Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2018, 01:37 PM   #211
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Back in the day, Alex Jones used to be fun in an X-Files kind of way. Everyone likes a good chemtrail.

His shit got progressively radical over the last decade with the introduction of his supplement business. I think he realized how much money he can make off riled-up disenfranchised white males.

The fact that Billy associates with him is gross. I'm surprized Billy hasn't released his own signature supplement.

Last edited by Funbags : 03-24-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Old 03-24-2018, 01:48 PM   #212
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
The fact that Billy associates with him is gross.
It's not as bad as using Facebook to win an election.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:17 PM   #213
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JNtO3hprD...patriarchy.gif

Old 03-24-2018, 03:35 PM   #214
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
It's not as bad as using Facebook to win an election.
And still absolutely gross, yes.

Old 03-24-2018, 03:48 PM   #215
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
whining about "SJWs" and people getting in trouble for "saying the wrong thing," is just code for "I don't want to have to be sensitive to the pain of minorities" and it comes down to a basic lack of empathy

Old 03-24-2018, 08:26 PM   #216
fuzzyroes
Banned

Is Alex Jones really that hated across the United States or is this just a Netphoria thing?

I was introduced to his work over 10 years ago. At that time, the anti-Bush guys and the liberal types swore by him. I used to hang out with these hippie guys who would set up a booth down town and hand out Alex Jones documentaries about 9/11 and hand out info-wars stickers. The first video I watched by Jones was his documentary on the Bohemian Grove. Great undercover piece. He's done some great stuff over the years.

It seems that because he supported Trump that now there's this narrative of him being a right-wing boogie man, but that never used to be the case.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:29 PM   #217
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Is Alex Jones really that hated across the United States or is this just a Netphoria thing?

Old 03-24-2018, 08:52 PM   #218
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:

I was introduced to his work over 10 years ago. At that time, the anti-Bush guys and the liberal types swore by him. I used to hang out with these hippie guys who would set up a booth down town and hand out Alex Jones documentaries about 9/11 and hand out info-wars stickers. The first video I watched by Jones was his documentary on the Bohemian Grove. Great undercover piece. He's done some great stuff over the years.

It seems that because he supported Trump that now there's this narrative of him being a right-wing boogie man, but that never used to be the case.
dude, ever heard of sandy hook

Old 03-24-2018, 09:06 PM   #219
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

it might not hurt to actually inform yourself about what outlets you consume.

(hated "across the US" is also pretty funny, I have been seeing articles about Infowars for the past 3 years in German, French and English news. they aren't some niche comedy channel, you probably missed it that Infowars got WH press credentials a year ago, while non-alternative-facts media outlets got their credentials revoked. good morning.)

https://www.splcenter.org/search?keyword=Alex+Jones

https://www.splcenter.org/search?keyword=Breitbart

have fun.

Last edited by pavementtune : 03-24-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:30 PM   #220
fuzzyroes
Banned

I realize he's more popular than ever... I think that's why the mainstream press is doing so much to try and tarnish him... I just remember that the hippies and punks and the liberal types all used to love the guy. I guess he was just more "cool" to like when he was more underground.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:15 PM   #221
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
I realize he's more popular than ever... I think that's why the mainstream press is doing so much to try and tarnish him... I just remember that the hippies and punks and the liberal types all used to love the guy. I guess he was just more "cool" to like when he was more underground.
...none of those people ever loved alex jones, you're just clueless. yes, he really is that hated across the globe

Old 03-24-2018, 10:31 PM   #222
pinetree
Ownz

I've never heard of the guy until this thread, the h8rs here will say I'm ignorant, but the reality is, much of adult America doesn't give a fuck about nobodies like this because we're busy working full time and taking care of responsibilities. there's a million talking heads, all preaching to people who already agree with them, and converting no one. it sells ads though

Old 03-24-2018, 11:33 PM   #223
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
I've never heard of the guy until this thread, the h8rs here will say I'm ignorant, but the reality is, much of adult America doesn't give a fuck about nobodies like this because we're busy working full time and taking care of responsibilities. there's a million talking heads, all preaching to people who already agree with them, and converting no one. it sells ads though
Yeah exactly, O' Reilly, Maddow, Stewart, Colbert, Jones, Beck, Limaugh, Stern, who the fuck has time to listen to these bimbos tell anyone how to think?

Fuck all that

Old 03-24-2018, 11:36 PM   #224
fuzzyroes
Banned

I typically agree. I'm more of a fan Alex Jones as a film-maker than the guy always ranting on Youtube. But he has some good guests sometimes and I do tune in every now and again. Just not nearly as much as I used to.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:41 PM   #225
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
...none of those people ever loved alex jones, you're just clueless. yes, he really is that hated across the globe
I think it might be different in Canada. A lot of the youth growing up hated the United States and Jones exposed a lot of their evil ways. You'd always get these hippie and punk anarchist types passing along his DVD's at the side of the street. They called themselves "9/11 truthers" and Jones was pretty much their figure head. If you were young and hated George W and what the American government was doing, Alex Jones was your guy. Learning about the Iluminati, the Bilderbergs and the Bohemian Grove and all of the other good stuff that Jones covers was standard learning for any forward thinking young adult just getting into politics.

Alex Jones definitely seems a lot more divisive now... But that didn't used to be the case, at least growing up in the music scene for me. It used to be cool to name drop Alex Jones... Almost a punk thing... The whole Trump connection seems to have stymied that to a large extent.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 03-24-2018 at 11:46 PM.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:43 PM   #226
redbreegull

he was despised way before the trump connection

Old 03-24-2018, 11:56 PM   #227
fuzzyroes
Banned

Perhaps... I'm going back like 2004, 2005 here...

I think as he grew more famous and popular, the hate from the mainstream grew and perhaps it's warped his reputation.. I think that's been by design and is how the mainstream media is trying to pigeonhole him... It seems to be working from what I can tell. But I dunno I have no idea what the youth are into these days, but they certainly don't seem very intellectually curious, at least from what I can tell... Well, they liked Bernie... That's at least something.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:04 AM   #228
redbreegull

You know nothing

Old 03-25-2018, 12:27 AM   #229
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't remember hearing the guy's name specifically until the whole gay frogs thing happened. Raving dipshit conservative commentators out of the states just kind of blend together when you get so many of them over the years. I think I mistook him for Rush Limbaugh at first.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:48 AM   #230
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

jesus fuck me

Old 03-25-2018, 05:53 AM   #231
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
glad your work and responsibilities still allow you some time off to spend here on netphoria though

Old 03-25-2018, 07:45 AM   #232
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
jesus fuck me
the saviour is waiting
to enter your "heart"
why won't you let him cum in?
theirs nothing is this world
to keep you apart
what is you answer to him?

Old 03-25-2018, 08:00 AM   #233
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Perhaps... I'm going back like 2004, 2005 here...

I think as he grew more famous and popular, the hate from the mainstream grew and perhaps it's warped his reputation.. I think that's been by design and is how the mainstream media is trying to pigeonhole him... It seems to be working from what I can tell. But I dunno I have no idea what the youth are into these days, but they certainly don't seem very intellectually curious, at least from what I can tell... Well, they liked Bernie... That's at least something.
Is the mainstream media making him say insane things, rave like a lunatic, breakdown crying “cuz ‘Murica”, and peddle useless pills to gullible fools?

If you’re intellectually curious, Jones isn’t the source of information you go to. Flattering viewers intellect is one of his techniques for hooking the naive.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:00 AM   #234
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
glad your work and responsibilities still allow you some time off to spend here on netphoria though
I came here to engage in smashing pumpkins talk, a band I grew up with. that's stimulating to me. brainless news anchors are not stimulating. I check google news everyday for major headlines and local news websites and that's just fine with me. sorry if you can't grasp that concept, or were you just trying to be a dick?

Old 03-25-2018, 12:28 PM   #235
FoolofaTook

what if theirs another reason?

Old 03-25-2018, 01:08 PM   #236
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
I came here to engage in smashing pumpkins talk, a band I grew up with. that's stimulating to me. brainless news anchors are not stimulating. I check google news everyday for major headlines and local news websites and that's just fine with me. sorry if you can't grasp that concept, or were you just trying to be a dick?
The fact that it got you worked up is a nice extra yes, but i thought it was funny that your excuse for not having heard of Alex Jones was 'guess what, most people don't have time for those things' which isn't the brightest of assumptions and that you rather use your valuable time being 'stimulated' on netphoria.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:13 PM   #237
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
I check google news everyday for major headlines and local news websites and that's just fine with me.
This was evident from your posts yes, but maybe it's a good incentive to keep your uninformed opinions on anything vaguely related to politics to yourself?

Old 03-25-2018, 01:29 PM   #238
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I came here to engage in smashing pumpkins talk

were you just trying to be a dick?
This could be Netphoria’s slogan. Welcome.

Old 03-25-2018, 03:35 PM   #239
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
This was evident from your posts yes, but maybe it's a good incentive to keep your uninformed opinions on anything vaguely related to politics to yourself?
cute. I don't have time for losers. don't expect me to acknowledge your existence anymore. speak to the wind you condescending piece of garbage.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:22 PM   #240
FoolofaTook

152 posts in, pinepee decides to ignore everyone