Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2018, 05:08 PM   #121
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Talking

90s vibes

Old 08-07-2018, 06:06 PM   #122
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Let's talk about Sponge for a while.

I loved Wax Ecstatic and Molly.

Also, Vinnie Dombroski once told this joke in an interview:

A guy walks into work hungover and says to a coworker, "Man I was so drunk last night, I was blowing Chunks."

The coworker asks, "You mean you were throwing up?"

"No. My dog is Chunks."

Old 08-07-2018, 06:18 PM   #123
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Rotting Pinata is a post grunge classic. On 120 minutes back in the day they jokingly said the band name Sponge stood for Satan's People Organized Nationally to Gain Evil.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:32 PM   #124
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissesandNoise View Post
"Northern Soul" is fucking great. I will dig into some of those EPs and Storm
Yeah, Northern Soul is a favorite record of all time for me and kinda parallel to Siamese Dream in the sense of it driving band + producer mad, nearly being the end of the band and largely fueled of a failed romantic relationship of the lead singer. That said tho, sonically, Storm in Heaven to Northern is almost liked a reverse progression of Gish to Siamese. Rawer, way way more live & direct, few overdubs

& yeah, the other stuff is good too

Old 08-07-2018, 07:46 PM   #125
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

& for every record they have at least one album's worth of choice b-sides as well, even for Forth
Some of the shit that didn't make Urban Hymns was the best of that era easily

Old 08-08-2018, 12:37 AM   #126
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Exclamation

The Verve's Pisces on Hut:

Their 2008 comeback album was WAY better than the one from the Pumpkins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ-N...jmLKNZJoFqfp_8

Even the later as a bonus released B-sides and outtakes of the album are listenable:

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 08-08-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #127
BurtSampson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
90s vibes

is this supposed to be funny?

Old 08-08-2018, 01:45 PM   #128
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
Supergrass are also fuckin stellar & I'm surprised they've stayed apart this long. That said it seems like Gaz is doing pretty well for himself
The only Supergrass song I know I fucking love

It’s that super bouncy one

We are young or something?

Old 08-08-2018, 03:20 PM   #129
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

This one? This was my first SG song; all of "In It For the Money" is crazy good

Old 08-08-2018, 03:33 PM   #130
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
This one? This was my first SG song; all of "In It For the Money" is crazy good

Great song. Yes, In it for the Money is so good. A huge jump from the first album. It's like The Kinks on steroids. The whole album rocks

Old 08-08-2018, 03:43 PM   #131
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 08-09-2018, 04:36 AM   #132
thedeadofnight
Ownz

Old 08-09-2018, 06:55 AM   #133
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Yes! Fuckin' love Quicksand

Old 08-09-2018, 09:08 AM   #134
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Here's another band that is better than Sugar Ray. The opening song even contains the words soothe and lover.

To resurrect ourselves, we disembowel our saints
We never underestimate the destructive power of change
We find another way
We dream up stupid shit to while away our days
There's time for everything
We're always searching for what's wrong

No! Never! It's all gone now!
No! Never! It's all wrong (soothe me, lover)
in my heart (left me nowhere)
It's all wrong (soothe me, lover)
in my heart

We dance around the wire
a bunch of piranhas
We dress ourselves in words
armed and overheard
We're always searching for what's wrong

Old 08-09-2018, 10:12 AM   #135
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
The only Supergrass song I know I fucking love

It’s that super bouncy one

We are young or something?

Can you hear us pumping on your stereo

"Alright" is the one you're thinking of.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:43 PM   #136
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

5 Most Problematic Disney Princess Moments
Amy Mori
Jul 14

The beautiful princesses of Disney are adored by all, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re good role models. In fact, many of them pull some pretty shady stunts that would horrify anyone in the real world. These girls aren’t always as magical and perfect as we think, even if their villains are far more evil. Let’s stop for a minute and take a closer look at some of their most questionable actions.

SNOW WHITE SLEEPS IN A STRANGER’S BED UNINVITED

In Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the princess flees from her murderous stepmother and finds refuge in a dwarf cottage in the middle of the woods. After seeing how dirty and cluttered the house is, she takes it upon herself to tidy things up with the help of some forest animals. The seven dwarves who live there are startled to find Snow White sleeping in their bedroom when they return home from work.

There are so, so many ways that this could have gone wrong. Trespassing on someone else’s property could easily land you a baseball bat to the face, if not a rifle. It’s both dangerous and impolite, no matter how well-mannered Disney depicts Snow White. But if you’re a Disney princess, who knows? You might become the mother that the household always wanted.

AURORA TELLS A STRANGER WHERE SHE LIVES

In Sleeping Beauty, the princess Aurora stumbles across Prince Phillip while gathering berries in the woods. Both of them are unaware that they’ve been royally betrothed since birth, but they’ve already met once upon a dream and are happy to be together. They part ways without revealing their names, and Phillip looks forward to visiting Aurora that evening at her cottage.

It’s implied that the lovebirds have known each other for a while due to their shared dreams, but Aurora has been warned all her life to avoid strangers. She doesn’t think twice about inviting one to her home, and that kind of thing might not go well. Dreaming about someone doesn’t make them more trustworthy.

ARIEL SIGNS A BINDING CONTRACT FOR A GUY SHE JUST MET

In The Little Mermaid, Ariel falls in love at first sight with the human prince, Eric, and she saves him from drowning after a storm wrecks his ship. This doesn’t bode well with her father King Triton, who hates humans with a passion and destroys her statue of Eric along with her hopes and dreams. The sea witch Ursula takes advantage of Ariel’s despair and offers her a chance to become human in exchange for her voice and her freedom… for all eternity.

As romantic as it sounds, the truth is that Ariel was willing to abandon her family and home for a guy she’d only looked at before. She made a deal with a sinister sea witch without knowing whether or not her love would go anywhere. Girls, that’s not an example we should follow.

JASMINE DISTRACTS JAFAR WITH A KISS

Things are looking bleak in Aladdin when Jafar becomes a powerful sorcerer and casts darkness over the kingdom. Princess Jasmine is reduced to a servant girl, but the genie refuses to grant Jafar’s wish for her to fall madly in love with him. However, Jasmine notices Aladdin sneaking in and starts pretending that she’s under the love spell, much to Jafar’s delight. She then plants a kiss on his lips to keep him occupied.

Almost everyone in that room either cringes or gags when Jasmine seductively approaches Jafar, and for good reason. It’s borderline sexual, and let’s be honest: Using your body to get what you want is not the way to go. Fortunately, things don’t escalate past the kiss in this scene.

ANNA PROVOKES ELSA OVER A CANCELLED PARTY

The plot thickens in Frozen when Anna approaches her sister Elsa and drops the bomb of her sudden engagement with Prince Hans. She’s convinced that it’s true love, and she snaps at Elsa for disagreeing. The latter does not take this well, who proceeds to declare the party over while walking away from the scene. This upsets Anna, who snatches one of her sister’s protective gloves and refuses to return it as she demands to know why Elsa keeps distancing herself from the world.

Anna finds out the hard way why Elsa needed that glove, and it was kind of immature to make such a scene in front of everyone over social self-pity. It’s not surprising that her sister snaps, after which an eternal winter storm sweeps over all of Arendelle. While Anna does redeem herself later in the movie, she could learn a thing or two about priorities.