Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2017, 07:06 PM   #1
reprise85
Submortal
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.
Posts: 27,673
Default Lyrics that make you feel nothing about anything

Just to butter my toast

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:58 PM   #2
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: all my dreams lost at sea
Posts: 5,273
Default

run 2 me

 
Ram27 is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:58 PM   #3
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: all my dreams lost at sea
Posts: 5,273
Default

sorry

*run2me

 
Ram27 is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:58 PM   #4
Run To Me
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Run To Me's Avatar
 
Location: Where the frog spoils the leaf
Posts: 3,479
Default

"Ram27"

just hate when he sings that

 
Run To Me is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:15 PM   #5
Run To Me
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Run To Me's Avatar
 
Location: Where the frog spoils the leaf
Posts: 3,479
Default

Also never felt anything at all when he goes "ima jack off all day won't you marry me" it's just not a thing to tell somebody you'd like to wed, gosh, keep it to yourself bill

 
Run To Me is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:16 PM   #6
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Posts: 1,508
Default

"My love is strange"

 
themadcaplaughs is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:46 PM   #7
reprise85
Submortal
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.
Posts: 27,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Also never felt anything at all when he goes "ima jack off all day won't you marry me" it's just not a thing to tell somebody you'd like to wed, gosh, keep it to yourself bill
hahahah

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:04 PM   #8
Shallowed
Socialphobic
 
Shallowed's Avatar
 
Location: my parent's house in a shitty backwater country town
Posts: 14,801
Default

"I wish I was blank"

Comes off as awkward and lazily written to me.

 
Shallowed is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:52 PM   #9
Jelly Blossom
Demi-God
 
Posts: 387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
"I wish I was blank"

Comes off as awkward and lazily written to me.
"I fear that I am ordinary, just like everyone"

Talk about lazy... the opening line to "Muzzle" has always bothered me.

If you're ordinary, then you're the status quo. By definition you're just like everyone.

He attempts to be profound, but it's an epic fail as redundant statement is redundant.

 
Jelly Blossom is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:52 AM   #10
trevorbrooks
Demi-God
 
trevorbrooks's Avatar
 
Posts: 312
Default

I mean it could literally read: "I fear that I am ordinary; (I fear that I am) just like everyone." It's just placing emphasis on the same sentiment. Happens all the time in lyrics, literature, etc. Dummy.

 
trevorbrooks is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:02 AM   #11
FoolofaTook
Braindead
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The Walla Wallaean Vale
Posts: 16,026
Default

Imbeciles berating imbeciles... I HOPE YOU ALL DIE!!!

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:47 AM   #12
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster
 
dreams of glass's Avatar
 
Location: The Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,217
Default

For God and country we'll fight
For God and country we'll die
For God and country

Last edited by dreams of glass : 04-05-2017 at 07:03 PM.

 
dreams of glass is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:12 AM   #13
Jelly Blossom
Demi-God
 
Posts: 387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorbrooks View Post
I mean it could literally read: "I fear that I am ordinary; (I fear that I am) just like everyone." It's just placing emphasis on the same sentiment. Happens all the time in lyrics, literature, etc. Dummy.
I know it stings having flaws pointed out in things you hold dear, but there's no reason to sink to name calling.

 
Jelly Blossom is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:55 AM   #14
FoolofaTook
Braindead
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The Walla Wallaean Vale
Posts: 16,026
Default

I hold your mom dear.

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:25 AM   #15
reprise85
Submortal
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.
Posts: 27,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Blossom View Post
"I fear that I am ordinary, just like everyone"

Talk about lazy... the opening line to "Muzzle" has always bothered me.

If you're ordinary, then you're the status quo. By definition you're just like everyone.

He attempts to be profound, but it's an epic fail as redundant statement is redundant.
I disagree. Repeating something twice isn't a sin. If it was "I fear that I am ordinary, just like everyone, the same as most other people, we're all the same" that would be different.

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:13 AM   #16
Run To Me
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Run To Me's Avatar
 
Location: Where the frog spoils the leaf
Posts: 3,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I disagree. Repeating something twice isn't a sin. If it was "I fear that I am ordinary, just like everyone, the same as most other people, we're all the same" that would be different.
It's an excellent line; he's telling u the specific reason he fears he's ordinary: b/c he doesn't wanna be like everyone else

Muzzle is beyond reproach imo. I can't say I relate to the lyrics but they're a rare, direct insight into the mindset of that old, hungry, driven version of bill, fulla longing

 
Run To Me is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:48 AM   #17
FoolofaTook
Braindead
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The Walla Wallaean Vale
Posts: 16,026
Default

How dare you defy the poster named as Jelly Blossom!

The poster nmaed as Jelly Blossom scorns your defiance. Faugh!!

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:57 AM   #18
Jelly Blossom
Demi-God
 
Posts: 387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
It's an excellent line; he's telling u the specific reason he fears he's ordinary: b/c he doesn't wanna be like everyone else

Muzzle is beyond reproach imo. I can't say I relate to the lyrics but they're a rare, direct insight into the mindset of that old, hungry, driven version of bill, fulla longing
I completely disagree. I find the lyric lazy and unfocused. But I'd better be careful as apparently pointing out flaws in the pre-2007 Pumpkin catalog is a guaranteed scorning.

 
Jelly Blossom is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:06 AM   #19
reprise85
Submortal
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.
Posts: 27,673
Default

lol scorning, we just disagree with you

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:30 AM   #20
Run To Me
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Run To Me's Avatar
 
Location: Where the frog spoils the leaf
Posts: 3,479
Default

First of all, jelly, not everyone is ordinary, so the very first premise of your "omfg so redundant" argument falls flat on its face

 
Run To Me is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:09 PM   #21
freshfacedyouth
Ownz
 
freshfacedyouth's Avatar
 
Location: in my own mouth
Posts: 509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Blossom View Post
it's an epic fail


 
freshfacedyouth is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:14 PM   #22
Slurpee
Minion of Satan
 
Slurpee's Avatar
 
Location: breakfast
Posts: 5,988
Default

world is vampire

 
Slurpee is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:36 PM   #23
Jelly Blossom
Demi-God
 
Posts: 387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
First of all, jelly, not everyone is ordinary, so the very first premise of your "omfg so redundant" argument falls flat on its face
Well now you're going against your own argument

 
Jelly Blossom is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:50 AM   #24
smashingjj
is very perspective
 
smashingjj's Avatar
 
Location: my mother, my anus, mayfuck, his mother, reverting and cunt amoebes; the story of my life as a fisherman's wife on mars. now in stores. if you get it before may 30, you'll receive a free coupon to hand it in and get your money back.
Posts: 28,509
Default

Do the rubberman is meaningful to me. Wrong thread

 
smashingjj is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:01 AM   #25
DaveKShape
Ownz
 
Posts: 795
Default

PLEASE DON'T STOP IT'S LONELY AT THE TOP

 
DaveKShape is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:44 AM   #26
Shadaloo
Ownz
 
Shadaloo's Avatar
 
Location: put those panties back on the line and get the hell out of my yard
Posts: 532
Default

fight
i wanna fight
i wanna fight
revolution tonight
i wanna fight
i wanna fight
revolution tonight
acolyte, acolyte
do you wanna watch me die?

 
Shadaloo is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:53 AM   #27
Run To Me
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Run To Me's Avatar
 
Location: Where the frog spoils the leaf
Posts: 3,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Blossom View Post
Well now you're going against your own argument


The lyric has pathos, jelly, pathos

Bill fear that he is ordinary just like everyone. Doesn't mean he is right to be afraid; doesn't mean he is right that everyone is ordinary. In fact I'd argue that he's wrong about that and that his fear might not be the healthiest, but like I said, the lyric is valuable as a rare insight into bill's mindset at that time. His fear of being ordinary is actually a fear that he will be forgotten, like most folks, lost to the by and by

The way have you ever heard the words I'm saying in this post

 
Run To Me is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:06 PM   #28
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster
 
dreams of glass's Avatar
 
Location: The Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,217
Default

The lyric

I fear that I am ordinary, just like everyone else

is a direct attack against mediocrity. Bill feels that he is not ordinary, in fact he is extraordinary.

 
dreams of glass is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:34 PM   #29
FoolofaTook
Braindead
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The Walla Wallaean Vale
Posts: 16,026
Default

Ur mom is extraordinary

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:34 PM   #30
FoolofaTook
Braindead
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The Walla Wallaean Vale
Posts: 16,026
Default

In bed!!

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bystarlight.org - am i doing something wrong? slunken Pumpkins Archive 326 05-16-2013 10:40 PM
Stuff that sucks Shallowed General Chat Archive 7 09-13-2008 01:03 PM
american juggalo sickbadthing General Chat Archive 2 09-10-2008 11:07 PM
BLOG Frankenstein General Chat Archive 13 01-30-2008 09:30 AM
2007 Pisces Iscariot Reference Virex19 Pumpkins Archive 80 04-29-2007 04:01 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014