Originally Posted by douglas78 View Post
To quote the late George Carlin... "I love chaos and disorder."
Or Abbath Doom Occulta: "I worship Chaos!"

Old 02-13-2018, 01:16 PM   #122
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
"The best tour I ever would have done is just sitting in a can at home because of D'arcy."
bwahahaha!

Old 02-13-2018, 01:26 PM   #123
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
and the actual interview buttcannon did isn't even online yet. over-under it gets pulled by whichever legal department?
Buttcannon will proceed:

https://gifsound.com/?gif=https://i....ct4huJkPg&s=55

Old 02-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #124
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Billy is in no way being unreasonable here. I think this would have looked the same if he planned a small 4 date club tour.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:39 PM   #125
in stereo
Demi-God

Billy has always been a piece of shit person. But back when he could write amazing music, you could kinda overlook it. Now, when we consider the fact that he's old, fat, can't sing anymore, and hasn't written a good song in 18+ years, it's hard to get past how much of a dick he is.

A stadium tour? "We understand your enthusiasm"?

Billy - nobody will come. Arenas 50% full even with groupon. Nobody cares about the Smashing Pumpkins anymore. Your own fanbase genuinely hates you, besides the tr00 believers on Sad Machines.

Been a fan since '93, saw the original 4 in concert several times. The past is the past I guess... but he kinda got me excited somewhat with his talk about organically starting over with the original 4. But just jumping into recording and arena shows is nothing but a straight-up cash grab.

This is just another Corgan disappointment on a very long list.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #126
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

You should switch to Boris. They are humble and focus on the music. Their fans adore them.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:11 PM   #127
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

I do think it’s more than likely D’Arcy wouldn’t be fit to play bass on the tour. I get where Bill is coming from in that. But yeah, Bill is already down in the pitch count if this a last at bat...

Old 02-13-2018, 02:13 PM   #128
cokefantastic
Pledge

I think the real issue for Bill is that D'arcy doesn't look good in photo shoots anymore. I would bet that's 95% of the issue. She's a fat old lady with meth face, and probably meth bass fingers, zonked out on opiates using her shoulder as an excuse...probably.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:15 PM   #129
Todd White
Pledge

Linda couldn’t be more patronizing. Her premise is that D’arcy is incapable and needs stuff handed to her on a silver plater, thus she should be grateful for the offer to play a token role with SP and opportunity to cash a big paycheque. Wait a second, Linda! Did it cross your mind that D’arcy wants to fully participate without concessions and isn’t motivated by the paycheque? I know I just turned your world upside-down...

It’s obvious that a lot of hard work has gone into planning the upcoming tour, but Linda’s telling us that justifies treating D’arcy like an undeserving outsider unworthy of meaningful input? Give me a break. D’arcy is 1/4 of the reunion project. Linda is 0, just like everyone outside of Billy, James and Jimmy. Give each band member the respect they deserve, then you have yourself a reunion.

And yes, Linda, D’arcy is deserving. She helped create the SP legacy from 1988 through 1999. And she did it without kissing ass or grovelling at Billy’s feet. This is obviously a concept beyond your comprehension. As a hanger-on that worships anything Billy throws your way, you can’t fathom how D’arcy could decline such a special gift from Billy. Maybe it isn’t so special when your treated like a second class participant unworthy of the meaningful role you legitimately created, albeit 19+ years ago.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:36 PM   #130
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Linda Strawberry...wow...just pathetic >>>
Linda is - and always has been - a absolute yes-woman sycophant

Old 02-13-2018, 02:39 PM   #131
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Linda Strawdingle is an employee, and nothing more. A leeching hanger on yes-MAN.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:46 PM   #132
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

She's a man?

Old 02-13-2018, 02:55 PM   #133
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

This band's still got it!

Old 02-13-2018, 02:57 PM   #134
panda show
Ownz

it's funny how significant of a number of people here hold such huge grudges against billy that you can't even take a rational, objective look at this whole situation, instead you will interpret EVERYTHING he says as manipulative, selfish lies?
lol, did he scar you that much with all the fucking disappointments over the past 10 years?

Old 02-13-2018, 02:59 PM   #135
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda show View Post
lol, did he scar you that much with all the fucking disappointments over the past 10 years?
He sure did!

Old 02-13-2018, 03:00 PM   #136
Cowlishaw
Pledge

Really hope thats not all the communication they had over the last two years. Like really.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:16 PM   #137
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

it's not that hard to pick up a phone and call someone ONCE in two years. they had spoken on the phone initially, so i'm curious why their communication was reduced to texting each other. who plans something of this magnitude via TEXT MESSAGE?

Old 02-13-2018, 03:23 PM   #138
andrewface
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
Linda is - and always has been - a absolute yes-woman sycophant
what's the deal with netphoria's obsession with the word "sycophant"?

Old 02-13-2018, 03:27 PM   #139
myosis
Minion of Satan

psycho fan

Old 02-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #140
andrewface
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda show View Post
it's funny how significant of a number of people here hold such huge grudges against billy that you can't even take a rational, objective look at this whole situation, instead you will interpret EVERYTHING he says as manipulative, selfish lies?
100% agree. I don't get how people can blame this on Billy. He's is doing everything he can to be accommodating to D'arcy. If you own a business and one of your employees is on disability you have to ease them back into physical work you don't just throw them to the wolves.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:30 PM   #141
myosis
Minion of Satan

from her side, it's not a business and she's not an employee

Old 02-13-2018, 03:30 PM   #142
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

sad machines = sycophants/psycho fans

Old 02-13-2018, 03:32 PM   #143
paranoid
Minion of Satan

I'm under the impression Billy wanted to introduce her back into the band the same way he did James.. as in have a portion of the show where they celebrate the original band and have her play a few songs low pressure. like James came back in on Siamese Dream material, maybe they would have done a section where they play Gish era material, she plays bass on that, sings on Daydream, everyone goes home feeling happy.

What would have been so terrible about that, as far as starting out goes? It sounds like he wanted to try a soft involvement with her starting out, and if it went well, had had a future in mind for her. Thats not unreasonable, especially given their history and how badly things fell out the first time.. on top of her basically stating health problem that might prevent her from playing on top of her game. She wants all or nothing involvement, but is that truly reasonable at this point, especially after 18 years of not playing?

Old 02-13-2018, 03:34 PM   #144
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

planned a show...

Old 02-13-2018, 03:34 PM   #145
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post

everyone taking billy's side should remember this

that doesn't mean d'arcy is any less bonkers, of course

Old 02-13-2018, 03:36 PM   #146
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Since she outed him, how much you wanna bet Billy has sent Darcy an angry stream of "if you ever talk about me in public again I'll sue your poor ass so bad you won't know what hit you" messages just like he did to Devi Ever a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't above even calling Darcy a he-she and threatening to kick her ass. As if he hasn't emotionally abused this woman enough by forcing her to be in a band where she's not allowed to play her instrument in order to capitalize on her image. Now he has her deleting her Facebook after having the courage to stand up to him publicly and is no doubt going to go on one of his infamous smear campaigns in the press.

Billy is a horrible human. A textbook pathological narcisstic. Like David Pajo has said, he's the alternative rock Donald Trump. Congrats on having Jack Bates on bass, you bald fuck: another chubby awkward looking too-young-for-you musician like Mike Byrne who is just happy to have a gig. The only truly good music you created was between 91-95...and you NEVER could have done it without Darcy being the moral conscience you so clearly lack. Fuck you Billy

Last edited by johncg : 02-13-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:41 PM   #147
andrewface
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
how is she not? She is being offered a contract from Billy the boss to join company which is smashing pumpkins. Obviously a band has a unique business model but when you boil it down that is how it works.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:41 PM   #148
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
Billy is a horrible human. Congrats on having Jack Bates on bass, Billy, another chubby awkward looking too-young-for-you musician like Mike Byrne who is just happy to have a gig.
Still, pretty good to not have to pay them properly or worry about them saying no!

Old 02-13-2018, 03:44 PM   #149
Cowlishaw
Pledge

Bet they'd fuck up a reunion at gunpoint. Would start with them communicating Chinese whispers style and there'd be 4 bullet riddled corpses by the end of the night.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:45 PM   #150
andrewface
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post

Billy is a horrible human. Congrats on having Jack Bates on bass, Billy, another chubby awkward looking too-young-for-you musician like Mike Byrne who is just happy to have a gig.
Jack Bates is a total pro and probably the most technically gifted bass player the pumpkins have ever had. That being said I wonder why they don't go with one of the ladies that used to play in the band - MADM, Ginger or Nicole. Would have loved to see MADM back in SP. Her time with the band was too short.