Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 08-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #31
absof
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
hahaha riiighht.

You can just imagine some record label big wig sitting in the office going: "Eddie Veddar and his band are the biggest thing right now, and they have somewhat edgy lyrics. If we can get a guy that sounds like him and entirely dumb-down the lyrics then we'll hit a gold-mine!"

So what we get is some guy aping Veddar singing "holllllllllld my hand!" for his chorus.

Hootie and the Blowfish are disgraceful
*Vedder! Do some research.

Old 10-18-2014, 03:29 AM   #32
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
Zeitgeist guitar tone is really weird. I also prefer Oceania guitar tone, and the riffs as well.

Funny how now people decided to hate on Oceania and show some love to Zeitgeist.
how is that funny it happens almost literally every record lol

Old 10-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #33
dodoz
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec litany service View Post
quasar - can't decide if it's underdeveloped or overdeveloped, an awkward jam trying to be in the "classic sp style". vague, repetitive, rambling rock jam about saying 'right on' and 'vie yow' or whatever a lot
Don't forget "Yes I ! Yes I ! Yes I !" rastafariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Bill

I didn't like the guitar tones on this album, i didn't like the songs, the vocals, the drumming. Well, I didn't like "Oceania".

As for the pseudo metal sound, it was already there on the 2000 farewell tour. One of my problems with this tour.

Old 10-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #34
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i didn't really like or care about oceania at all until a couple of days ago, when i actually listened to the back half of it

i mean, vocally it's still kind of retarded, like come on just let go and sing already
but the music's not bad at all, glissandra's great actually. there are a couple that are good despite whatever billy's trying to do with the lyrics and singing but really, it's incredible that '95/'96 was the time he thought he was "holding the band back" why not realize that only really started happening recently