Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2014, 04:48 AM   #181
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
The teenage years you're just trapped in someone else's house where someone controls everything you do and you have no money and nothing to do but masturbate.
you can look forward to being trapped in someone else's house who is not related to you and the monthly struggle to pay the rent, and likely working in a company where everything you do is controlled by someone. sounds good, doesn' it. sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm with teb on this one.

puperty drama aside, once suicide rates aren't just fascinating statistics, but people in your life off themselves or pass away, and the shit you have to deal with is more serious than school bullying, the worst teenage years seem like an alternate universe. at least to me they do. and then you start listening to Wagner and drink more than your liver can handle in the long run (or smoke more than your lungs can handle, or both.) fantastic!

Old 12-18-2014, 04:52 AM   #182
Elphenor
Braindead

If I drank and smoked when I was a teenager those would have been happier times

Old 12-18-2014, 04:56 AM   #183
Elphenor
Braindead

Work does suck in that you just get told what to do, but then you get a paycheck and then you can go get stoned.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:56 AM   #184
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
If I drank and smoked when I was a teenager those would have been happier times
maybe, but I seem to remember we had that before. it's normal to think that what you didn't have as a teen would have made it better. Like I think I might have been less fucked and depressed if I wouldn't have been able to drink and smoke and go to clubs as a teen and had woken up in one pub toilet less. Neither of us can know, though.

as for working to pay your dealer - pretty much, for a lot of people. that gets seriously old though after a while - and is common knowledge, too. you work get stoned to forget how you spend your day and then hit repeat, ever damn day. Let me know how long you can do that and enjoy it without asking yourself - what the fuck am I doing?

Old 12-18-2014, 05:01 AM   #185
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Sometimes I wish these things worked for me. It's fucked up to feel panic because you just start feeling tipsy. I mean i didn't in my teens, when i actually did get drunk (about once a month anyway from 14 to 16, probably a bit more than that). But i had yet to develop the anxiety and panic disorders i have now. But...well really it just wasn't fun even then. Headaches and nausea the day after. How was it worth it. I guess i'll never get it. But i kinda wish i did. I mean i wish i reacted normally to these things. I guess at leas ti never have to worry about drug addiction or alcoholism.. Though i swear sometimes people treat you like you don't really have problems if you don't do either these things... Like if you were REALLY suffering you be a drug addict or an alcoholic. Which is bs.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:02 AM   #186
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

I don't know where i'm going with this. nevermind me. Time to go to bed.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:04 AM   #187
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
as for working to pay your dealer - pretty much, for a lot of people. that gets seriously old though after a while - and is common knowledge, too. you work get stoned to forget how you spend your day and then hit repeat, ever damn day. Let me know how long you can do that and enjoy it without asking yourself - what the fuck am I doing?
Well yeah, life is meaningless

Old 12-18-2014, 05:07 AM   #188
Elphenor
Braindead

I'm waiting for my man
26 dollars in my hand

Old 12-18-2014, 05:07 AM   #189
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
Though i swear sometimes people treat you like you don't really have problems if you don't do either these things... Like if you were REALLY suffering you be a drug addict or an alcoholic. Which is bs.
it is most definitely bullshit.
I had this tipsy panic for a few years in my 20ies, I didn't drink at all.
then I reacted similar to weed eventually. it sorted itself out, kind of, but I know a bunch of people who developed this sort of reaction somewhere in their twenties.

this goes too much into psycho talk, but you don't need the additional depression of hangovers and weed reduction to know what shit feels like when you touch it. (that doesn't translate well, does it.)

I don't know where I'm going with this either, time to hit the pub for a Christmas breakfast pint.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:08 AM   #190
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

haha

Old 12-18-2014, 05:41 AM   #191
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
do you repeat the line "I'm a grown man" to convince yourself?
just asking, I'm curious why you do it, you seem desperate that people perceive you as "a man."

you want to tell "the kids" what music is worth listening to - although there are only a few posters on here who are a few years younger than you and already have a broad taste in music, while you are 28 going on 12, call your band monkey piss and a halfassed joke picture "a promotion picture for my band", make a living by gambling and want other adults to do the same, post about NOFX, green day or whatever else "grown men" hardly care for, all that on a messageboard whenever you are completely drunk or stoned.

don't get me wrong, obviously I do it, too, but what's up with this grown man talk? have some guys (or girls) repeatedly made fun of you that you are an immature teenager at heart or something?

and for you laughing at punk - I respect a bunch of folks in their late 40ies and 50ies as "grown men" - because they are, and they still live the "punk lifestyle", for better or worse, because that's who they are. who are you to decide what concept of living is ridiculous? how is the wallstreet banker lifestlye of a 40 year old any less ridiculous? or your own lifestyle?
You have no idea about my tastes of music. I like a very vast amount of artists... It's not my fault if people wanna zero in on the few acts that they deem "not worthy" or "childish".

As for you knowing adults in their 40's and 50's being proud of living a punk lifestyle: I can only laugh my ass off. They must be very, very simple people... To say the least.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:48 AM   #192
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Everything that's over ends up in Asia it's culture's last stop
Elph on the money for a change. Nice.

Yeah it's the places like China who are still just getting into the hair-metal scene for the first time in their lives and being totally excited by it.

It's the same reason that SP can go to Brazil and have huge mobs of people waiting for them like the Beatles.

Also, it's pretty funny that Pavementtunes refers to Punk by a bunch of kids with a certain hair-style

Old 12-18-2014, 05:48 AM   #193
Elphenor
Braindead

I listen to all sorts of cool music

Dino Jr , Sonic Youth, the list goes on...

Old 12-18-2014, 05:51 AM   #194
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
insomniac rocks though

I like planets knows what's up

Old 12-18-2014, 06:02 AM   #195
fuzzyroes
Banned

I think the years 14-15 were terrible, because you're kinda just thrown to the wolves with the whole high-school thing. But by the time I was 16 I adjusted and then it was pretty much the funnest of times.

But yeah, being a teenager was actually pretty fucking sweet.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:03 AM   #196
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I listen to all sorts of cool music

Dino Jr , Sonic Youth, the list goes on...
Sweet man, I thought your music tastes were far too narrow to be into Dinosaur Jr.... Cool stuff.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:03 AM   #197
fuzzyroes
Banned

Figured you would have called it "dad rock guitar stuff" or something.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:10 AM   #198
Elphenor
Braindead

I honestly don't like Dino Jr. that much

Old 12-18-2014, 06:11 AM   #199
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I think the years 14-15 were terrible, because you're kinda just thrown to the wolves with the whole high-school thing. But by the time I was 16 I adjusted and then it was pretty much the funnest of times.

But yeah, being a teenager was actually pretty fucking sweet.
For people like you the teenage years are always great

Old 12-18-2014, 06:11 AM   #200
I'm Hardcore
Banned

i honestly do

Old 12-18-2014, 06:13 AM   #201
Elphenor
Braindead

They're good just not my favorite

Old 12-18-2014, 06:14 AM   #202
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Sweet man, I thought your music tastes were far too narrow to be into Dinosaur Jr.... Cool stuff.
Why can you never tell when someone is mocking you?

Old 12-18-2014, 06:15 AM   #203
Shallowed
Braindead

I've even copied and pasted your posts and you thought that I was speaking personally.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:18 AM   #204
fuzzyroes
Banned

just mocking you fuckers back

Old 12-18-2014, 06:20 AM   #205
Elphenor
Braindead

Seriously though no one dislikes Sonic Youth

Old 12-18-2014, 06:21 AM   #206
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
For people like you the teenage years are always great
Well if your teenage years are shit, you're more than likely in for a shitshow in your adult life as well... Unless you strive hard for change... But people are lazy and usually don't bother with that.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:22 AM   #207
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Seriously though no one dislikes Sonic Youth
I know plenty of musicians who do.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:22 AM   #208
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

yes, dinosaur jr and sonic youth are all kinds of music.
the list goes on.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:24 AM   #209
fuzzyroes
Banned

Your trolling techniques are lacking. You need to go and review your work and try harder

Old 12-18-2014, 06:24 AM   #210
Elphenor
Braindead

Can you name another cool band you like