Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #1
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

Default I saw Pixies play, it was boring and everyone is old

No magic whatsoever. The lamp broke and the genie is dead.

Isn't it much better liking music no one gives a fuck about BECAUSE YOU KNOW THOSE BANDS LIKELY WON'T GET A CHANCE TO BREAK UP AND THEN GET BACK TOGETHER AND REALIZE THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE BUT ACTUALLY IT WAS JUST A PROBLEM WITH KIM AND SO THEY JUST DO IT ANYWAY AND THEY GET ANOTHER BASSIST BUT THEN STAGE DIVES AND DRAWS ATTENTION TO HERSELF AND IT'S NOT HER BAND SO THEN THEY GET SOME OTHER BROAD FROM A TOOL SPIN OFF AND THEN THEY MAKE MUSIC THAT JUST ISN'T INTERESTING ANYMORE (just ask billy corgan)

and i had good seats and I DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING PAY FOR MY TICKET BECAUSE I'M A BALLER AND I GET INTO SHIT FOR FREE ON A REGULAR BASIS, BUT LET ME TELL YOU, MY ASS WAS SORE FROM SITTING AND I KEPT THINKING ABOUT HOW IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE A BAND THAT GAVE A SHIT ABOUT MORE THAN $$$$

i mean it was pretty cool back in 2003 or whatever because i was surprised it was going to happen and kim agreed BUT LOOK AT US ALL NOW. IT'S 11 YEARS LATER AND MY BALLSACK IS DRAGGING ON THE FLOOR.

i hate nostalgia. i hate old people.

also, if you record the show with your phone, do you do more than post that on FB? do you go back and watch that shitty video? I FUCKING HATE YOU AND YOUR STUPID FUCKING PHONE SO MUCH. GO SHOVE IT UP YOUR MOM'S ASSHOLE AND RECORD THE SHIT PUSHING THROUGH HER COLON AND WATCH IT ON REPEAT UNTIL YOU DIE.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
Order 66
Socialphobic

is that the band with matt pinfield?

Old 03-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #3
Banana
Banned

I saw Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks this past Saturday and everyone was old but it was pretty good. Saw my favorite song form them which I wasn't expecting and they closed it out with a Pavement song (Summer Babe (Winter Version)).

That bass player although ordinary looking just came off as incredibly sexy during the whole show while she was playing.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:00 PM   #4
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

I love them. Malkmus did it right. They had a reunion tour and then he went back to making his music BECAUSE IT IS BETTER THAN PAVEMENT.

Oh yeah I forgot that Best Coast opened up for Pixies and they were INFINITELY BETTER AND MORE INTERESTING and that chick who sings and plays guitar IS INCREDIBLY FUCKING HOT.

so is that Paz chick but she's just bum bum bum bum bum playing bass and singing someone else's shit

Old 03-06-2014, 10:06 PM   #5
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickbadthing View Post
No magic whatsoever. The lamp broke and the genie is dead.

Isn't it much better liking music no one gives a fuck about BECAUSE YOU KNOW THOSE BANDS LIKELY WON'T GET A CHANCE TO BREAK UP AND THEN GET BACK TOGETHER
Yes pretty much

unfortunately a few of them will probably have a similar trajectory

Quote:
and i had good seats and I DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING PAY FOR MY TICKET BECAUSE I'M A BALLER AND I GET INTO SHIT FOR FREE ON A REGULAR BASIS, BUT LET ME TELL YOU, MY ASS WAS SORE FROM SITTING AND I KEPT THINKING ABOUT HOW IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE A BAND THAT GAVE A SHIT ABOUT MORE THAN $$$$
seats? bourgois swine

Quote:
i hate nostalgia. i hate old people.
it seems these days young people are the only ones who are nostalgic

Quote:
if you record the show with your phone, do you do more than post that on FB? do you go back and watch that shitty video? I FUCKING HATE YOU AND YOUR STUPID FUCKING PHONE SO MUCH. GO SHOVE IT UP YOUR MOM'S ASSHOLE AND RECORD THE SHIT PUSHING THROUGH HER COLON AND WATCH IT ON REPEAT UNTIL YOU DIE.
I KNOW. I HOPE THEY GET BRAIN CANCER FROM THE COMBINATION OF BAD PIXIES AND CELLPHONE RADIATION. I HOPE THEIR LEGS JUST FUCKING FALL OFF

Old 03-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
Trotskilicious
Banned

i don't even like best coast and i'd rather see them over the pixies at this point

at least frank hasn't turned into jabba the hutt, i mean it was a close run thing

Old 03-06-2014, 10:08 PM   #7
Trotskilicious
Banned

it's almost always the case that you should retire the band, make a new one, go solo

i like the people who are solo but have band names

Old 03-06-2014, 11:30 PM   #8
noyen
Immortal

HIGH!

Old 03-06-2014, 11:37 PM   #9
noyen
Immortal

WHICH MOVIE IS BETTER? VOLCANO OR DANTES PEAK????? ARE YOU UPSET WILL SMITH IS NOT GOING TO BE IN INDEPENDENCE DAY 2????

lets talk about the flaming lips who never broke up but should and maybe let all of them die except for steven.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #10
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

The Flaming Lips are pretty much a circus act because of Wayne. At least I got to see them perform before it was turned into Stargate episode on acid.

He also recently did shit with Miley Cyrus, and that's pretty fucking awful. However, Sky Fererrrira did too and she thanked Miley for being able to open for her because before they were playing in people's bedrooms the year before so uh I suppose you have to choose evil now and then BUT the difference is Wayne is doing this shit at the end of his career, not the other way around.

Yes, only Steven should be allowed to live. The bass player is cool too.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:18 PM   #11
noyen
Immortal

I just cringe every time Wayne does anything. I like their shitty music but it is his dream to be on good morning america or some crap so follow your dreams by piggybacking on Mikey/kesha/anyone. uuugh I hate him now.

it makes me mad because Steven is still an addict and Wayne is like yahhh let's put you in risky situations now that you have kids so you can diiiie and I'll live and make tons of money on the documentary of your death. sorta let down that whole he got clean thing was just PR. sad sad.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #12
noyen
Immortal

sky ferrierrrsisa is cute and all too and I like one song she does... she doesn't write her own shit and may as well be Paris Hilton because she grew up 'hanging out' around michael jack off so instead of going socialite route she went straight junkie and faaaaame.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:32 PM   #13
Trotskilicious
Banned

remember that time he made the print with his own blood and people were like WOW COOL instead of GROSS ARE YOU CRAZY

Old 03-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #14
D.
Consume my pants.

My friend went and he said there were a lot of people leaving way early. B's mom has a side gig doing ticket taking at venues and he chatted with her half the show.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:43 PM   #15
Trotskilicious
Banned

the doolittle thing was pretty cool but yeah this new tour is a lot like the new material it's just a pretty naked cash in attempt for a faded indie band that became popular some 20 years after they were active

BECAUSE OMGZ FITE CLUB U HEER THAT THING ABOUT WHERE YOUR MIND IS LOCATED OMGZ I LOVE FITE CLUB IT'S NOT SYMBOLICALLY ABOUT BEING A SELF-LOATHING HOMOSEXUAL

Old 03-07-2014, 07:45 PM   #16
D.
Consume my pants.

OMFG I LOVE THAT MOVIE YOU KNOW OF IT?? I GOT THE POSTER TO LET PEOPLE KNOW IM DEEP ND ANARCHICAL

Old 03-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #17
Trotskilicious
Banned

MISCHIEF MAYHEM SOAP LOL SOAP IF U HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE U WON'T UNDERSTAND

I'M WONDERING IF ANOTHER WOMAN IS REALLY WHAT WE NEED

(NOT GAY, ABOUT BEING MACHO AND MANNING UP TO FACE YOUR IMAGINARY GAY BOYFRIEND, I MEAN NOT GAY JUST LIKE YOUR ALTERNATE IDENTITY. THAT YOU FIND TO BE A PERFECT MAN, PLAYED BY THE MOST HANDSOME MAN IN THE UNIVERSE)

Old 03-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #18
Trotskilicious
Banned

(full disclosure: i have that poster)

i thought it was a satire about anarchism

there's lots of stuff going on, which isn't necessarily a good thing

but chuck coming out of the closet after vehemently denying it for decades...well sir it makes you revisit certain parts with new insight into the authors emotional state

Old 03-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #19
D.
Consume my pants.

No worries bro in 99 I was rockin' a sweet Austin Powers poster. Teenagers are terrible.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #20
Banana
Banned

The most recent Flaming Lips tour was incredibly impressive with the stage production they put on. It was definitely a worthwhile experience seeing that show.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:52 PM   #21
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
(full disclosure: i have that poster)

i thought it was a satire about anarchism

there's lots of stuff going on, which isn't necessarily a good thing

but chuck coming out of the closet after vehemently denying it for decades...well sir it makes you revisit certain parts with new insight into the authors emotional state
Had no idea he did! The prob I have with his books seems to be that I never remember what they are about two months after I read them. They're like filler.

Love "survivor" tho

Old 03-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #22
Trotskilicious
Banned

they are filler, been telling you this for years mayne

i do distinctly remember survivor it may be his best work but also has the most gimmicks

although fight club becomes a more fascinating cultural phenomenon when you consider it as a homophobic screed from a man denying his gayness

Old 03-07-2014, 09:11 PM   #23
Trotskilicious
Banned

OTHER MEN

SO HOT

NO! MUST FIGHT THEM

Old 03-07-2014, 11:19 PM   #24
slunken
Virgo

the pixies have always been "boring" live

Old 03-07-2014, 11:44 PM   #25
Banana
Banned

That's an interesting personal perception you have of that movie.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:51 PM   #26
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
yeah it's really about the sound quality

i thought they were good when i saw them in 10 or whatever it was but i dunno would the person i am now think that way if i was there then, let alone at a new show?

Old 03-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #27
fuzzyroes
Banned

I saw the Pixies live a couple weeks back. I had a blast. I thought the band sounded really tight.

The set list was pretty varied and had a bunch of nice "nuggets" thrown in. havelina, alec eiffel, letter to memphis.

The new shit sounded great too. Songs like Indie Cindy, Bagboy really grabbed the audience.

It was entertaining and well worth the money IMO.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:02 PM   #28
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I saw the Pixies live a couple weeks back. I had a blast. I thought the band sounded really tight.

The set list was pretty varied and had a bunch of nice "nuggets" thrown in. havelina, alec eiffel, letter to memphis.

The new shit sounded great too. Songs like Indie Cindy, Bagboy really grabbed the audience.

It was entertaining and well worth the money IMO.
Whatever, FRANK BLACK'S PUBLICIST

Old 03-13-2014, 01:52 AM   #29
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post

Sounds pretty rockin' to me

Old 03-13-2014, 01:59 AM   #30
Trotskilicious
Banned

frank can't move like that anymore though

i mean seriously the austin chronicle described them as "stone statues cranking out gorgeous noise" in 2010