Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 11-19-2002, 02:02 PM   #1
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Default If cannabis was legalized, would you...

...be happy to pay the same price you do now, or would you expect a reduction given the huge profits involved?

Old 11-19-2002, 02:06 PM   #2
beever
Demi-God

I dont think it would get much cheaper than it already is. Its pretty cheap here.

Old 11-19-2002, 02:32 PM   #3
ammy
yer mom

grow my own

Old 11-19-2002, 02:33 PM   #4
Samsa
Banned

cannabis would be severely taxed much like cigarettes i suspect.

Old 11-19-2002, 02:39 PM   #5
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Quote:
Originally posted by Samsa
cannabis would be severely taxed much like cigarettes i suspect.
Yeah, but the profit margin on cigarettes are nowhere near as high as that of cannabis, if you imagine the chain to be a single organization. What I'm saying is, if cannabis was legalized, would you be happy paying the same amount (with a huge cut going to taxation) with the convenience of it being readily available in a store, and obviously legal, or would you expect the cost to drop into line with other taxed goods?

Old 11-19-2002, 02:42 PM   #6
Lie
Socialphobic

I don't pay anything for it right now. I would expect that to remain the same.

Old 11-19-2002, 02:43 PM   #7
Ihaman
Sometimes, though.

yeah, i've never paid for pot.

Old 11-19-2002, 02:45 PM   #8
Smiley33
Minion of Satan

i'd give it out for halloween instead of candy

Old 11-19-2002, 02:50 PM   #9
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Angry

Damn, this should have been a poll. My first one ever, too

Old 11-19-2002, 02:53 PM   #10
Smiley33
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by killtheyouth

it's harder to insert razors into joints than it is to put them in candy.
you're right. We could always save the pot to give out to the homeless.

Old 11-19-2002, 02:55 PM   #11
BlueStar
Newly independent

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Lie
I don't pay anything for it right now. I would expect that to remain the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-19-2002, 02:59 PM   #12
wangcomputers
Apocalyptic Poster

i think the quality of the cannabis would increase.
Due to the fact that there will be standards imposed; quality control. As opposed to the un-monitored manufacturing and distribution of illegal drugs.

but yeah, i think tax will be imposed and will inevitably increase.

I'm not sure if that's a fair trade.

My crack-whore friends think so.

Last edited by wangcomputers : 11-19-2002 at 03:02 PM.

Old 11-19-2002, 02:59 PM   #13
Samsa
Banned

Angry

well that being said i think the price would probably drop instead. i cahnged my mind. unless th egovernment taxed it so much to keep the price the same as it is now. or it's possible that they think if they raise prices really really high they'll prevent a lot of people from desiring it as much.

Old 11-19-2002, 03:07 PM   #14
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Quote:
well that being said i think the price would probably drop instead. i cahnged my mind. unless th egovernment taxed it so much to keep the price the same as it is now. or it's possible that they think if they raise prices really really high they'll prevent a lot of people from desiring it as much.
Well that's what I mean - the price is artificially high right now, but that said it's an established cost. I was wondering if people would accept the same cost in exchange for legalization and better availability, or if they would also expect the price to drop. If it was taxed to the current price, there would be huge amounts of money made available to the country, but it would also be 'unfair' in a production cost/sales cost sense. Ammy made an interesting point too - if weed was legalized, and used as a tax source, wouldn't growing your own be illegal? Kind of like distilling your own moonshine? I'm sure if vegetables were heavily taxed then there would be a lot more people growing their own personal supply

Old 11-19-2002, 03:17 PM   #15
I Ate My Hamster
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
they think if they raise prices really really high they'll prevent a lot of people from desiring it as much.
Then we'll just have to get it from our regular dealers.

Old 11-19-2002, 03:24 PM   #16
Samsa
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DeviousJ

Well that's what I mean - the price is artificially high right now, but that said it's an established cost. I was wondering if people would accept the same cost in exchange for legalization and better availability, or if they would also expect the price to drop. If it was taxed to the current price, there would be huge amounts of money made available to the country, but it would also be 'unfair' in a production cost/sales cost sense. Ammy made an interesting point too - if weed was legalized, and used as a tax source, wouldn't growing your own be illegal? Kind of like distilling your own moonshine? I'm sure if vegetables were heavily taxed then there would be a lot more people growing their own personal supply
um. yes. i mean as you mentioned tobacco is heavily taxed and maybe it's 'unfair' but it's also, you know. that's how it is. so whatever. if people want to pay a lower price then 2,2 bad. or they could grow their own which would probably be illegal just because it would be a regulated good i assume. i don't fucking know. i guess i don't understand why this is an issue. i mean of course people would like lower prices.

Old 11-19-2002, 03:28 PM   #17
Samsa
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by I Ate My Hamster

Then we'll just have to get it from our regular dealers.
well that's assuming people will go through the trouble to find an illegal dealer and pay a (perhaps marginally) instead of just going to the store and shelling out the cash. plus with legalization pot dealers would probably just be much rarer. except of course it's pretty easy to just grow it yourself. unless growing it yourself is illegal and highly punishable or whatever.

Old 11-19-2002, 03:54 PM   #18
june33
Ownz

Quote:
Originally posted by wangcomputers

My crack-whore friends think so.
I would either stick with the dealer I have now or pay the price.

Old 11-19-2002, 04:01 PM   #19
Samsa
Banned

the thing is, lower market prices would most likely cause illegal marijuana trafficking to be more or less eliminated (in order to stay in business they would also have to lower prices...but of course, i dunno. maybe selling drugs would have its monetary advantages no matter how low the price.)

Old 11-19-2002, 04:04 PM   #20
Smiley33
Minion of Satan

Thumbs up

JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME. JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME, JESUS IS JUST ALL RIGHT WITH ME.

Old 11-19-2002, 04:14 PM   #21
meow
Netflix Me

Could you imagine?

*goes to grocery store* Hi, I'd like a carton of milk, a stick of butter, and a pack of joints please!!

Old 11-19-2002, 05:29 PM   #22
twilightfadez
Socialphobic

Thumbs up

i think it'd be great if it were legalized....that way much of the violence involved with the drug traffic would be minimized

Old 11-19-2002, 05:31 PM   #23
jenn
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by meow
Could you imagine?

*goes to grocery store* Hi, I'd like a carton of milk, a stick of butter, and a pack of joints please!!
can i borrow a cup of sugar and a marlboro green?

Old 11-19-2002, 06:08 PM   #24
YeehaJamesIha
Ownz

Red face

Strange but true: Weed is worth more than its weight in gold.

That being said, I think there's no reason for it to be so expensive other than the fact that it's illegal. If it were to be legalized, they could still tax the fuck out of it and make a profit while keeping the price low. I'm not sure the quality would be improved, I see some beautiful specimens out here. I'm afraid they might do what they did to cigarettes and add chemicals and fillers. Of course, you could always grow it yourself. I know that's what I'm doing once pot is legalized.

Old 11-19-2002, 07:21 PM   #25
Ihaman
Sometimes, though.

i think with the current state of affairs (republicans controlling government) we wont see any sort of legalization of anything anytime soon.

Old 11-19-2002, 07:40 PM   #26
lawson
Apocalyptic Poster

oh definately expect a reduction- its much cheaper in amsterdam and that one city in austrailia where it's legal- and actually because of that its cheaper all over austrailia. yea it would have a huge tax (hopefully all of which will go to education since weed makes you stupid) but its so easy to grow, everyone would grow it- weed is called weed because it's like a weed- it'll grow anywhere- it would be cheaper to make than cigarettes. so yes, i would expect it to be much cheaper

Old 11-20-2002, 12:19 AM   #27
Mr. Rhinoceros

Quote:
Originally posted by Ammy
grow my own
If weed was legal, there would be no reason to buy it.