the Live Nation people started texting other friends to come – basically this was the plan for the party to get everybody there and then they invite a lot of friends and make it a very cool scene, which it was! Open bar/beer, lotta different types of people - a freaking blast. Maybe 200-300 people total (150 contest winners)which is kind of perfect.

It’s around 7 o’clock Billy went back inside, the rest the band was hanging outside for a bit on the porch, and people were just partying.

So the band came on at 8 PM when the light was still out and started with soma - I won’t go over the set list, it’s been publicized - But basically what it was was roughly around 200 people watching a private smashing pumpkin show, with full sound ( but not SUPER loud) in a backyard - It was no problem at all to be right up against the railing or two three people back - whatever you wanted to do - crazy.People from the audience if they would say something the entire party would hear it and so would the band - Billy didn’t react to anything anybody said but Jimmy James would - so strange, I have seen them At least 20 times and never like this. Overall look like they had a great time and I think that they sounded incredibly good – I was thinking they would sound a little “basic”, But I think James has brought back a missing sound from the band – this is what I remember them to sound like during MCIS/machine years - can not wait to experience in a full sound environment. As far as singing I literally think that I might’ve been the best singing I’ve ever heard from Billy, he has really refined his craft over the years – I don’t know if it’s not screaming as much, or the clean living – but it was honestly close to an album type experience, Especially because of the four total guitarists and JC who can fill up the room.

Unreal.

James did his SP Stage banter with Billy – for those of you that don’t know what this is, it’s kind of something that made every show unique from Gish to Machina. The band changed when James left - I didn’t realize how much until I saw them Thursday.

So anyway they did their last song, short on core, and came back and did 1979 then the show ended. We hung out for a little bit, but they do work to get us out of there by 10 o’clock as the cars as the cops were outside - not sure if it was planned or not but whatever. Shovels took us back to the hotel, that was it. Awesome.

Old 07-01-2018, 02:25 PM   #129
TuralyonW3
Immortal

short on core

shovels took us back to the hotel

at the house van was hanging out

Old 07-01-2018, 03:04 PM   #130
Ram27
dumb

can't believe monte didn't get a checkered wristband

Old 07-01-2018, 03:05 PM   #131
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Happy birthday, Bjorn!

Old 07-01-2018, 11:28 PM   #132
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Happy Birthday to Bjorn Thorsrud from Linda Strawdingle (I guess)!

Happy Birthday to Brother Jocephus from Billy too...:

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 07-01-2018 at 11:34 PM.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:31 PM   #133
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

lol he said albeit

Old 07-01-2018, 11:38 PM   #134
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Billy got hurt -directly...

Old 07-02-2018, 12:22 AM   #135
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

he also said batty

Old 07-02-2018, 02:00 AM   #136
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

I just watched the 1979 video for the first time in a billion years and it would have been better if they'd recreated it inside the house with <50 people like it was originally. And Boz could have lead people in TP'ing the tree and throwing chairs into the pool. Oh, and D'arcy should have been there.

But I guess Billy can't even let his guard down even at a special reunion party for "super fans". STAY BEHIND THE BARRIER PLEBS.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:25 AM   #137
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
But I guess Billy can't even let his guard down even at a special reunion party for "super fans". STAY BEHIND THE BARRIER PLEBS.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:17 AM   #138
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
I just watched the 1979 video for the first time in a billion years and it would have been better if they'd recreated it inside the house with <50 people like it was originally. And Boz could have lead people in TP'ing the tree and throwing chairs into the pool. Oh, and D'arcy should have been there.

agreed, the fact that they set up a giant stage with barriers in the backyard while trying to recreate the 1979 video is possibly the lamest thing they've ever done

Old 07-02-2018, 09:16 AM   #139
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
the lamest thing they've ever done
let's not get ahead of ourselves. he's done a LOT of lame things

Old 07-02-2018, 09:18 AM   #140
slayed23
Ownz

You guys do realize that when they shot the 1979 video in a living room... that wasn't a real concert right?

Old 07-02-2018, 09:25 AM   #141
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

How many hot dogs did inhale this time?

Old 07-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #142
DaveKShape
Ownz

"Brian, can you grab me another dog?"

Old 07-02-2018, 11:05 AM   #143
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

1979...having a good time:

https://j.gifs.com/voyW7g.gif

2018:

https://i.imgur.com/Aip3kXn.gif

Old 07-02-2018, 11:54 AM   #144
stripes
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Sooo crazy seeing James and Jimmy reunited

Old 07-02-2018, 03:04 PM   #145
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
You guys do realize that when they shot the 1979 video in a living room... that wasn't a real concert right?
it was somewhat. billy has talked about how it didn't lift up until they started playing the popular songs

Old 07-02-2018, 03:05 PM   #146
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Oh, and D'arcy should have been there.
she probably was the one who called the cops

Old 07-02-2018, 03:40 PM   #147
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
You still think Nine Inch Nails are cool.

I bet you still think Stabbing Westward is cool too. Fucking wanker
NIN just released top tier material

And score Oscar winning soundtracks

And is well respected by just about anyone

And still sells out venues (and arenas)

You’re a fucking retard who should just take a gun and shoot himself
literally nobody else would miss you

Anyone who has ever loved you was wrong

Last edited by ninsp : 07-02-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:05 PM   #148
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post

Anyone who has ever loved you was wrong
https://media.giphy.com/media/oGleXmKspRoju/giphy.gif

Old 07-02-2018, 04:36 PM   #149
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Fuzzy

I apologize for calling you a retard

People with mental and physical challenges actually stand for something and have integrity unlike yourself despite being born with a stacked deck

You’re the lowest of the low

You were born with privilege and have amounted to nothing more than a hemorrhoid on your mother’s anal cavity

Old 07-02-2018, 05:00 PM   #150
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
it was somewhat. billy has talked about how it didn't lift up until they started playing the popular songs
Yeah, it’s playing in a living room. How hard is that? That’s the vibe they should have gone for, but the Pumpkin Camp obviously thought otherwise. How easy would it have been for the band to say “this is a unique chance, let’s have some fun!”.

Living room jam + cell phones = great PR
Barriers and no cell phones = SP 2018.

Netphoria should really be managing this band now.