Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2018, 06:09 AM   #1
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Any Pre-Gish compilations?

Has there been any Pre-Gish compilations made? Fan made or otherwise. I am a big fan of the Marked and the really early Pumpkins stuff when they were still goth influenced. I have recently delved back into all of the released stuff and feel like there could have been multiple good albums before Gish.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:44 AM   #2
myosis
Minion of Satan

official: DVD + cassette on the Pisces boxset

Old 01-05-2018, 12:04 PM   #3
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

April 2014
Quote:
as transfers are almost complete of my 60 + 4-track demos tapes; and to that I plan on offering a multi-edition vinyl set which if I’m guessing correct will in the end have anywhere from 12 to 20 separate releases.
Quote:
So please do keep an eye out for those, as they’ll be releases this year.
August 2014.

Quote:
YOU MADE ME LOVE YOU/WPC UPDATE
August 7, 2014

Also, my next planned release will be the start of a multi-volume collection of home demos from 1985-1990, which, if those who work for me can be believed, has over 800 titles to consider. But a word of caution, as these ‘works’ are all over the place in terms of quality, etc, as I was just a kid of 18 when I started making my own recordings; and not only do my influences show a little too hard in places, but so do my inadequacies as a sound engineer. To help avoid confusion then over what would be on the records, short sound clips of every release will be made avail; as many are instrumental or ‘vibey’ in nature and may not appeal to everyone (I didn’t really start singing my own songs until I was 19). Comments from those that have heard them though are kind and positive, such as (and I’m paraphrasing) those from Jeff Schroeder of SP, who told me that ‘it’s cool to hear you piece together what would eventually become the band’s sound, even at such a young age.’ And pieces these are!
Since these tracks have yet to be mixed, and I’ve a lot to go through, I’d anticipate the first release to come sometime in the next 2-3 months, unless of course I decide to make some public offering before I have the vinyl in hand; in which case you’d hear the compilation of clips sooner rather than later. To that, expect a double or triple first set.

any day now.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:20 PM   #4
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
any day now.
Not released before the SHITHARDER-Box has sold out...

Old 01-05-2018, 12:26 PM   #5
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

there's this: http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=124406

Old 01-07-2018, 07:14 AM   #6
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Thanks for the link. Damn, RIP ChoobieWoobie. A name I haven't read in ages. I remember a fan compilation that was like "1989 album" or something simple like that. It was a Pre-Gish compilation with info supposedly from Billy on his wish to have released an album from the Reel Time era.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:29 PM   #7
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I'd like some real time with your father.

Old 01-07-2018, 05:43 PM   #8
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
Thanks for the link. Damn, RIP ChoobieWoobie. A name I haven't read in ages. I remember a fan compilation that was like "1989 album" or something simple like that. It was a Pre-Gish compilation with info supposedly from Billy on his wish to have released an album from the Reel Time era.
Is this what you were thinking of?

http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/boot.html?boot_id=34

Old 01-07-2018, 05:57 PM   #9
Shallowed
Braindead

Basically though, if you get Nothing Ever Changes, the self titled demo tape, and the Reel Time Demos, you'll have about 90% of what's out there.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:15 AM   #10
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
Nope, that's not it. I have been searching through ten years of posts for the compilation. I'll post it here if I find it.